Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Yes, yes, yes, but, but, but, but, PPS numbers, some guy from Sligo CoCo, bankers, Phil Hogan, double taxation, water is a human right according to the UN, leaks, consultants fees, protest, all politicians are just in it for themselves, bad water quality, quango, I didnt ask to be a customer, unconstitutional, Troika, Sinn Fein, cut off, austerity, march, allowance, to the pin of our collar, jobs for the boys, where did they get my details, Edna Kenny, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

To list just a few things wrong with the whole of IW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

RTÉ now acknowledge 100k attended the protest. (Miriam referenced the numbers numerous times)
    Eamon Ryan acknowledges 'we're already paying for water through vat'
    Pudie acknowledged there's basically Shag all Irish Water can do to non payers.

That most definitely didn't go well for the pro side, fairplay to Ruth Coppinger. Tied them in knots, had paudi basically pleading with the public to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Enda Kenny giving himself a payrise tomorrow to pay for the water :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Yes, yes, yes, but, but, but, but, PPS numbers, some guy from Sligo CoCo, bankers, Phil Hogan, double taxation, water is a human right according to the UN, leaks, consultants fees, protest, all politicians are just in it for themselves, bad water quality, quango, I didnt ask to be a customer, unconstitutional, Troika, Sinn Fein, cut off, austerity, march, allowance, to the pin of our collar, jobs for the boys, where did they get my details, Edna Kenny, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Pope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

VinLieger wrote: »
    In a poll last week irish people unanimously voted we want more money back in our pockets than in services proving we are really just a bunch of greedy cvnt's who only care for number 1 and irish society is really just selfishly broken

There comes a point when enough is enough. 6 years of crap and people want something back.

• Advertisement

RTÉ now acknowledge 100k attended the protest. (Miriam referenced the numbers numerous times)
    Pudie acknowledged there's basically Shag all Irish Water can do to none payers.

That most definitely didn't go well for the pro side, fairplay to Ruth Coppinger. Tied them in knots, had paudi basically pleading with the public to pay.

They can go through the courts to get the money they are owed.

A special court should be set up to fast track non payers of utility bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

smash wrote: »
    If your engine blew up and your mechanic had the car for a few weeks while you paid him and you got it back with new brakes and tyres would you just accept it? The bottom line is that you paid for a specific service so you expect to get it!

And we weren't getting that service okay? You can cry and complain all you want but it won't change that fact. What do you want? all the money you paid over the years back?

Yes put it on the long finger and make it someone else's problem, which will be our children, the classic irish politics answer.

Promissory notes anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yes put it on the long finger and make it someone else's problem, which will be our children, the classic irish politics answer.

No, I said we fix it as we recover.
    There is a reason this is being rolled out now...to collect revenue. There is nothing in the set up of the new company that tells me their imperative is to improve the infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

There comes a point when enough is enough. 6 years of crap and people want something back.

Your government will deliver that tomorrow.

• Advertisement

And we weren't getting that service okay? You can cry and complain all you want but it won't change that fact. What do you want? all the money you paid over the years back?

No, continue as we are and allocate the money we currently pay for water to actually fix the water system.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,944 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RobertKK wrote: »

Not going to happen.

Yeah and they will get it back, probably a tiny bit this year a bit more next year and so on and so on.... but there's no magic wand that can be waved no matter what Sinn Fein and the Independents would have you believe.

No, continue as we are and allocate the money we currently pay for water to actually fix the water system.

Fool me once......

I would like all this imaginary money I paid through taxation for a water service and never received to be refunded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Pudie acknowledged there's basically Shag all Irish Water can do to none payers.

I wonder will Vinno have a go on TV3.

Promissory notes anyone?

I completely agree... you want to do it again?

100k were at the protest, many more against the charges weren't for various reasons.

The hhc seen 480k non payers, so suffice to say, without Revenue threats we can more than likely assume these same numbers will refuse to pay this.

Even fast-tracking people through a court would still coincide with any upcoming general election, FG sure as hell don't need that bad publicity.

Fool me once......

Charge you twice... For the rest of your life... ?

Charge you twice... For the rest of your life... ?

You weren't paying for water, money you paid income tax or VAT that happened to be used for maintaining our water now it's going somewhere else, you might get a bit back this year probably more next year, things will improve.

• Advertisement

gladrags wrote: »
    I wonder will Vinno have a go on TV3.

This'll be even more entertaining tbh.

It will be funny if people didn't pay their water bills and it ended up with Irish water not receiving enough money to pay to keep the workers paid and the water service going and the water just stopped...it would be a case of you get what you paid for.
    It would be a bit like receiving certain vaccines, enough of the people have to receive the vaccine for it to work, but when enough don't it puts all at risk.

You weren't paying for water, money you paid income tax or VAT that happened to be used for maintaining our water now it's going somewhere else, you might get a bit back this year probably more next year, things will improve.

That's bollox. They'll give a little and take a whole lot more. Like this one that slipped under the radar: http://m.rte.ie/news/2014/1006/650464-climate/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You weren't paying for water,

Is IW going to be buying water in or something? paying for water is another way of saying you are paying for the treatment of it and the waste.
    The raw material costs nobody anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

If water is a basic human right to which all citizens are entitled, why not have a basic supply everyone can access, such as a community pump where people can collect water for their use.

If you want an upgrade on this basic supply, such as a direct supply to your home, you pay the charge. Sounds fair to me.

100k were at the protest, many more against the charges weren't for various reasons.

The hhc seen 480k non payers, so suffice to say, without Revenue threats we can more than likely assume these same numbers will refuse to pay this.

Even fast-tracking people through a court would still coincide with any upcoming general election, FG sure as hell don't need that bad publicity.

Threats of court action will frighten a lot.

It will be funny if people didn't pay their water bills and it ended up with Irish water not receiving enough money to pay to keep the workers paid and the water service going and the water just stopped...it would be a case of you get what you paid for.
    It would be a bit like receiving certain vaccines, enough of the people have to receive the vaccine for it to work, but when enough don't it puts all at risk.

That wouldn't happen for 12 years at least seeing as the people who previously looked after the upkeep and delivery of our water systems will still be kept doing the exact same thing.

The only thing that would die off is a (sorry to use the buzz word) quango that was never required in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

right, you can pay for it, get the check book out. because i'm not paying for this unnecessary waste of money. if people don't pay their utility bills its not the end of the world. only effects them

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

No way am I paying. Nobody wants it. Democracy in action. Its gotten so bad that its no longer a case of ''wont pay'' , its a case of ''cant pay''

People feel like they are under siege,afraid to flush the toilet and going backwards to a time of scarcity decades ago when the whole family would jump into the bathtub one after the other until the water was black.

People who wish to force water charges upon others are no democrats.

• Advertisement

Threats of court action will frighten a lot.

If you had of been outside the GPO on Saturday afternoon, you would understand that the public have had enough of 'threats' and bullying tbh.

This will be FGs poll tax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement