Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,942 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Coalition waffler sticking to the script.

You never hear them saying that other countries have high USC, high VRT etc because it doesn't suit their argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Eamon Ryan, Green Party representative... Feck off back to your box that the public put you in when your party was demolished!

smash wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan, Green Party representative... Feck off back to your box that the public put you in when your party was demolished!

Carbon Tax hypocrite alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He's not wrong, we do need to pay for it somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 34,185 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just hope if they do reduce rates for the people who could not care less about getting a job that they also consider low earners too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is strange none of these anti-water protesters cared about people who always paid for water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Coalition waffler sticking to the script.

Fair play that the Minister for the environment came on though, even if it took him 2 attempts to acknowledge that there was a crowd

VinLieger wrote: »

He's complete wrong! "We use twice as much as we should" no shít, there's close to 50% leakage. There's your usage!

Ruth Coppinger, looney far left whom should never be let anywhere near power.

The protests will get much bigger. Loads of anger out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I gave them plenty over the years to ensure that 40% of it isn't leaking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

44k first preferences in the Euro elections. I'd say Eamon Ryan is on the way back.

He's complete wrong! "We use twice as much as we should" no shít, there's close to 50% leakage. There's your usage!

And that magically get's fixed how? Transporting clean water and waste water cost's money and needs to be paid for somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Phoebas wrote: »
    44k first preferences in the Euro elections. I'd say Eamon Ryan is on the way back.

He'll be fierce lonely

So what it didn't go to the right place, saying you paid for it previously and the money didn't go to the right place doesn't remove the fact it needs to be fixed and maintained and stamping your feet like a child screaming he wants ice cream and not broccoli for dinner wont change that fact

Put ebola in the water and people will appreciate clean water...

It is borrowed money that always paid for water, I never got a tax refund for providing my own water.

Most of those protesters could pay I bet.

And that magically get's fixed how? Transporting clean water and waste water cost's money and needs to be paid for somehow.

It's being paid for through the taxes. The 500m used to set up Irish Water would fix a lot more pipes and save a lot more water than the charge.

Probably the Govt's biggest mistake was losing the connection with the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm watching Eastenders, just dropped in here for a look. Having a running commentary on a discussion like this is weird. If I was watching I would watch to the end and then form a view. This running commentary idea works better for football matches.

Dundalk for the League, nearly there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

So what it didn't go to the right place,
    :rolleyes:
    saying you paid for it previously and the money didn't go to the right place doesn't remove the fact it needs to be fixed and maintained and stamping your feet like a child screaming he wants ice cream and not broccoli for dinner wont change that fact

Why now? If we are recovering this can wait...put money aside to fix the leakages and system as we go. Then when we have a fit for purpose system...look at charging for it again. And don't set up a money wasting quango to collect it.

It's being paid for through the taxes. The 500m used to set up Irish Water would fix a lot more pipes and save a lot more water than the charge.

Yeah and it's not being paid for through taxes anymore, that system was quite obviously broken through the simple fact that 40% was leaking so your asking for it to be fixed by doing exactly the same thing we've been doing for the last 20 years?

So what it didn't go to the right place, saying you paid for it previously and the money didn't go to the right place doesn't remove the fact it needs to be fixed and maintained and stamping your feet like a child screaming he wants ice cream and not broccoli for dinner wont change that fact

If your engine blew up and your mechanic had the car for a few weeks while you paid him and you got it back with new brakes and tyres would you just accept it? The bottom line is that you paid for a specific service so you expect to get it!

Yeah and it's not being paid for through taxes anymore, that system was quite obviously broken through the simple fact that 40% was leaking so your asking for it to be fixed by doing exactly the same thing we've been doing for the last 20 years?

So where exactly are our other taxes going Vin?

:rolleyes:

Why now? If we are recovering this can wait...put money aside to fix the leakages and system as we go. Then when we have a fit for purpose system...look at charging for it again. And don't set up a money wasting quango to collect it.

Yes put it on the long finger and make it someone else's problem, which will be our children, the classic irish politics answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Water meters are no different in concept than the introduction of the NCT testing .........and neglect. If that happens, maybe IW will be an acceptable organisation.

Yes, yes, yes, but, but, but, but, PPS numbers, some guy from Sligo CoCo, bankers, Phil Hogan, double taxation, water is a human right according to the UN, leaks, consultants fees, protest, all politicians are just in it for themselves, bad water quality, quango, I didnt ask to be a customer, unconstitutional, Troika, Sinn Fein, cut off, austerity, march, allowance, to the pin of our collar, jobs for the boys, where did they get my details, Edna Kenny, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

It could have been used to house the homeless.

Yes, yes, yes, but, but, but, but, PPS numbers, some guy from Sligo CoCo, bankers, Phil Hogan, double taxation, water is a human right according to the UN, leaks, consultants fees, protest, all politicians are just in it for themselves, bad water quality, quango, I didnt ask to be a customer, unconstitutional, Troika, Sinn Fein, cut off, austerity, march, allowance, to the pin of our collar, jobs for the boys, where did they get my details, Edna Kenny, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

You forgot cronyism :D

• Advertisement

So where exactly are our other taxes going Vin?

I dunno we will find out tomorrow, but we still have a decent deficit so im betting there, which also isn't magically going to go away no matter how much you wish it to.

In a poll last week irish people unanimously voted we want more money back in our pockets than in services proving we are really just a bunch of greedy cvnt's who only care for number 1 and irish society is really just selfishly broken

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement