Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

The government strategy of trying to defuse the IW crisis is ongoing.
    What they need to do now is;
    Give a cast iron declaration that water will not be privatised.
    Somehow spread the net to include the 12% of people missed out in the budget.
    Scrap the the so called "bonus" proposals.
    Sack that muttoner Tierney.

Oh, and most important of all.... pray for 8 degrees celsius, a biting wind and driving rain on the day of the mext march. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

A reversal of the 1997 to 2007 trend when Bertie achieved three in a row and became the second longest serving Taoiseach after Dev. That was the time when the multitudes should have been out on the streets protesting against the policies which were destroying the economy.

It was the time,few took heed.

Emotional blackmail goes a long way.

The need to get on the p ladder.

Bring up your kids.

Big car,big house,big ego.

Debt...no problem

Now what do we get?

Enda Kenny,thats who.

A croney by any other name.Who does not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend right from right.

Kenny like Aherne,needs to be held accountable,morally and financially.

Instead, a big fat pension,and a jobs for the boys offer awaits.

While the homeless sleep in despair.

Digrace

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

gladrags wrote: »

Bring up your kids.

Debt...no problem

Now what do we get?

Enda Kenny,thats who.

A croney by any other name.Who does not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend right from right.

Digrace

I'm glad Irish Steve does not using double spacing

Otherwise

He would need a whole page

for every post

I digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

interesting week for IW

thought it was revealing that Howlin said on pat kenny show "nobody has told him IW is a bad idea". really no-one? this guy obviously does live in an ivory tower. and never leaves it.

IW girl on rte drivetime tonight has no idea what percentage of people has registered. seriously? the only reason they dont know this is because they dont want to know, therefore she isnt lying when she says she doesnt know. after the millions spent on IT they should know.

RTE presenter said there was 100,000 people on the protest on saurday. maybe thats why no-one wanted to release the figures. people will start to get a lift when the realise the scale of the opposition.

bonuses apparently are performance related,only paid if you pass the criteria. now we all know how this had played out before. id love to know what percentage of staff received their bonuses. although i fear figures may not be forthcoming, they are bad with the auld numbers in there.

and not to mention that ridiculous tweet released yesterday about landlords being liable for tenants debts.

yep its a disaster. what a ****ing week for IW.

Otherwise

for every post

I digress.

To everyone their own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Otherwise

for every post

I digress.

Well....................

If you push me

I can use treble spacing if you like,

But it will get a bit (more) boring

And be even harder to read and get some meaning out of it.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Well....................

If you push me

I can use treble spacing if you like,

But it will get a bit (more) boring

And be even harder to read and get some meaning out of it.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

A lot to be said for empty space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

irishfeen wrote: »
    This weeks budget was very well received among the vast majority - people can try say it wasn't but among the vast majority it was and the extra sweetener on water charges was politically very clever.

And on what do you base this postulate?

The horse has already bolted. People have made up their mind and have no more to give.

Myself for one.

A lot to be said for empty space.

Feels a little that way between my ears right now,

perhaps I've been trying too hard to make sense of the IW scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Endas days are numbered.

Very good Banjo - your weekly prediction of the demise of the government delivered again on time for the 150th time.

• Advertisement

Feels a little that way between my ears right now,

perhaps I've been trying too hard to make sense of the IW scene.

It is always good to express yourself.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

So how many days has he left? I have waited for Enda's demise as predicted here since 2011. It's like waiting for the end of the world when the End Times loonies get going.
    Phoebas wrote: »
    Very good Banjo - your weekly prediction of the demise of the government delivered again on time for the 150th time.

Rest of the post must have been spot on though, seeing as his you didn't correct it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Bring up your kids.

Debt...no problem

Now what do we get?

Enda Kenny,thats who.

Digrace

Are you going to enter that for the Ballymakilty prose fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And on what do you base this postulate?

The horse has already bolted. People have made up their mind and have no more to give.

Myself for one.

And when they give more back next year what will everyone say?

Are you going to enter that for the Ballymakilty prose fest?

Whats the closing date?

Ànd whats the first prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

VinLieger wrote: »

"How the hell did these gombeen fcukpots make it to another budget":confused:

VinLieger wrote: »

Stop fooling yourself.

You do not know what will happen next year,yet alone claim that they will " give more back".

You could say that they will or will not be in power,thats about all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Stop fooling yourself.

You do not know what will happen next year,yet alone claim that they will " give more back".

You could say that they will or will not be in power,thats about all.

I'm very risk averse but I would happily put a grand on the probability of the government making it to next election.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm very risk averse but I would happily put a grand on the probability of the government making it to next election.

well yeah...same as FF/greens. hang on till the bitter end. sure as feck dont want to face the electorate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

emo72 wrote: »
    and not to mention that ridiculous tweet released yesterday about landlords being liable for tenants debts.

yep its a disaster. what a ****ing week for IW.

That tweet was 'incomplete' to quote IW head of communications, it was not incorrect it was 'incomplete'.

Between 'performance awards' and 'positive customer experience' I feel a game of bullsh×t bingo is in order !

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

And if the next budget is not stuffed full of all sorts of "incentives" (bribes) to help win the next election, I will be very surprised indeed.

What's really depressing is that so many people will be suckered in by this short term short sighted bribery, rather than looking very closely at the real policies and intentions of the parties and voting accordingly. We've seen the results of this sort of chicanery, FF employed it so effectively to keep getting re elected, until the bubble burst so fundamentally, there was no way back.

If SF had won the last election, they'd have had to do pretty much what FG/Labour have done for the last few years, as the path was pretty much cast in stone by the IMF/Troika, with very little wriggle room, regardless of party policies, but that phase is now over, and the next election will be critical for the ongoing recovery, there's very little real space for extravagance, the deficit is still way too large, and not yet under control, but that won't stop all manner of nebulous promises being either made or given, in order to try and change public opinion.

What's really needed is for the parties to really engage with the people so that the real picture is clear, and for those same parties to put their houses in order to regain the trust and respect of the people, which they've well and truly lost at this stage, with the fiasco that is Irish Water being the latest and best fcuk up of them all.

There's every chance that there will be yet more banana skins to cause them to slip and slide around the place, it's become embarrassingly clear that the leadership is so out of touch and out of control that almost anything could happen, the latest IW revelations about how they are really operating (or not, depending on your point of view) has not yet really had chance to develop properly. What is clear is that there are so many fundamental flaws in how IW has been structured and operated, it's a wonder than any of their systems are actually working at all.

What is also becoming clear is that there are a lot of people watching very carefully, and IW will not be allowed to get away with doing things unchallenged. That can only be good, as we can't rely on the politicians or the regulator to be on the case

Infoanon wrote: »
    That tweet was 'incomplete' to quote IW head of communications, it was not incorrect it was 'incomplete'.

Between 'performance awards' and 'positive customer experience' I feel a game of bullsh×t bingo is in order !

you know how it works....never ever ever admit you are wrong, even when you majorly **** up. tierney should resign. he is presiding over a shambles. wont make things better, we just shouldnt be rewarding failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Did they really say that? 'That tweet was incomplete'...that has to be a classic. In the 'I didn't inhale' mould. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Did they really say that? 'That tweet was incomplete'...that has to be a classic. In the 'I didn't inhale' mould. :D

There is more information on the IW site. They say more details to follow.

http://www.water.ie/news/clarification-on-responsi-1/

Happyman42 wrote: »

yeah "Incomplete" you couldn't make this **** up.

id say the "communication consultants" put that tweet out trying to let landlords know that we will come after you if the tenants dont pay. then obvious media mayhem ensued, eventually someone in there copped that was illegal. "how are we gonna get out of this lads? will we just say we got it wrong? will we **** NOT INCORRECT. INCOMPLETE!" that guy earned his performance bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

They are getting worried that people are not going to pay and the indo is saying that they are extending the deadline for giving them your details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Am I reading this right on RTE, Meath County Council have wrote letters to people saying they will be turfed out if they don't sign up to Irish Water ?

What if they don't want the water? Will Meath County Council now have the right to turf people out if they don't sign up to Sky Digital, Meteor, Eircom or UPC or shop in Aldi or Lidl for there groceries.

Just to add in on this as a Motorist that pays for use of the road network. The network is so ****ed I most of the time use my bike as it is quicker, I only ever use a car for bulky operations. Mind you I pay a lot of money into the road network. Car Tax, Fuel, NCT, Insurance. Sure look at the state of the road network, imagine the same principles for water in a few years? Tax on what how much more water you use, tax on how efficient your house is at using water.

In fact just look at how good any government has been at handling our money. Still no one has got a prison sentence over wrecking the banking system that caused this mess, not one bond holder has felt as much pain as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TallGlass wrote: »
    Am I reading this right on RTE, Meath County Council have wrote letters to people saying they will be turfed out if they don't sign up to Irish Water ?

What if they don't want the water? Will Meath County Council now have the right to turf people out if they don't sign up to Sky Digital, Meteor, Eircom or UPC or shop in Aldi or Lidl for there groceries.

Ridiculous analogy, the tenants have signed up to those services in their own names, if they don't sign up for IW the landlords in this case Meath county council will be on the hook for any water they use per the IW pr cluster fvck yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

TallGlass wrote: »

Complete fearmongering.
    Many local authorities
    across the State have confirmed they will not intervene to ensure their tenants sign up with or pay their bills to Irish Water.
    However, other local authorities said tenants’ registration with Irish Water and water bills were matters for Irish Water and the customer.
    Cork City Council said: “Domestic billing of customers is a matter for Irish Water.”

Dublin City Council said: “The responsibility for registering and paying for water is a matter between Irish Water and their customers. Non-payment of water charges, therefore, does not put their tenancy in jeopardy.”

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council said: “Irish Water are providing the service and any issues regarding the payment of the charges is between them and the tenant.” Fingal County Council said: “No, we will not be writing to them [tenants] and no, we are not responsible if they don’t pay.”

South Dublin County Council said: “The occupiers of rented properties are responsible for the payment of the water charges.” Galway City Council said paying bills was the tenants’ responsibility.

www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/councils-to-sit-out-tenants-billing-disputes-with-irish-water-1.1966840

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

skimpydoo wrote: »
    They are getting worried that people are not going to pay and the indo is saying that they are extending the deadline for giving them your details.

Extending the deadline is correct! My neighbor told me yesterday IW sent out the information pack to her dead father FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement