Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

listermint wrote: »
    Excuse me if this was posted already,

But it now appears the level of bonuses has been leaked thanks to some detective work by John Burke

RTE finally taking notice

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1019/653388-irish-water/

9% award for 'needs improvement'

Is this the type of crap we are paying for ?!?

https://twitter.com/JohnBurkeRTE/status/523832897372172289/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0UHPQ9IMAAHH2R.jpg:large

And so I ask again. How can anyone be okay with paying this charge?

It'a a pure scam. It's so obvious, it's painful!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wurly wrote: »

ill informed people all over the place. Only for social media this whole thing would never have gotten traction.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Macavity. wrote: »
    Thank god for the group water scheme! :pac:

The amount of public money which your group is getting may be reduced.

http://www.environ.ie/en/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,37945,en.pdf

16. What will happen to households on a group water scheme?
    The current subvention of group water schemes will be adjusted to align subvention with the free
    allowance approach towards households on public water supplies to ensure households in this
    sector receive equivalent support, while allowing for any transitional issues, to sustain
    improvements in quality in the group water sector. The Department of the Environment, Community
    and Local Government will consult with the National Federation of Group Water Schemes on
    arrangements for the group water sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billy111

Were we expecting anything else that this news. Back in the real world if you get a needs improving rating you are probably put on a performance improvement plan with an improvement needed or your out. Oh but not in irish water. 9% 'bonus' total joke this is. Utter madness.

Thank got for resources like this so that we can share information.

It angers me how many lies are told via every information source.

When the powers that govern you make you afraid, something is very wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lol.

A lot of people in the 'undecided' category, will perhaps be swayed now after reading that shyte.

If I got a 'needs improvement' bonus from my work, it would Prob be in the form of customers telling me to get to fcuk and talking to my competitors.

Luckily for Irish Water, they won't have that to worry about (competitors)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The current subvention of group water schemes will be adjusted to align subvention with the free
    allowance approach towards households on public water supplies to ensure households in this
    sector receive equivalent support, while allowing for any transitional issues, to sustain
    improvements in quality in the group water sector. The Department of the Environment, Community
    and Local Government will consult with the National Federation of Group Water Schemes on

Do you work for Revenue?

Do you work for Revenue?

What does it matter where he works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well there's not much point in arguing with someone when their minds won't be changed due to vested interests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mikom wrote: »

They would vote for whoever gave them the most feed in October. No need to mention Christmas, it will be a soft landing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

They would vote for whoever gave them the most feed in October. No need to mention Christmas, it will be a soft landing.

Christmas a busy time in the state-owned post office......... is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Well there's not much point in arguing with someone when their minds won't be changed due to vested interests.

Does everyone not have a vested interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

mikom wrote: »

Surely the same could be said of both sides. Do you not have a vested financial interest in not paying charges? In fact you have more of an interest because someone who works for revenue doesn't benefit from water charges in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Everyone has not got a vested interest, believe it or not.

Some want social justice, a country where the demi gods are dead and gone.

A country where being in power does not grant you the right to cheat, lie and rob the vulnerable. A right to feather your own nest while people are dying on trollies. Where being in power means you take bribes. A country where from the bottom feeders in your political party all the way to the top are rank with corruption, self indulgence and self entitlement. A country where you are not able to invent a company like Irish Water and then seat your buddies on the board and give out contracts to people named as bribers in tribunals.

tldr: just take your corrupt pensions and along with the bribes it should be enough for you to crawl back under your rocks and leave decent people in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Don't you just love these crowds?

So before IW was "invented", the allowances for householders on a GWS waswas considered fair.
    But now it's not all of a sudden? ???

GWS are generally run by farmers and are a side line to the operation of their main income.
    These people who run GWS are also considered " as private individuals".
    So what that basically means is that if there is any issue/problem with your GWS water/ service, you are basically fecked as you must take them to court as private citizens.
    Except the GWS has a hell of a lot more money than the average person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

This thread has be come quiet ... Maybe cause it's Sunday night/ Monday morning blues.
    I'm interested in what the views are of the pro Irish water guys on here after hearing the latest "try harder" bonuses that were leaked . Do you now think this is all a bit rich ? As I have stated before I'm sitting on the fence with all this but the latest bonus story is making me hold off giving them my details. They come across as a load of suits in a meeting room trying to screw every last penny from people to line their own pockets !!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

hawkelady wrote: »
    This thread has be come quiet ... Maybe cause it's Sunday night/ Monday morning blues.
    I'm interested in what the views are of the pro Irish water guys on here after hearing the latest "try harder" bonuses that were leaked . Do you now think this is all a bit rich ? As I have stated before I'm sitting on the fence with all this but the latest bonus story is making me hold off giving them my details. They come across as a load of suits in a meeting room trying to screw every last penny from people to line their own pockets !!

This is not surprising at all really, I am just surprised and delighted that we are finding it out now rather than 10 years down the road like normal.
    If you decide to pay Irish Water just remember you are not paying for “water” you are paying high wages, pointless bonus, massive pensions, operation cost, more staff then required, incompetence, meter insulation and meters. Very little of our extra cash would go towards “water”. In general taxation, we currently pay 1.2B for water will go and pay our bankers nations debt.
    I we gladly pay for the water I use. But I will not pay for the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

iainBB wrote: »
    This is not surprising at all really, I am just surprised and delighted that we are finding it out now rather than 10 years down the road like normal.
    If you decide to pay Irish Water just remember you are not paying for “water” you are paying high wages, pointless bonus, massive pensions, operation cost, more staff then required, incompetence, meter insulation and meters. Very little of our extra cash would go towards “water”. In general taxation, we currently pay 1.2B for water will go and pay our bankers nations debt.
    I we gladly pay for the water I use. But I will not pay for the above.

No problems paying for Water, Wont pay for Iri$h Wat€r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

In principal I am in favour of water charges. However I am not in favour of creating another quango or bloated and wasteful public service organisation. The bonus nonsense sickens me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

My drive is blocked for at least today if not tomorrow aswell, wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

In principal I am in favour of water charges. However I am not in favour of creating another quango or bloated and wasteful public service organisation. The bonus nonsense sickens me.

Many would agree, unfortunately not FG they seem to think privatisation of public services is the best way forward for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The details of the bonus system will leave many people struggling to make ends meet sick I'd imagine.

Wondering why we are being expected to pay among the highest prices of water in the EU?

The answer is we're not. We're expected to pay for incompetence, overstaffing, and the self-entitled bonus culture. When all that's paid for then some of the cash will go on water.

The leaking of these payments will surely give many more the reason needed to get on the streets on Nov 1st.

Nice to see some of the lads that seemed to support this quango start to slowly open their eyes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

geeksauce wrote: »
    Many would agree, unfortunately not FG they seem to think privatisation of public services is the best way forward for whatever reason.

FG have signed their own death warrant if you ask me. People won't forget this come 2016. It'll be interesting to see what way the poll on this thread swings from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

My point

Company must to be split -
    Water mining and treatment and meters to measure how many cleand a quality water was supplied to the Irish Water

Irish Water to be responsible for the water delivery and pipes/leaks etc. Irish Water can use a meters to calculate the amount of water supplied to customers and charge for that. If there are bad pipes and water leakage before it came to customers? at cost to the Irish Water.

Customers should have easy access to reed the meters and a tap access after the meter to cut water off if they see something not right? day meter ticking but no visible water usage at their property. Tap should be at the entry to the house or apartment and repars should be carried by the IW and not paid by customers/ Customers pay repairs inside their properties only. It is a noncence to put a water meter on the road far away from the property and not to be responsible for anything after the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No matter what side of the fence one comes down, or whether you're on the fence, regarding paying for water, one thing, I think, that everyone who's reasonable could agree on, is that Irish Water stinks to high heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭Daith

Tony EH wrote: »
    No matter what side of the fence one comes down, or whether you're on the fence, regarding paying for water, one thing, I think, that everyone who's reasonable could agree on, is that Irish Water stinks to high heaven.

No. They have a taxpayer funded gym! I'm sure they have showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 hiFidelity

Tony EH wrote: »

here here

/thread

/FG & IW

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Those Sierra lads must really love their jobs ...
    Irish Water has been slammed for putting a water meter outside a ‘fake’ house in Co Donegal.

The derelict house, which has been boarded up for many years, is located on Ballybofey’s Main St. The local Tidy Towns Association even painted fake curtains, plant pots, and windows on the building.

However, that didn’t stop contractors from GMC Sierra from installing a water meter at the house last week.

Two workmen spent two hours fitting the meter and installing a cap.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Those Sierra lads must really love their jobs ...

:rolleyes:

If its still a valid property on local authority records, what is the issue?

Just because its unused now, doesn't mean it will remain so forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement