Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

100k were at the protest, many more against the charges weren't for various reasons.

The hhc seen 480k non payers, so suffice to say, without Revenue threats we can more than likely assume these same numbers will refuse to pay this.

Even fast-tracking people through a court would still coincide with any upcoming general election, FG sure as hell don't need that bad publicity.
    he wants people to be fast tracked through a special court so he can set up another jobs for the boys club

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Threats of court action will frighten a lot.
    just those who would have payed anyway. the rest who won't pay no matter what, no court action will stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

right, you can pay for it, get the check book out. because i'm not paying for this unnecessary waste of money. if people don't pay their utility bills its not the end of the world. only effects them

You are an unnecessary waste of any money you are getting from us taxpayers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

RobertKK wrote: »
    Threats of court action will frighten a lot.
    Force the nation with threats into complying to enrich Enda's friends - the fat cats of Irish water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

No way am I paying. Nobody wants it. Democracy in action. Its gotten so bad that its no longer a case of ''wont pay'' , its a case of ''cant pay''

People feel like they are under siege,afraid to flush the toilet and going backwards to a time of scarcity decades ago when the whole family would jump into the bathtub one after the other until the water was black.

People who wish to force water charges upon others are no democrats.

Little off topic but that's where 'don't throw the baby out with the bath water' came from. Someone explained its origin to me a while back along with 'they're blowing smoke up your arse' :D Interesting stuff.

• Advertisement

You are an unnecessary waste of any money you are getting from us taxpayers.
    i get nothing from the tax payer, i'm a tax payer myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

just those who would have payed anyway. the rest who won't pay no matter what, no court action will stop them

I'd like to see who turns up if ''The Occupant'' gets summoned to court. Over a million of us :D

This is one unpopular move which will never be accepted by the Irish people.I hear them extremely angry about this everywhere I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I'd like to see who turns up if ''The Occupant'' gets summoned to court. Over a million of us :D

This is one unpopular move which will never be accepted by the Irish people.I hear them extremely angry about this everywhere I go.

The confidence the march has given those who didn't go is amazing...seriously think this will collapse the government now.

i get nothing from the tax payer, i'm a tax payer myself

Why do you pay tax? If people don't pay tax it's not the end of the world. It only affect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Force the nation with threats into complying to enrich Enda's friends - the fat cats of Irish water.

In truth, if the Special Criminal court is reinstated it should be fot Anglo & Friends,led by FF.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The confidence the march has given those who didn't go is amazing...seriously think this will collapse the government now.

Theres no doubt about it. Anyone who supports the forcing of water charges onto the population is not a democrat and is instead a tyrant. There is negligible support for water charges. The overwhelmingly popular opinion is for this water charge nonsense to be axed.

Theres no way the weasel words of the government can change that fact.

Why do you pay tax? If people don't pay tax it's not the end of the world. It only affect them.

people pay tax because of democracy. The democratic will of the people , overwhelmingly so is not to charge for water. if you wish to oppose the democratic will of the people then you are not a democrat and hence are not really worth debating with.

Theres no doubt about it. Anyone who supports the forcing of water charges onto the population is not a democrat and is instead a tyrant. There is negligible support for water charges. The overwhelmingly popular opinion is for this water charge nonsense to be axed.

Theres no way the weasel words of the government can change that fact.

It's nice to have another Spokesman for the People.

It's nice to have another Spokesman for the People.

Its horrible to see someone who is determined to ignore the will of the people

people pay tax because of democracy. The democratic will of the people , overwhelmingly so is not to charge for water. if you wish to oppose the democratic will of the people then you are not a democrat and hence are not really worth debating with.

I missed that general election.

Its horrible to see someone who is determined to ignore the will of the people

You will get over it.

I missed that general election.

You seem to be living as a recluse inside a cave. Oppose democracy all you want. You are responsible for your own reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I'm not being funny but how?

It would be interesting if issues like this could be brought to public referendum through a petition.

You seem to be living as a recluse inside a cave. Oppose democracy all you want. You are responsible for your own reputation.

You have just emerged from a Freeman indoctrination cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm not being funny but how?

Labour will pull the pin.

• Advertisement

what are the moderation rules of this forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

If the people of this Country give in and start paying for water beccause of being blackmailed, bullied and bribed with their own money in the guise of a one hundred Euro Tax Credit/Allowance/Refund then they are Dumber than Dumb.

That one hundred Euro is Fine Gael and Fianna Fail giving the Irish people the middle finger and indicating that you are stuck with the charges under their regime
    and that they will stay steadfast on their decision to rip you off and bleed you dry again.
    They have never represented the people only the EU and Private Companies and lied through their teeth and fooled all of the gullible idiots that voted for them.

Grow a spine and a set of balls, protest, refuse to pay and never vote again for Fine Gael, Labour or Fianna Fail as they are all in cahoots and they have the same corrupt agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Labour will pull the pin.

It's possible. It would help save Labor seats imo. But the Labor leaders are probably betting on a recovery before the next general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Rules?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you had of been outside the GPO on Saturday afternoon, you would understand that the public have had enough of 'threats' and bullying tbh.

This will be FGs poll tax.

The people outside the GPO on Saturday don't represent the public so there is no way you can make that assertion. They are not elected - they represent nobody but themselves.

There are probably others who are against the charges, and many more who are ambivalent. I doubt there is anyone actively for them - nobody wants another bill but some people can see the reason behind it.

There's no point sitting here pretending that Saturday is proof that the public have had enough.

You have just emerged from a Freeman indoctrination cave.

You have no valid counter argument. You are grasping at straws now. You oppose democracy if you support forcing water charges upon the population. That is a simple fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

FREETV wrote: »
    If the people of this Country give in and start paying for water beccause of being blackmailed, bullied and bribed with their own money in the guise of a Tax Refund then they are Dumber than Dumb.

Grow a spine and a set of balls, protest refuse to pay and never vote again for Fine Gael, Labour or Fianna Fail as they are all in cahoots and they have the same corrupt agendas.

It's almost something like from the history books. From medieval times where people were forced into paying their monies to the high kings.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Rules?

You know what happens on forums everywhere. X states valid view , Y responds with thinly veiled insult. X responds with smarter sounding insult. Mod steps in and sends both to jail. Then X is left feeling stupid for feeding the troll. That kind of thing. I'd rather leave troll hunting to the pros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You have no valid counter argument. You are grasping at straws now. You oppose democracy if you support forcing water charges upon the population. That is a simple fact.

The government implementing these charges were democratically elected into the government, by the people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement