Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Phoebas wrote: »
    No. Really - show me the "Commissions plans to privatise water" in Ireland - the one that a few posts ago you said I was ignoring.

Post it up there so we can all have a good read of it.
    im strictly on the anti-privatisation/anti-IW side here but ive not seen any actual plans either, so i'd like a link for this too if you can find it Satriale

You should have just read the links lads.

http://documents.foodandwaterwatch.org/doc/FoodWaterEuropeWaterPrivatization17Oct2012.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It's hard to believe that IW haven't even began to trade yet, and their already giving bonuses. Taxpayers are footing these bonuses and should be outraged.
    Unfortunately it seems that IW employees will get their bonuses because the Irish taxpayer doesn't seem to care much about anything any-more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And thats from January this year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

It's hard to believe that IW haven't even began to trade yet, and their already giving bonuses. Taxpayers are footing these bonuses and should be outraged.
    Unfortunately it seems that IW employees will get their bonuses because the Irish taxpayer doesn't seem to care much about anything any-more.

did you not see the crowds in dublin on oct 11th? did you not hear about the protests planned for all 26 counties on Nov 1st? Irish Water are so screwed i'd grab the popcorn if i was you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

did you not see the crowds in dublin on oct 11th? did you not hear about the protests planned for all 26 counties on Nov 1st? Irish Water are so screwed i'd grab the popcorn if i was you ;)

I did indeed. My point being is that a large proportion of Irish folk are too lazy to do anything. Will Irish water employees get their bonuses ? I hope not, but we'll see what happens soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Satriale wrote: »

Phoebas asked - show me the Commissions plans to privatise water in Ireland.

that document is signed off by greece, there's not one mention of ireland.

while i do agree with you that selling IW to private investors is mostly likely their endgame, that document doesnt do anything to prove it,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

But what has the company trading got to do with it.

Performance incentive is used the world over - it works.

Charging for water works.

Just all get on with it - like we did with LPT.

while i do agree with you that selling IW to private investors is mostly likely their endgame, that document doesnt do anything to prove it,

While that is a fair point, having read most of Phoebas comments on this matter i feel that they are deliberately trying to fumble the matter.

I would be more interested in legislation that protects it from privatisation rather than this nonsense about no party signing up for it.

Its pure and simple deflection and Phoebas is a master of it throughout the tread.

listermint wrote: »
    While that is a fair point, having read most of Phoebas comments on this matter i feel that they are deliberately trying to fumble the matter.

I would be more interested in legislation that protects it from privatisation rather than this nonsense about no party signing up for it.

Its pure and simple deflection and Phoebas is a master of it throughout the tread.

im aware. but offering the greek situation to judge our own against just gives them more ammo to say we're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

mikom wrote: »
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin

Don't do that in front of a mirror.

mikom wrote: »
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin
    Sinn Féin

Where are the bodies gerry! where are the bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I wonder how much this has riled up people, particularly those against the privation on Water:

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i phoned up IW today and said I hadnt received the pack in the post yet even though it had to be signed by end of october to get the 30,000 litre government allowance - very nice helpful woman answered phone. Sounds like my pack might have been delivered to the landlord of the house rather than to us who are renting his house. - said that because i phoned up and that didnt receive the pack there would be leeway if we didnt get to fill it out until after the closing date, and in fact she said there was such a backlog with some packs having to be sent out again that i might not even receive the pack until after the end of october, but not to worry that I wont loose the government allowance because i had phoned and let them know that i hadnt received the pack yet.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I wonder how much this has riled up people, particularly those against the privation on Water:

I think most people are aware of it.

But if these are the Ts&Cs of all BGE workers then what can we do?
    The trades unions would have worked hard for those bonuses, so I'd imagine the political left support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

i phoned up IW today and said I hadnt received the pack in the post yet even though it had to be signed by end of october to get the 30,000 litre government allowance - very nice helpful woman answered phone. Sounds like my pack might have been delivered to the landlord of the house rather than to us who are renting his house. - said that because i phoned up and that didnt receive the pack there would be leeway if we didnt get to fill it out until after the closing date, and in fact she said there was such a backlog with some packs having to be sent out again that i might not even receive the pack until after the end of october, but not to worry that I wont loose the government allowance because i had phoned and let them know that i hadnt received the pack yet.

They answered the phone!!!!!!!:eek:
    BONUS' ALL ROUND

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Ideally a constitutional amendment from the Constitutional Convention,is safer than legislation.

[url]Https://www.constitution.ie/[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MORE confusion!
    Irish Water says its system for paying bonuses to workers will not allow staff to increase their overall salary.

It said the system for performance-related pay means employees actually lose money if they don't perform at the highest level.

A spokeswoman for the company said the most senior managers in the company could lose up to 19% of their salary if they do not meet the highest standards.
    Middle-ranking workers could lose up to 9% of their salary, while the lowest-ranking workers could lose up to 4%.

WTF?? I've never seen a bonus/performance award measured like that .. you get your base salary and any bonus/increase is determined based on your performance over the year. If you fail to meet your objectives you go on a PIP which can result in dismissal if you still fail to meet the targets.

I've never seen anyone lose money as they're now suggesting they're working it??

Clear as mud (or the sludge that comes out of some people's taps) this!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    MORE confusion!

WTF?? I've never seen a bonus/performance award measured like that .. you get your base salary and any bonus/increase is determined based on your performance over the year. If you fail to meet your objectives you go on a PIP which can result in dismissal if you still fail to meet the targets.

I've never seen anyone lose money as they're now suggesting they're working it??

Sounds like they are running around in a severe panic at the moment. As you say that explanation is highly illogical.

One thing is very clear, whoever is in charge of their PR needs to be fired, if it's an outside agency they shouldn't be paid a penny. They are veering from PR disaster to PR disaster unabated at this stage.

No matter how good the news on the economy is going forward the longer this Irish Water disaster continues then the more Government TD's will loose their seats. It will be interesting to see if they finally see the writing on the wall and say no more. The Labour party are in extreme danger of a total wipeout at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭Daith

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    MORE confusion!

It reminds me of the tipping system here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

one question, i own my apartment where i am living at. we did not get a packet. do you know how they plan to deal with apartment blocks? do i need to fill out an application on line? there are no water meters installed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,955 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Big Phil Hogan left some mess behind him before he rode off to that big reward in Europe. The arrogant chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

Big Phil Hogan left some mess behind him before he rode off to that big reward in Europe. The arrogant chancer.

thats not a mess, its a big moxey for the usual suspects, they do not view it as a mess,

one question, i own my apartment where i am living at. we did not get a packet. do you know how they plan to deal with apartment blocks? do i need to fill out an application on line? there are no water meters installed yet.

You can still register online.
    You just pay the assessed charge when it issues in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

flutered wrote: »
    thats not a mess, its a big moxey for the usual suspects, they do not view it as a mess,

They all view it as a mess, despite it being a political football for many of them - something which didn't help anything and which went some way to achieving our current situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

That link says nothing about the "Commissions plans to privatise water in Ireland".

You're spoofing. You accused me of ignoring the Commission's plans to privatise water in Ireland and there are no such plans.

Fumble? Deflection? I'm looking for people to back up specific claims they make with actual evidence - Satriale was spoofing and was caught out spoofing.
    Now. That's deflection.

Why do you need a specific document with Irelands name on it? The whole name of the game is harmonization. They are hardly going to blackmail encourage a handful of countries into privatisation and not try to herd all the rest in at a later date.

Read my previous post Phoebas.
    I've seen people get sucked into your "show me this, show me that" deflection game, i doubt you are stupid enough to miss the big picture, so it couldnt be anything else.
    I aint playin!

Why do you need a specific document with Irelands name on it? The whole name of the game is harmonization. They are hardly going to blackmail encourage a handful of countries into privatisation and not try to herd all the rest in at a later date.

im on your side but you have to provide proof to say things like that. greece is a different country with a different deal than us.

we all have ideas on what could happen but that doesnt mean it 100% will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Why do you need a specific document with Irelands name on it?
    Because that's what you claimed to have earlier on today. When I asked you to produce it, you continued the pretence with this:
    I would, but i suspect you would then want to see a video of the Commission making the plan, accompanied by provenance of the video signed by JC Yunker.
    And now - caught out spoofing - you're backpeddling. It's no longer an actual plan, but some kind of a trend or just your imagined 'endgame' or 'the big picture'.
    I aint playin!
    You were playin' 'till you you caught cheatin'.
    Maybe in future you won't throw out dishonest accusations about me choosing to ignore stuff that doesn't even exist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement