Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

geeksauce wrote: »
    Eh no if you don't pay they will disconnect/restrict your water. That is how they will get people to cough up when the bills arrive.
    Extortion:
    the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

mad m wrote: »
    So what will happen if you don't fill out firm and return it? Or fill out form without PPS number and return it. Very confusing.

A stranger dressed in black will come to your house 72 hours later and kill you.

Extortion:
    the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.

I'm very comfortable with them extorting money from the freeloaders.

What is very confusing?
    Its quite clear from mad m's post:
    Figuring out the consequences of not returning the form, or not including your PPS number when returning the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Extortion:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/freeloading

free·load (frld)
    intr.v. free·load·ed, free·load·ing, free·loads Slang
    To take advantage of the charity, generosity, or hospitality of others.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freeload

free·load verb \-ˌlōd\
    : to get or ask for things (such as food, money, or a place to live) from people without paying for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Its quite clear from mad m's post:
    Figuring out the consequences of not returning the form, or not including your PPS number when returning the form.

Not clear at all. There is no confusion about the consequences in those circumstances. Anyone can look them up online if they don't know. Not knowing is not the same as being confused.

food, money, or a place to live
    water is not one of these and cutting off supply is a breach of UN Resolution 64/292 of which Ireland is party to.

Not clear at all. There is no confusion about the consequences in those circumstances. Anyone can look them up online if they don't know. Not knowing is not the same as being confused.

Thanks that clears things up.... not!

water is not one of these and cutting off supply is a breach of UN Resolution 64/292 of which Ireland is party to.

Show me where it says IW will cut off your water supply if you don't pay please. And those were EXAMPLES of freeloading, not the whole list :rolleyes:

Show me where it says IW will cut off your water supply if you don't pay please. And those were EXAMPLES of freeloading, not the whole list :rolleyes:

so are you saying that if I don't pay my water bills, my water does not get cut off?

• Advertisement

so are you saying that if I don't pay my water bills, my water does not get cut off?

Of course it doesn't get cut off, as you have rightly pointed out that would be against the law. Good luck taking a shower or a bath but you will still have water.

Thanks, I've looked up online for the consequences of not supplying my PPS number and found nothing.
    I know now what the consequence of not giving Irish Water my PPS number is.

Thanks, I've looked up online for the consequences of not supplying my PPS number and found nothing.
    I know now what the consequence of not giving Irish Water my PPS number is.

The most confusing thing to me is why someone asks what would happen if they did not give all the information requested on a form. If you did not give your date of birth on a passport application form it would be returned for the missing details. Some things in life are confusing but not in this case, just fill in the form in full and you won't be left wondering what will happen if you only fill in part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

If people were just permitted to state on a paper or online form the number of people in a household, it would be open to abuse, with some people overstating the number of occupants to get more free allowances. At least with the PPS numbers, there is certainty.

The most confusing thing to me is why someone asks what would happen if they did not give all the information requested on a form. If you did not give your date of birth on a passport application form it would be returned for the missing details. Some things in life are confusing but not in this case, just fill in the form in full and you won't be left wondering what will happen if you only fill in part of it.

Naw, I won't be filling out the form.

So what will happen if you don't fill out firm and return it? Or fill out form without PPS number and return it. Very confusing.

This is what happens if you don't return the form. .

What happens if you don’t apply?

If you don’t contact us or we don’t receive an application online, by telephone or by post from you, your bills will based on the details we have about your household. If you have an Irish Water installed water meter, we will charge you for water services based on water meter readings. If you do not have an Irish Water installed water meter, we will charge you based on the information available to us in accordance with the approved water charges plan.

Additionally, if you do not apply, you will not receive any water services allowances.

Do fill in the PPS number on the form if you decide to return it. That will avoid any "confusion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    If people were just permitted to state on a paper or online form the number of people in a household, it would be open to abuse, with some people overstating the number of occupants to get more free allowances. At least with the PPS numbers, there is certainty.

That concept is clearly lost on some here though.

Naw, I won't be filling out the form.

I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

I suppose it's like AIB there not so long ago, sending out a letter requesting that I validate who I am, if it did not happen it may affect my account, or that was the point being put forward by the banks.

I didn't return anything and my account still hasn't been affected.....

Very confusing.....

I suppose it's like AIB there not so long ago, sending out a letter requesting that I validate who I am, if it did not happen it may affect my account, or that was the point being put forward by the banks.

Very confusing.....

They said May and not Will. Clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

They said May and not Will. Clever.

Tis....fecking banks.

Very confusing.....

Sure don't return the form if you don't want to, its not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

3% of household income is ok by them
    • Affordable. Water, and water facilities and services, must be affordable for all. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) suggests that water costs should not exceed 3 per cent of household income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wailin wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why are you pro water charges? Are you actually naive enough to think it will improve water quality? It's just another tax that the government can raise at budgets and make normal living for a high percentage of people in this country extremely unbearable. Were you pro property tax too?

Firstly, I am not naïve. I also never mentioned improving water quality. I am old enough to remember paying by domestic rates and doing away with them was the worst mistake a government could make. I believe we need to pay for water. In also think a property tax is no bad idea either. I know you won't agree but taxes in this country have fallen too low over all for a state our size. Do you recall the taxes of the 1980s?
    As for making life unbearable for a high percentage of people. A percentage perhaps but not a high percentage. Or what do you consider high? I have no difficulty paying, from my pension, for these things and neither does anybody else I have spoken to about it. I know the mindset is lost on most younger people but many of us agree with paying our way.

That's me done. I just wanted to express my personal view rather than debate my naivety or otherwise with you.

I'm confused.
    Whats confusing you now?
    Its quite simple, I won't be filling out any forms or paying any bill from Irish Water.

Whats confusing you now?
    Its quite simple, I won't be filling out any forms or paying any bill from Irish Water.

;)

Whats confusing you now?

What are you going to do for water then?

Whats confusing you now?

Ahh yes, I seem to remember similar sentiments being expressed in the Household Charge thread - how'd that work out for you?:pac:

Unfortunatley there's always been a minority who are willing to parasite off the rest of society - or at least willing to claim they will.

But the loopholes get closed fairly quick and such individuals have always been quick to crumble.

geeksauce wrote: »
    What are you going to do for water then?

turn on the tap, Timberrr said I will still have water
    :)

• Advertisement

turn on the tap, Timberrr said I will still have water
    :)

You will, a trickle of water. 10 minutes to fill a kettle, Forget bath/shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement