Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

hawkelady wrote: »
    Glock Lesnar
    Where can I get adidas tapered tracksuit bottoms in dublin?

I've seen a number of people wearing adidas trackuit bottoms with tapered legs but can't find them in my local lifestyle or elverys.

I see you posted above on fashion recently .... So I take it you fit into the first category you mention !!

Your posts are idiotic

Where did I say anything about either group wearing tracksuits? How is that post relevant at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Turning the water back on is irrelevant. It is what happens to people who don't pay. 14,000 were taken to court last year for non payment of TV licence without a word about it. An unpaid utility bill doesn't go away, it remains a debt to be discharged.

A debt which, if unpaid, the consequences are negligible to someone on social welfare.

It is incomparable to the TV licence. There is no mass campaign against the TV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Great turnout at the protest today. It was a brilliant day - Some of the posters and chants were hilarious, especially 'Joan, Joan mind your phone'. My voice is nearly gone from cheering and shouting!

What happens if a social welfare recipient doesn't pay their tv license?

Head down to your local district court next time it sits and find out.

Everyone will pay, the easy way or the hard way, but they'll pay.

A half day in a cell for many. Nothing to a politically charged citizen of a mass campaign of non-payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

dxhound, you must be working overtime, You are here with your one or two pals for the past 7/8 hrs, have you managed to convince anyone to your thought process? or just an opportunity to name call posters?

To our pals here, with the billions we paid out to the Bankers we can surely lose another half a billion on water meters, now is the time to put an end to these meters and we the people will save together our pockets billions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

coolemon wrote: »
    A debt which, if unpaid, the consequences are negligible to someone on social welfare.

It is incomparable to the TV licence. There is no mass campaign against the TV licence.

Very comparable. Why do 80% plus pay the TV licence when nobody can cut off their TV. And it does not build up for years if you get away with it. Next time someone wants a loan to go to Spain for a holiday, see how that works out if they haven't been paying their utility bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

A half day in a cell for many.

Oh dear, never been to a District Court sitting have you?

padma wrote: »
    dxhound, you must be working overtime, You are here with your one or two pals for the past 7/8 hrs, have you managed to convince anyone to your thought process? or just an opportunity to name call posters?

To our pals here, with the billions we paid out to the Bankers we can surely lose another half a billion on water meters, now is the time to put an end to these meters and we the people will save together our pockets billions.

Did you get a late night phone call from Mary Lou asking you to join in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'm here for the entertainment :) I guess you haven't had much success

padma wrote: »
    I'm here for the entertainment :)

There will be less now that you have joined us.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, never been to a District Court sitting have you?

About 3 in the dock. But multiply that by 5 for the various sittings.

It is the prison that decides when to release. Not the court.

Very comparable. Why do 80% plus pay the TV licence when nobody can cut off their TV. And it does not build up for years if you get away with it. Next time someone wants a loan to go to Spain for a holiday, see how that works out if they haven't been paying their utility bills.

Because that 80% combines all sorts of people - including working people who have a lot to lose. Importantly, they are isolated.

About 3 in the dock.

Oh really?

Do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mojesius wrote: »
    Great turnout at the protest today. It was a brilliant day - Some of the posters and chants were hilarious, especially 'Joan, Joan mind your phone'. My voice is nearly gone from cheering and shouting!

there was a photographer and a guy with a signup on the parnell monument telling people to wave their phones for joan...wouldnt mind seeing some of those photos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

About 3 in the dock. But multiply that by 5 for the various sittings.

Not surprising in the slightest really.

Never been inside a courthouse at all myself but then I pay my bills/taxes and obey the law like a proper member of society does so I guess that's the difference between us.

Because that 80% combines all sorts of people - including working people who have a lot to lose. Importantly, they are isolated.

There are people on AH who delight in telling us that they have been getting away without paying for years. They say it is laughably easy. Nobody can avoid getting a water bill. Unless they ask IW to disconnect them. If they don't want to be a customer that is the logical step.

This thing is done and dusted. Once the legislation went through, no government can brook mass law breaking. It hits at the very heart of democracy. Best you can hope for is a change of government. But you needn't expect them to make any legislation they pass optional for compliance either.

Not surprising in the slightest really.

Never been inside a courthouse at all myself but then I pay my bills/taxes and obey the law like a proper member of society does so I guess that's the difference between us.

I have a criminal record of zero and have never been convicted or found guilty of anything. For those interested, you can do a few searches of my previous posts.

I have a criminal record of zero and have never been convicted or found guilty of anything. For those interested, you can do a few searches of my previous posts.

I'm starting to get a strong smell of Freeman from this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Lol, referencing back to Sinn Fein again. You are worried about their rise, no doubt about it. Btw I'd rather FG over Sinn Fein leading the country before you accuse me of being a Sinn Fein supporter again.

It seems to be one of your main defences.

There are people on AH who delight in telling us that they have been getting away without paying for years. They say it is laughably easy. Nobody can avoid getting a water bill. Unless they ask IW to disconnect them. If they don't want to be a customer that is the logical step.

This thing is done and dusted. Once the legislation went through, no government can brook mass law breaking. It hits at the very heart of democracy. Best you can hope for is a change of government. But you needn't expect them to make any legislation they pass optional for compliance either.

I actually like your negativity. I am pretty negative myself. You have probably been vindicated on the issue of the property tax.

But I believe in a fight. If there is no fight then you cannot win.

The consequences if I lose I judge as minimal. For me, anyway.

• Advertisement

Communist.

Communist.

You have my sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Boards.ie never disappoints me in the amount of fruitcakes it seems to attract. :)

ah this one has a very familiar style though, if i was a betting man id fancy a flutter on who it was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Over 50,000 march in Dublin to protest against water charges
    While the Garda press office could not give a figure for the numbers in attendance, one garda observing the march estimated they could be as high as 100,000.

You have my sympathies.

That's what the judge said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

And I'm smelling strawman....

(it'll always come back to Shinners or Freemen when out of arguments)

Lol, referencing back to Sinn Fein again. You are worried about their rise, no doubt about it. Btw I'd rather FG over Sinn Fein leading the country before you accuse me of being a Sinn Fein supporter again.

It seems to be one of your main defences.

I always use the "Mary Lou's messenger boy" response when the nonsense starts. You must be on overtime, you are a government shill etc.

I should be allowed to have my own opinion, especially as it is in the minority here. Freedom of speech and open debate.

Some people seem determined to hector anyone who puts up an awkward argument, like you have to pay because it's the law.

I always use the "Mary Lou's messenger boy" response when the nonsense starts. You must be on overtime, you are a government shill etc.

I should be allowed to have my own opinion, especially as it is in the minority here. Freedom of speech and open debate.

Some people seem determined to hector anyone who puts up an awkward argument, like you have to pay because it's the law.

Crap dj.
    What's he got to do with water charges :o

Crap dj.
    What's he got to do with water charges :o

I can't even agree with you there. I like Hector.

• Advertisement

I can't even agree with you there. I like Hector.

You know what.... We have common ground so.

Yeah he's OK, go on ya good thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement