Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Lovely piece of F.G drivel dodging the question again.

I will ask again:

DID S.F do a deal with Dirty Denis?

And the answer is no they did not.

F.G Did. They handed him a mobile phone notice and in Moriarity's opinion did so in return for bribes. Now they have awarded their accused buddy another state contract. What message does that send to the common person on the street?
    I'm really not sure what you think Denis O'Brien's mobile phone contract has to do with the post you responded to about SF plans to privatise our water services.

Are you trying to say that SF are excluding Denis O'Brien from an equity investment in the water services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

This was an interesting comment from Joan today.

And she sparked criticism during 'Leaders' Questions' after she claimed that demonstrators are using "extremely expensive phones, tablets, video cameras" torecord their activities.

"A core part of the campaign is to video every single second...there has been the most extensive filming," Ms Burton told TDs.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/joan-burton-families-feel-intimidated-by-protests-against-meter-installations-30651546.html

How dare them fcuking plebs be able to afford a phone/tablet or a camcorder!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

How dare them fcuking plebs be able to afford a phone/tablet or a camcorder!!!!!!

Probably burgled. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Probably burgled. :cool:

DamagedTrax will be along soon no doubt claiming you called his parents burglars.

geeksauce wrote: »
    DamagedTrax will be along soon no doubt claiming you called his parents burglars.

DamagedTrax will understand what I was getting at in posting that.
    Because Joan doesn't have anonymity in the Dail she could only infer what she meant. You, because of anonymity, didn't see yourself as being similarly restricted.

• Advertisement

DamagedTrax will understand what I was getting at in posting that.
    Because Joan doesn't have anonymity in the Dail she could only infer what she meant. You, because of anonymity, didn't see yourself as being similarly restricted.

Similarly restricted in expressing an opinion? You still haven't answered my question either, which leads me to conclude that you did actually agree with my statement.

Joan will live to regret that comment I imagine.

That's an 'arse biter'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well if they spent a little less on electronics maybe they could pay their bills?

And if they are spending their days protesting and their nights busily editing and uploading footage, they aren't actively seeking employment very hard...might have an impact on their eligibility for drawing job seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well if they spent a little less on electronics maybe they could pay their bills?

And if they are spending their days protesting and their nights busily editing and uploading footage, they aren't actively seeking employment very hard...might have an impact on their eligibility for drawing job seekers.

You clearly don't understand what people are protesting about, or what the problem is that most people have with this whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

what a huge waste of resources these protesters are causing.. not to mention slowing down the installation of the meters it looks like I wont have my meter installed in time and will be hit with the average charge, which will be more than I would normally use.

• Advertisement

Here's an interesting graphic in the comments section of the BreakingNews article on Joan's remarks..

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1356/3836/original.jpg

Seems like historical facts to me - not much room for argument there.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You clearly don't understand what people are protesting about, or what the problem is that most people have with this whole thing

They should have been protesting years ago, not now. It is too late now. Trying to close the gate after the dog has bolted

People don't want to pay for water, is that the gist of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

still sore over being outed as a snob? maybe you could advise joan on the quality of technology that us lower classes should be allowed own.

Similarly restricted in expressing an opinion? You still haven't answered my question either, which leads me to conclude that you did actually agree with my statement.

What question

P.s. I have no interest on facilitating you to elaborate of your prejudices btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

jameshayes wrote: »
    They should have been protesting years ago, not now. It is too late now. Trying to close the gate after the dog has bolted

I think you'll find that its 'horse' :)

I think you'll find that its 'horse' :)

not if you live in the city like me!:pac:

still sore over being outed as a snob? maybe you could advise joan on the quality of technology that us lower classes should be allowed own.

Outed as a snob? I don't get you, I have no issue with you calling me a snob Damaged none whatsoever.

What question

P.s. I have no interest on facilitating you to elaborate of your prejudices btw.

The question you have been ignoring, its ok though I am going to assume since you haven't answered it you do in fact agree with my statement.

People don't want to pay for water, is that the gist of it?

Nope.. but you know that - still, because I'm bored:

- people are and have been already paying for water
    - people don't see the need for the wasteful quango that is IW
    - people resent the heavy-handed blackmail tactics being used with PPS numbers
    - people aren't thrilled seeing AGS used as a private security force

.. just to name a few

Most people understand and realise that water has to be paid for, however the way this has been handled from the start has been dishonest and wasteful and that - along with the points above - is what most have an issue with I'd say

• Advertisement

The question you have been ignoring, its ok though I am going to assume since you haven't answered it you do in fact agree with my statement.

I've have no idea what you are talking about, but feel free to take the ball home with you.

Nope.. but you know that - still, because I'm bored:

- people are and have been already paying for water
    - people don't see the need for the wasteful quango that is IW
    - people resent the heavy-handed blackmail tactics being used with PPS numbers
    - people aren't thrilled seeing AGS used as a private security force

.. just to name a few

Most people understand and realise that water has to be paid for, however the way this has been handled from the start has been dishonest and wasteful and that - along with the points above - is what most have an issue with I'd say

I would imagine most have an issue with the fact they are being asked to pay for water.

If you don't want to give them your PPS Number you don't have to, so I don't see what the heavy-handed blackmail tactics are really.

AGS are attending protests to ensure people trying to their jobs are allowed to do so and are not attacked by the non peaceful protesters, they are not being used as a private security force

I've have no idea what you are talking about, but feel free to take the ball home with you.

Of course you don't, because answering questions would be too tough for you.

If you don't want to give them your PPS Number you don't have to, so I don't see what the heavy-handed blackmail tactics are really.

Maybe send a strongly worded email to Irish Water and ask them to explain it so.

I would imagine most have an issue with the fact they are being asked to pay for water.

Could you explain to us how the water and sewerage system got there and how there was water in the taps up until October?
    Take your time if it is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Maybe send a strongly worded email to Irish Water and ask them to explain it so.

or check the website. :rolleyes:
    Why is Irish Water requesting PPS Numbers?

PPS Numbers are required to apply for water services allowances and Irish Water will use PPS Numbers to verify the identity of the applicants.

Your PPS Number and the PPS Number(s) of any or all children (17 years old or under) living with you, who are in receipt of Child Benefit are to be provided in your application if you would like to apply for water services allowances and charges including:

Household water services allowance
    Unoccupied dwelling charge (this is also referred to as the not permanently occupied charge)
    Children’s water services allowance

To ensure the children’s water service allowance is provided to qualifying children, the PPS Number(s) provided will be checked against Department of Social Protection records.

Could you explain to us how the water and sewerage system got there and how there was water in the taps up until October?

Really?? It wouldn't be that difficult, however as it has been explained about 1000 times already on this thread I really don't see the need to explain it again. If you don't understand it by now I don't think you ever will to be fair.

Explain what? I don't know if any of your posts ever make sense.

Becuase the state absorbed the cost. Now, following the footsteps of other modern economies, the state will pass the cost onto the citizens to remove some of the deficit in the budget. There ya go. Not too hard at all actually. :pac:

You don't get free food, why should you get free water?

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    Becuase the state absorbed the cost.

And where did the state get the money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement