Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Is it a 9-9.15am start for the usual suspects who are pushing the super quango?
    Is that the 9-4.30 shift?
    Great little country.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

SF will be getting my vote in the next election anyway, the only party standing up for the working and coping classes. Labour have abandoned ship.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Gerry Adams who manages to stretch his average industrial wage to keep a home in the North, one in Louth and a holiday home in Donegal is so clued in on the whole water charges issue that he doesn't even know if he is liable.
    Here he is in action in an interview with Joe Finnegan on Shannonside Radio on Monday.

JOE: “Are you going to pay your water charges, Gerry?”
    GERRY: “Well, it doesn’t affect me in so far as, eh, I, in the North where my family home is, Sinn Féin stopped water charges…”
    Joe: “So you won’t have to pay water charges here in the South?”
    GERRY: “No, not, not, not to my knowledge.”

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/sinn-fein-support-draws-level-with-fine-gael-for-first-time-644666.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Fr. Ned wrote: »

That link has nothing whatsoever to do with Gerry Adam's ignorance of how the water charges apply to him. :confused:

FG's super quango, cronyism and lies are certainly driving more and more people to vote for Sinn Fein.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/news-opinion/public-right-feel-dripped-irish-4398396

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

FG's super quango, cronyism and lies are certainly driving more and more people to vote for Sinn Fein.

I never would have considered myself a SF voter have always gone the labour route but their simply is no alternative now. FF/FG/Labour's policies are all anti working man/woman and pro establishment. I can see SF being part of the next government at this stage.

That link has nothing whatsoever to do with Gerry Adam's ignorance of how the water charges apply to him. :confused:

Maybe someone should ask Enda about how charges apply to him, at a press conference, with nobody there to write the answer down for him....

MOD: Banned for ignoring thread ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I never would have considered myself a SF voter have always gone the labour route but their simply is no alternative now. FF/FG/Labour's policies are all anti working man/woman and pro establishment. I can see SF being part of the next government at this stage.

WTF? :confused:

The working man/woman make up the most part of the establishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

of course they wont. they look like everyone else.

But you said they would, no you are saying they wont, are you confused??

do you not see what im getting? you claimed that a lot of people at these protests look like burglars, but yet burglars look like everyday people dont they?

How could I see what you are getting? I can't see you so couldn't possible see what you are getting.:rolleyes: And yes a lot of the people at the protests I have seen look like the type of people that would break into your house, how do you not understand this. Oh and they don't dress up in stripey clothes and carry bags with 'swag' written on them, we don't live in cartoons.
    so either you're showing snobbery to the working classes or im completely lost on what your point about burglars was.

Yes I think you are completely lost on the point tbh, I don't think you ever got it really, but don't worry too much about it Trax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

geeksauce wrote: »

How could I see what you are getting? I can't see you so couldn't possible see what you are getting.:rolleyes: And yes a lot of the people at the protests I have seen look like the type of people that would break into your house, how do you not understand this. Oh and they don't dress up in stripey clothes and carry bags with 'swag' written on them, we don't live in cartoons.

Yes I think you are completely lost on the point tbh, I don't think you ever got it really, but don't worry too much about it Trax.

For some reason I began to think of life under the Stasi after reading this. Might be just me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Happyman42 wrote: »
    For some reason I began to think of life under the Stasi after reading this. Might be just me though.

I think geeksauce has reverted to being 12 years old after reading that last post.

You would have to change your name if you thought about that life to much.

Hijpo wrote: »
    I think geeksauce has reverted to being 12 years old after reading that last post.

I had to watch a few cartoons to see what a burglar looked like according to trax

You would have to change your name if you thought about that life to much.

I think the person who needs to 'think about life' is your good self.

I think the person who needs to 'think about life' is your good self.

How so?

How so?

Find a chair somewhere quiet, sit in it, turn off all impediments, fold up and put away The Daily Mail and let the vastness of your mind clear (shouldn't take long).
    Then, with all the brain power you can muster, think about this sentence,

'Am I guilty of jumping to conclusions because of my latent snobbery and bias?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Find a chair somewhere quiet, sit in it, turn off all impediments, fold up and put away The Daily Mail and let the vastness of your mind clear (shouldn't take long).

'Am I guilty of jumping to conclusions because of my latent snobbery and bias?'.

I wonder is he as guilty of snobbery and bias as you are of wild assumptions, generalisation and stereotyping.

The Daily Mail? Seriously wouldn't even wipe my hole with that rag now.

And to answer your question no I am not guilty of jumping to conclusions. You obviously disagree with my statement so can you explain to me why you disagree with it?

Plates wrote: »
    I wonder is he as guilty of snobbery and bias as you are of wild assumptions, generalisation and stereotyping.

Absolutely not.

Thank you for noticing what I did there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I wonder is he as guilty of snobbery and bias as you are of wild assumptions, generalisation and stereotyping .

I think you need to might need to trace posts back to see how the discussion arrived here.

For context like.
    How could I see what you are getting? I can't see you so couldn't possible see what you are getting.:rolleyes: And yes a lot of the people at the protests I have seen look like the type of people that would break into your house , how do you not understand this. Oh and they don't dress up in stripey clothes and carry bags with 'swag' written on them, we don't live in cartoons.

I think you need to might need to trace posts back to see how the discussion arrived here.

For context like.

What is your point?

What is your point?

You don't believe you made some
    wild assumptions, generalisation and stereotyping
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I am looking at getting one of these for the house, I hope to get it plumbed for grey water purposes, toilet, garden, maybe washing machine if I can filter the water sufficiently (not hard Im told). I can have this system set up for under €500, that includes tank, piping, pump and installation.

http://www.theinnovationdiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rainwater-harvesting-tank-system.jpg

You don't believe you made some :confused:

Oh no I definitely made some assumptions alright, still not seeing your point though

Oh no I definitely made some assumptions alright , still not seeing your point though

Looks like you did actually.

Looks like you did actually.

I did what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

wow. that was a mess. what happened? i thought i was going to wake up to an interesting rebuttal, not a baby deer scrambling to get out of the headlights.

wow. that was a mess. what happened? i thought i was going to wake up to an interesting rebuttal, not a baby deer scrambling to get out of the headlights.

Were you sleeping in your car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

They don't have a list of people they would exclude as equity investors, so the SF policy is to sell water services to anyone willing to invest - including Denis O'Brien.

Lovely piece of F.G drivel dodging the question again.

I will ask again:

DID S.F do a deal with Dirty Denis?

And the answer is no they did not.

F.G Did. They handed him a mobile phone notice and in Moriarity's opinion did so in return for bribes. Now they have awarded their accused buddy another state contract. What message does that send to the common person on the street?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement