Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Unfortunatley there's always been a minority who are willing to parasite off the rest of society - or at least willing to claim they will.

The only parasites are the wealthy bankers and builders whose profligacy has resulted in these myriad of taxes and charges.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Don't forget the bondholders Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

You will, a trickle of water. 10 minutes to fill a kettle, Forget bath/shower.

I can leave the tap running and fill the bath or something, I can improvise.
    Denis O'Brien is wealthy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

The only parasites are the wealthy bankers and builders whose profligacy has resulted in these myriad of taxes and charges.

Sure.

You just keep telling yourself that.

Damn bankers and builders!

Hey don't forget about those crooked politicians either - or those fcuking bondholders - why I'd like to burn them!

Burn Them!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Rabble Rabble Rabble :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I can leave the tap running and fill the bath or something, I can improvise.
    Denis O'Brien is wealthy enough.

8 hours to fill a bath, Good luck with that. I suppose if you want to you could get by on 1 or 2 cold baths a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

turn on the tap, Timberrr said I will still have water
    :)

Yes you will have a restricted supply so after you flush the toilet in the morning what will you do for water for the rest of the day?:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Han534

Its a discrace

pc7 wrote: »

Sure once people provide them with their PPSN they will be able to avoid any such issues in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

You will, a trickle of water. 10 minutes to fill a kettle, Forget bath/shower.

In some estates in Cork + Dublin today the water meter installers had to withdraw from the area due to people blocking the water meters being installed, now if they re having trouble trying to install water meters imagine the trouble Irish water will have when try to restrict water supply.

geeksauce wrote: »
    Yes you will have a restricted supply so after you flush the toilet in the morning what will you do for water for the rest of the day?:)

He could drink own urine.
    He'd be killing two birds with the one stone.

S.O wrote: »
    In some estates in Cork + Dublin today the water meter installers had to withdraw from the area due to people blocking the water meters being installed, now if they re having trouble trying to install water meters imagine the trouble Irish water will have when try to restrict water supply.

Yet meters will still get installed, How will they stop IW from limiting/restricting the supply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

8 hours to fill a bath, Good luck with that. I suppose if you want to you could get by on 1 or 2 cold baths a week.

Maybe he lives in an apartment, maybe an estate yet to be metered.

How will they reduce the water supply if this is the case?

Btw, isn't it something like 3/4 of Irish homes that won't be metered by the time billing starts?

Wonder what they'd do if 75% of the people just refused to engage with them.

Btw, isn't it something like 3/4 of Irish homes that won't be metered by the time billing starts?

Maybe he does, I haven't asked and he never offered that information. They said the same about the property tax, 75% of people refuse sure they can't jail us all :rolleyes:

Never going to happen, heard the same thing about the HHC and LPT, wonder what would happen if we all just decided not to pay nonsense and yet the vast majority (including the keyboard warriors) of people pay their bills no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

and the lazy bastards that never worked a day in their life and those that expect that just because they can spread their legs and pop out a sprog are somehow entitled to a free house. lets not forget those parasites

Yet meters will still get installed, How will they stop IW from limiting/restricting the supply?

The same way they re stopping water meters being installed, when people are parking their over the water shores and standing on the footpath in numbers preventing installation of water meter, Irish water will face the same and more when they send in their henchmen to do their dirty work.

Maybe he does, I haven't asked and he never offered that information. They said the same about the property tax, 75% of people refuse sure they can't jail us all :rolleyes:

So what the 8hr bath filling all about?

There's a 75% chance he isn't metered. How will they restrict his pressure.

There's no shame in saying you don't know, if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

pc7 wrote: »

how can it affect 6.329 people :confused:

• Advertisement

The same way they re stopping water meters being installed, when people are parking their over the water shores and standing on the footpath in numbers preventing installation of water meter, Irish water will face the same and more when they send in their henchmen to do their dirty work.

Made me honestly lol :D

So what the 8hr bath filling all about?

There's a 75% chance he isn't metered. How will they restrict his pressure.

There's no shame in saying you don't know, if you don't.

If he isn't metered then he will be fine ..... for now

One of the main reasons people paid paid the property tax was the powers of the revenue, if you don,t pay its taken at source or no tax clearance cert you can,t work, the water charges is different to the property tax is the sense Irish water don,t have the power to deduct from source or to deny tax clearance certs.

, Irish water will face the same and more when they send in their henchmen to do their dirty work.

They call him Mr Boombastic,
    Say he's fantastic,
    Touch him in the back and say he's Mr Ro...............
    mantic.

One of the main reasons people paid paid the property tax was the powers of the revenue, if you don,t pay its taken at source or no tax clearance cert you can,t work, the water charges is different to the property tax is the sense Irish water don,t have the power to deduct from source or to deny tax clearance certs.

No they will just reduce your water supply to the bare minimum.

Repeatedly sayin this over and over without explaining how they’ll do it is making me think you're talking a load of nonsense tbh.

Im not on the water meter yet, as aren,t a lot of others if people in numbers refuse to engage them they won,t have the manpower nor the resources to reduce water supply to a big per % of people, and as i said if they re having trouble fitting water meters they will have a lot more trouble trying to restrict water supplies, some would do well to remember what happened to water workers in the previous anti water charges campaign when they tried to cut off water and they got surrounded and trapped in the van for hours, they didn,t try enter the same areas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

They will just send you an estimated bill with no free allowance. Then when you refuse to pay they will take you to court.

Im not on the water meter yet, as aren,t a lot of others if people in numbers refuse to engage them they won,t have the manpower nor the resources to reduce water supply to a big per % of people, and as i said if they re having trouble fitting water meters they will have a lot more trouble trying to restrict water supplies, some would do well to remember what happened to water workers in the previous anti water charges campaign when they tried to cut off water and they got surrounded and trapped in the van for hours, they didn,t try enter the same areas again.

Ah yes you mean the bullyboy scare tactics used against normal family men trying to do a days work , how proud you must be of them, the fact many of the protesters are not even from the areas they are protesting in probably escapes you.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    They will just send you an estimated bill with no free allowance. Then when you refuse to pay they will take you to court.

Well with no contact details (can you summons 'the occupier' to a court? ) no meter to give definitive proof of how much was used , or how little (for a defence), and without someone consenting on the information pack (aka contract).....

What you envisage/suggest will be a million miles away from easy or straightforward in reality.

But I've been wrong in the past I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement