Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Its not what it said on its website. Information pack first, then a date informing you on the installation of the meter.

The website details what they are choosing to do, not what they have to do.

In my own case, I got a notification of the date, but they didn't turn up. They came a few weeks later without giving me a new notification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Phoebas wrote: »
    The website details what they are choosing to do, not what they have to do.

In my own case, I got a notification of the date, but they didn't turn up. They came a few weeks later without giving me a new notification.

Thanks. We got nothing here. Not sure if there's a meter, but all the neighbours has one. Unless our meter is hidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thanks. We got nothing here. Not sure if there's a meter, but all the neighbours has one. Unless our meter is hidden.

Do you know where the mains is? Small cover usually on the path just outside the house

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have an apartment, sharing with my girlfriend and as it stands it cannot be metered due to an issue with the building itself and may never be, called IW and will only pay 278 euro per year regardless off how much water I use, that hardly seems fair compared to metered households.

Its possible that they put your meter outside your neighbour's property - it would depend on the layout of the public pipework.

Since you didn't get an application pack, its also possible that they just don't know about you. You might just be off their radar - free water forever. ;)

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you know where the mains is? Small cover usually on the path just outside the house

Don't know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A family member of mine had the same happen, his estate was done and they skipped him.

Xenji wrote: »
    A family member of mine had the same happen, his estate was done and they skipped him.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I think that if you had one installed recently you would see the evidence .
    Usually has a square of fresh concrete surrounding it.
    In some rare cases the old stopcock could have been concreted or tarmacked over.
    Another outside possibility is that your supply could be a branch off one of your neighbors on either side.
    Such ad hoc arrangements took place years ago and may have gone undetected.
    This will very soon change when water charges come in and people start comparing usage .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Good to see the protest getting a lot of international interest in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I have read a few, most are saying something along the lines of....
    State broadcaster RTE cited a police estimate of 30,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Bambi wrote: »

https://i.imgur.com/4xSXaCA.jpg

It's going to get harder and harder to defend the mob

Wow!
    That is in incredibly bad taste - what the hell were they thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I think that if you had one installed recently you would see the evidence .
    Usually has a square of fresh concrete surrounding it.
    In some rare cases the old stopcock could have been concreted or tarmacked over.
    Another outside possibility is that your supply could be a branch off one of your neighbors on either side.
    Such ad hoc arrangements took place years ago and may have gone undetected.
    This will very soon change when water charges come in and people start comparing usage .

I think this might be our case too. Last year there was a leak in our front garden. When the landlord finally got someone to fix it, we discovered we're on a shared feed with the neighbours, the water supply feeds next door first then us.

Only one meter has been installed outside between the 2 houses and I am yet to receive an application pack. We also had no communication from IW regarding the meter installation itself. It's like we don't exist. I am assuming that we will be on the flat rate charge, but not sure if I will contact IW or wait for them to contact me. Whilst I'm not vehemently against water charges, I will happily exploit a glitch in the system for a while (might put the money by just in case)

Hoping the neighbours don't get billed for our usage though. Does anyone know what the policy is for shared feeds. I would assume the fairest would be non-metered billing for both houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Wow!

It does look like she dressed in the dark. But I'm no fashion guru.

Good for who? Even if there was a lot of coverage, which there wasn't, it would not make any difference either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

mojesius wrote: »

That video puts to bed all of the comments on here that the people who are against IW/Meters etc are all "scumbag knackers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Wow!

When a banner buckles and the lettering doesn't you can be rightly suspicious that Photoshop is involved.
    When the poster of the image has basic grammar issues akin to those on the banner, you can be triply suspicious.
    I'll post proof of the second group first to allow people a chance to recant before I prove my post most in it's entirety.
    These photos are orginally from the rabble facebook page so they're already in the public domain but I've obscured their identity further to prevent issues with the mods.

I'd like to see some more sources for this before I make up my mind that there may have been some assholes on parade yesterday.

Smidge wrote: »
    That video puts to bed all of the comments on here that the people who are against IW/Meters etc are all "scumbag knackers".

Two different things. Sitting at home being against meters or even going on a march to protest. As opposed to invading other peoples residential areas to obstruct lawful business. The ones in Dundalk are republican paramilitaries.

http://www.republicanunity.org/rnu-dundalk-warn-of-possible-state-agent-undermining-of-anti-water-meter-protests/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Good for who? Even if there was a lot of coverage, which there wasn't, it would not make any difference either way.

It appears to make a difference to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Happyman42 wrote: »
    When a banner buckles and the lettering doesn't you can be rightly suspicious that Photoshop is involved.
    When the poster of the image has basic grammar issues akin to those on the banner, you can be triply suspicious.

I'd like to see some more sources for this before I make up my mind that there may have been some assholes on parade yesterday.

Here's another picture of the flag, that should be the end of your silly billy suspicions.

https://i.imgur.com/C3T2fj8.jpg

For everyone that comes across as an undesirable in a still shot there's 10 that you'd have to listen to and be around to pick out.

Happyman42 wrote: »

A person with the kind of ignorance that the banner displays mightn't also be ignorant in matters of grammar too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Here's another picture of the flag, that should be the end of your silly billy suspicions.

For everyone that comes across as an undesirable in a still shot there's 10 that you'd have to listen to and be around to pick out.

Disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Fair enough...there where some idiots at the march. In a 100,000 or even 30,000 people gathered for anything, what do you think the chances of some of them being idiots would be?
    Think, All-Ireland Final...Ulster Final...Ireland V Gibraltar etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

I think it's fantastic to see so many people out in force protesting over these endless charges. I'm so happy that Irish people are starting to get a bit of a back bone and exercising their right to protest. We are being bled dry no end and if the government think oh well they'll just lie down and roll over, then they'll never draw the line and keep charging us whatever charge/tax they can think of next.

C'mon Irish people. Let's stand up and fight back. Let's not be money making, tax raking robots for the government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    I think it's fantastic to see so many people out in force protesting over these endless charges. I'm so happy that Irish people are starting to get a bit of a back bone and exercising their right to protest. We are being bled dry no end and if the government think oh well they'll just lie down and roll over, then they'll never draw the line and keep charging us whatever charge/tax they can think of next.

C'mon Irish people. Let's stand up and fight back. Let's not be money making, tax raking robots for the government!

Why do you think the government wants to take in this tax? They're not doing it just for the fun of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Why do you think the government wants to take in this tax? They're not doing it just for the fun of it.

To make up for mistakes which I blooming didn't well make, that's why!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Pwindedd wrote: »
    I think this might be our case too. Last year there was a leak in our front garden. When the landlord finally got someone to fix it, we discovered we're on a shared feed with the neighbours, the water supply feeds next door first then us.

Only one meter has been installed outside between the 2 houses and I am yet to receive an application pack. We also had no communication from IW regarding the meter installation itself. It's like we don't exist. I am assuming that we will be on the flat rate charge, but not sure if I will contact IW or wait for them to contact me. Whilst I'm not vehemently against water charges, I will happily exploit a glitch in the system for a while (might put the money by just in case)

Hoping the neighbours don't get billed for our usage though. Does anyone know what the policy is for shared feeds. I would assume the fairest would be non-metered billing for both houses.

The same thing here with me also. There's no meter lid outside my house but there's one across the road outside the neighbours and the lid is larger than the other lids up and down the road. Around the same time the meters the cold taps in the bathroom came to a dripple before stopping up altogether.

How's your water doing? Did you have any problems with your water?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Disgraceful

I think they were from donegal, which would explain a lot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Disgusting. You should post it on the protestors thread.
    Smidge wrote: »

Did people say that? I'm pretty sure they were calling the people who were involved in trying to stop the meters as scumbags because that's what the videos showed. I'd love to see a post where someone called all anti-water meter people are scumbags if you can find one to back up your claim.
    Sweet Rose wrote: »
    To make up for mistakes which I blooming didn't well make, that's why!

They didn't make them either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement