Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Phoebas wrote: »
    You were playin' 'till you you caught cheatin'.
    Maybe in future you won't throw out dishonest accusations about me choosing to ignore stuff that doesn't even exist.

Yep, he must do better....
    Here, Satriale, have a 9% bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

im on your side but you have to provide proof to say things like that. greece is a different country with a different deal than us.

we all have ideas on what could happen but that doesnt mean it 100% will.

Read back DT, what i said, i provided proof for, Phoebas is moving the goalposts now asking about Ireland, and you are biting, i wont.

Pop an email off to the Commission and ask about Ireland specifically. Its not a secret AFAIK!

Because that's what you claimed to have earlier on today. When I asked you to produce it, you continued the pretence with this:

And now - caught out spoofing - you're backpeddling. It's no longer an actual plan, but some kind of a trend or just your imagined 'endgame' or 'the big picture'.

You were playin' 'till you you caught cheatin'.
    Maybe in future you won't throw out dishonest accusations about me choosing to ignore stuff that doesn't even exist.

lulz...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Satriale wrote: »
    Read back DT, what i said, i provided proof for, Phoebas is moving the goalposts now asking about Ireland, and you are biting, i wont.
    Are you really trying on that old bait and switch - when you were accusing me of ignoring commission plans to privatise water services you meant I was ignoring plans for Greece????
    And when we had this exchange, did you mean Northern Ireland? :rolleyes:

Show me the "Commissions plans to privatise water" in Ireland.

I would, but i suspect you would then want to see a video of the Commission making the plan, accompanied by provenance of the video signed by JC Yunker.
    So lets not waste both our times.;)

lulz...
    ^^ That level of debate suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

They answered the phone!!!!!!!:eek:
    BONUS' ALL ROUND

yep....... in the END! - it did take about 5 minutes and a message "we are experiencing large volumes of calls at the moment... " i asked lady was i being charged for the call she said yes but it was lo-call charge I said whats that then 12c/15c for the call to which she was apologetic and said "Im sorry i dont really know how much the call charge is to be honest, i only know its a lo-call number" - so there you are make of that what ye will.

Hope she got her bonus she was very polite if not talking 10 to the dozen like most Irish people do half the words i missed because she did talk too fast, but the bonus was at least I got an Irish lady and wasnt diverted to a call centre in outer pakistan with an Indian whereby we could not understand what each other was saying ... so thats a bonus. - Oh and she wished me a very pleasant day , which was nice - I did come of the phone happy I must say.... whether I will be as happy when my water bill of 600euro comes in, in January next, you can ask me again how happy I am with Irish Water and the government!

• Advertisement

^^ That level of debate suits you.

That level of debate is all you deserve. Sorry, but i dont have the time (or the inclination) to deal with all your innacuracies, so shuffle your deck elsewhere, someone will bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

yep....... in the END! - it did take about 5 minutes and a message "we are experiencing large volumes of calls at the moment... " i asked lady was i being charged for the call she said yes but it was lo-call charge I said whats that then 12c/15c for the call to which she was apologetic and said "Im sorry i dont really know how much the call charge is to be honest, i only know its a lo-call number" - so there you are make of that what ye will.

Hope she got her bonus she was very polite if not talking 10 to the dozen like most Irish people do half the words i missed because she did talk too fast, but the bonus was at least I got an Irish lady and wasnt diverted to a call centre in outer pakistan with an Indian whereby we could not understand what each other was saying ... so thats a bonus. - Oh and she wished me a very pleasant day , which was nice - I did come of the phone happy I must say.... whether I will be as happy when my water bill of 600euro comes in, in January next, you can ask me again how happy I am with Irish Water and the government!

Are there any protests in Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

gandalf wrote: »
    One thing is very clear, whoever is in charge of their PR needs to be fired, if it's an outside agency they shouldn't be paid a penny. .

NOBODY to do with Irish Water should be paid a penny. They've done fuck all, except set up a charging system and they've made a balls of that. They haven't even had the competence (or the honour) to even set up the meters in everyones house before fleecing them of their hard earned money.

They're going around acting like they've set up Ireland's entire water system from scratch.

The whole thing is an absolute joke and I really do hope to see it come crumbling down.

Paying for water is one thing. Paying these cunts is an entirely different thing altogether.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Now. That's deflection.

Deflection ?! Youve been the king and queen of deflection over this entire thread, so much that im of the firm opinion on two things. You work for Irish Water in some capacity or advise them, you work for FG in some capacity or advise them OR you are a staunch member of the FG youth wing.

How is it deflection when asking if parties are going to sell IW into private hands to look for firm reassurances that this will not happen in the future.

You're answer is..

FG have not said they will sell it into private hands, they've never said that. Its not in their party documentation.

WELL let me see erm, that is a complete reassurance. You'd be better of deflecting icebergs off the hull of the titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

i phoned up IW today and said I hadnt received the pack in the post yet even though it had to be signed by end of october to get the 30,000 litre government allowance - very nice helpful woman answered phone. Sounds like my pack might have been delivered to the landlord of the house rather than to us who are renting his house. - said that because i phoned up and that didnt receive the pack there would be leeway if we didnt get to fill it out until after the closing date, and in fact she said there was such a backlog with some packs having to be sent out again that i might not even receive the pack until after the end of october, but not to worry that I wont loose the government allowance because i had phoned and let them know that i hadnt received the pack yet.

Lucky you, I get the answering machine every single time. . .and email I sent last week is still unanswered.

You could be right regarding the pack going to the landlord, this was the case with a colleague (it actually went to the real estate agent, as the owner of the apartment lives out of the country).

I am also renting. It's interesting that last week (around the time of the reports that if the tennant doesn't pay, the landlord will have to), I got two reminders from the agent to register before the 31st October or I might lose my allowance.

In principle I don't mind paying (it won't be that much money-in the beginning at least). My concern (as many other I suppose) is how the system is setup/works. I am from Greece (public sector water company) and the water tends to be expensive (so I was always careful on how much water I spent), but some of the signs that IW show are same as back home, so I am a bit sceptical

I am mainly referring to this call fees-same applies back home. Fair enough if it is a leak in-house (though I would probably call a plumber) but I'll admit I never really understood why I have to pay for a company technician to come and see what's wrong with their piping system.

I won't even mention the "bonus" issue, this is beyond sad. . .both the bonuses and their excuses. . .

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    You work for Irish Water in some capacity or advise them, you work for FG in some capacity or advise them OR you are a staunch member of the FG youth wing.
    Well - that's an absolute pile of nonsense.
    listermint wrote: »

How is it deflection when asking if parties are going to sell IW into private hands to look for firm reassurances that this will not happen in the future.

You're answer is..

FG have not said they will sell it into private hands, they've never said that. Its not in their party documentation.

WELL let me see erm, that is a complete reassurance. You'd be better of deflecting icebergs off the hull of the titanic.

I didn't even attempt to provide reassurances about what might happen in the future. IW might be privatised - it might even be privatised by a future FG administration. Who knows?

All I said was that there is currently no FG policy to privatise IW whereas there is a SF privatisation policy. Some people get very uncomfortable attempting to confront this simple truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Still no correspondence from IW.

However, and this is the best bit...

I called over to my old house on Saturday afternoon to see was there any post. We moved about 3 months ago. 2 letters from IW...one had all the junk inside and my wife's old address on it. The other had the previous address on the front but the correspondence inside had our new address on it...WTF?

How the hell did it get addressed to the old address but had the new address on the inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mfceiling wrote: »

I called over to my old house on Saturday afternoon to see was there any post. We moved about 3 months ago. 2 letters from IW...one had all the junk inside and my wife's old address on it. The other had the previous address on the front but the correspondence inside had our new address on it...WTF?

How the hell did it get addressed to the old address but had the new address on the inside?

And thus onto my biggest concern, these idiots want your PPS number and they can't even get the basics right. Plus from reading their so called Data Protection Policy you are not even guaranteed that you data will reside within the EU.

I queried this with them 20 days ago and beyond the standard auto-acknowledgement email plus a 2nd email promising (9 days later!) a response from the appropriate people after I highlighted their 24 hour response commitment was bollix on Twitter nothing has been answered.

mfceiling wrote: »

Baffling.

Possible that the envelope address information came from a seperate and older source.

And the internal letter came from another,more updated source.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Well - that's an absolute pile of nonsense.

I didn't even attempt to provide reassurances about what might happen in the future. IW might be privatised - it might even be privatised by a future FG administration. Who knows?

All I said was that there is currently no FG policy to privatise IW whereas there is a SF privatisation policy. Some people get very uncomfortable attempting to confront this simple truth.

SINN FEIN have nothing to do with this.
    So feck off and start a separate thread with your obsession with SINN FEIN.

FINE GAEL started this shambles by employing FINE GAEL cronies and giving state contracts to an individual named as a BRIBER by Moriarity.

FINE GAEL are the ones who have cronies on the board of Irish Water.

ERGO it is FINE GAEL and not SINN FEIN who are due a good kick in the balls at the polls as a result of their CONTEMPT for the electorate.

Do you lot realise that every time you post crap like this you LOSE F.G votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Exactly 300 on our little poll now who are going to pay. 282 not going to pay.

Or you could say 418 opposed to water charges, 164 supporting. I'm afraid the undecideds wont swing it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Or you could say 418 opposed to water charges, 164 supporting. I'm afraid the undecideds wont swing it.:D

A poll on boards isn't that dependable, remember all them polls that had Sinn Fein as the most popular party in the country?

DX was always first to dismiss them. (on multiple occasions) ;)

Oh, and how many of those who are opposed but were still going to pay, had cast their vote before the recent bonus news broke?

Like the general election in 2011, Prob a lot of folk now want to change their minds.

cajonlardo wrote: »
    SINN FEIN have nothing to do with this.
    So feck off and start a separate thread with your obsession with SINN FEIN.
    Of course Sinn Fein have something to do with this. SF are the only major party offering a substantially different policy choice.
    A thread entitled ***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE*** seems to me to be a reasonable place to discuss the different policy options on offer.

I understand if some people don't want to engage in that discussion, but I do find it odd when people seem to get pissed off with even the idea of the discussion.
    cajonlardo wrote: »
    Do you lot realise that every time you post crap like this you LOSE F.G votes?
    I'm good with that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Of course Sinn Fein have something to do with this. SF are the only major party offering a substantially different policy choice.
    A thread entitled ***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE*** seems to me to be a reasonable place to discuss the different policy options on offer.

I understand if some people don't want to engage in that discussion, but I do find it odd when people seem to get pissed off with even the idea of the discussion.

I'm good with that. ;)

Grand.

You have baffled me completely now. I'll have a think about it and get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,955 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All I said was that there is currently no FG policy to privatise IW whereas there is a SF privatisation policy. Some people get very uncomfortable attempting to confront this simple truth.[/QUOTE]

That might well happen. This is Ireland after all.
    One crowd of cnuts gave away our oil and another crowd of cnuts will give away our water. Just wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Tony EH wrote: »
    NOBODY to do with Irish Water should be paid a penny. They've done fuck all, except set up a charging system and they've made a balls of that. They haven't even had the competence (or the honour) to even set up the meters in everyones house before fleecing them of their hard earned money.

They're going around acting like they've set up Ireland's entire water system from scratch.

The whole thing is an absolute joke and I really do hope to see it come crumbling down.

Paying for water is one thing. Paying these cunts is an entirely different thing altogether.

:mad:

At this stage I can see the whole thing being disbanded. I honestly know of two people in my company of about 60 people who have filled out and sent the forms back and everyone has been talking about it. If they had of sent out a standing charge of say a 100 euro a year and then gone out and actually fixed the water system and then installed the meters with a view to charging for use a few years down the line they could have gained traction.

They rightly f uc ked now though :pac:

Apparently there is a meeting tonight in government buildings about Irish Water.

Wonder what that could be about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

All signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

efb wrote: »
    All signed up

Well done.
    The government needs people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well done.
    The government needs people like you.

Paid up tax payer not a sponger.

efb wrote: »
    Paid up tax payer not a sponger.

That's your prerogative.

But, I think your using the term 'sponger' very loosely.

It's been rumored (yeah, rumored so who knows) that the reason the deadline is being pushed back is apparently because only 80k packs have been filled in properly.

If this is true (and I know it might not) the 'spongers' are most definitely in the majority, and the Govt are in serious difficulties.

Be helpful if Irish Water would just come out and say either way.

Prime time now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Apparently there is a meeting tonight in government buildings about Irish Water.

Wonder what that could be about?

Possibly the abolition of those now infamous bonuses,hard to see how they can extract their way out of that mess with the contractual obligations and all that.Changes in the composition of the board may also be afoot.There were radio reports that the members of the executive...John Tierney may be under pressure?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Possibly the abolition of those now infamous bonuses,hard to see how they can extract their way out of that mess with the contractual obligations and all that.Changes in the composition of the board may also be afoot.There were radio reports that the members of the executive...John Tierney may be under pressure?

If any bonuses are abolished, there should also be a reduction in the cost to the end user.

After all, the end user was all set to pay the bonus through the cost of his water.

Too good to be true? This is Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement