Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Its like a maths lesson in here, "If it takes a district judge 20 minutes to hear 12 water charge cases, how long will it take the same judge to hear 1,500,000 water charge cases"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Satriale wrote: »
    Its like a maths lesson in here, "If it takes a district judge 20 minutes to hear 12 water charge cases, how long will it take the same judge to hear 1,500,000 water charge cases"

Try this one.

If it takes a district judge 20 minutes to hand out 12 €200 fines, how many of the supposed 1,500,000 non-payers will suddenly decide to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Try this one.

If it takes a district judge 20 minutes to hand out 12 €200 fines, how many of the supposed 1,500,000 non-payers will suddenly decide to pay?

if it takes just 1 case to set precedent, how long before IW collapses in on itself?

we're all dealing with a lot of 'ifs' here on both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Try this one.

He still doesn't get it.

Fcuking NONE!

It was threats and intimidation that has left Irish Water in the predicament it now finds itself in. I'm afraid the gigs up IW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

He still doesn't get it.

Fcuking NONE!

It was threats and intimidation that has left Irish Water in the predicament it now finds itself in. I'm afraid the gigs up IW.

Game will be up for IW in the new year. Fate will be sealed on Nov 1st when the masses take to the streets. Lucky for some posters on this thread January and February is the best period of the year for recruitment.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

I posted the "spoiled return" post. I don't believe in freeman terms either. I'm sure loads of people will just not engage with iw. Which is the simplest course of action.

And okay if they start handing out fines, so what? What happens next? Don't pay it. Maybe you get put in jail for non payment of a fine. So what? The hassle and expense of processing that is much higher than the worth of the fine.

There is no spaces in prison for that type of "crime".

Is that all they have? Handing out fines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

My mother was never someone for doing something. She would sit back and say ah sure, and even she was a bit scared into signing up.

She's not into the internet, all her information is coming from RTE, the TV, and of course IW which is useless. But i've been telling her how it is. Its a private company forcing you to sign up. Its like Sky TV forcing people into contracts. For something that is already paid for through other forms of tax. At the end of day, its her house, its her decision.

I was sure she would be paying up for this extra charge, but no, she's taking a stand and she's even coming out on the 1st of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

The right to travel seems to be as ingrained as the right to water

Water is not ingrained as a right , it is the biological basis of all living organisms,including humans, and their survival.

Slight difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

There's something funny about the name O'Brien. Why do I hate it so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

emo72 wrote: »
    The hassle and expense of processing that is much higher than the worth of the fine.

The hassle and expense of them processing 1,000,000 households worth of fines is what will end them.

• Advertisement

Normally when I see someone going on about Goldman Sachs I think "ah no lads, that stuff belongs in conspiracy theory forums".

Then I found a document that they put out advising of massive future growth in water. They even point out of immediate growth in western Europe. Basically guiding all their wealthy clients to invest in water.

Maybe FG are being put under pressure to push it through. Beats me why they would put themselves through this otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

And okay if they start handing out fines, so what? What happens next? Don't pay it. Maybe you get put in jail for non payment of a fine. So what?

Oh Oh.

We've got an internet hardman here I think.

Normally when I see someone going on about Goldman Sachs I think "ah no lads, that stuff belongs in conspiracy theory forums".

Then I found a document that they put out advising of massive future growth in water. They even point out of immediate growth in western Europe. Basically guiding all their wealthy clients to invest in water.

Maybe FG are being put under pressure to push it through. Beats me why they would put themselves through this otherwise.

can you link to this? interested in reading it.

Oh Oh.

We've got an internet hardman here I think.

Haha, I can handle it. I have a friend who is a prison officer. He said he will make sure I get extra toast for breakfast!

I posted the "spoiled return" post. I don't believe in freeman terms either. I'm sure loads of people will just not engage with iw. Which is the simplest course of action.

And okay if they start handing out fines, so what? What happens next? Don't pay it. Maybe you get put in jail for non payment of a fine. So what? The hassle and expense of processing that is much higher than the worth of the fine.

Will they make us pay for our showers and Jacks in the Joy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

can you link to this? interested in reading it.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-new-water-barons-wall-street-mega-banks-are-buying-up-the-worlds-water/5383274

Lot of information out there on this.

cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

There's something funny about the name O'Brien. Why do I hate it so much?
    Maybe Denis and Eamon are cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

But where is DX today ? EFP ?

I mean like we are all 'scroungers' arent we ?

It is all getting more embarrassing for IW by the day. Looks like all your fluffed figures about people signing up are as bad as the figures about the last march that happened. 10,000 people you said no mandate you said.

Scroungers Lefties Shinners hippys crusties you said.

Appears that the Normal people have spoken, by normal i mean your neighbours, your colleagues your relatives. These are the people who refused to believe the ruse that was going on before us.

The scam has been exposed and the supporters are backing into the bushes.

Will they make us pay for our showers and Jacks in the Joy ?

FFS banjo I hope we don't end up sharing a cell. I snore like a bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS banjo I hope we don't end up sharing a cell. I snore like a bear.

At the rate of non-compliance they'll be stacking 40 to a cell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bugger I posted this in the Politics thread by accident!

Another Data Breach at IW!!

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-landlords-bank-details-1736719-Oct2014/
    DETAILS HAVE EMERGED of a fresh data protection breach at Irish Water.

The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner has confirmed ten cases whereby a customer of the utility had their bank account details send to their landlord in error.

Why are FG trying to throw John Tierney under a truck. Is it a case of "there, he is sacked, now is everyone happy? Will yous please stop protesting and pay now?"

Nope. That's not the issue at all Enda. If it has to be explained to you, I doubt you will ever understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

What an absolute omnishambles. I'm not paying these pricks a red cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

gandalf wrote: »
    Bugger I posted this in the Politics thread by accident!

Another Data Breach at IW!!

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-landlords-bank-details-1736719-Oct2014/

DETAILS HAVE EMERGED of a fresh data protection breach at Irish Water.

The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner has confirmed ten cases whereby a customer of the utility had their bank account details send to their landlord in error.

So glad I didn't give these clowns my personal data. :pac:

tallus wrote: »
    What an absolute omnishambles. I'm not paying these pricks a red cent.

That you Leo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

why is it idiotic?

explain why a majority (cause thats what it is at the moment, nobody can argue that right now) of people standing up against the possible corporate control of our rescources is idiotic?

ive stated clearly in this thread that i hve no issue paying a charge for water. my issues are with

A. the set up process and dealings with o'brien. the man is a cancer on our reputation.

B. the distinct possibility that IW (along with our PPS numbers) could be sold off to the highest bidder in the future. anyone that says it wont happen needs to look at the world news a little more. it can and IS happening at an alarming rate.

C. the billing system. how is it fair that a low paid single mother of 1 could end up paying the same amount as a single mother of 1 on 100,000 per annum. (thats an extreme case im using to highlight the madness of it)

It's idiotic because it's nonsense. You cannot remove yourself from under a law by saying you simply don't agree to it.
    Satriale wrote: »

Why would one judge hear them all?

Prison isn't really the issue. It's the effect of having a judgement against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

That you Leo?

You lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

and getting rid of the people who were put in charge of IW isn't the way to go either.
    the whole thing is wrong from beginning to end.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote: »
    You lost me.

I'm throwing in another FG famous gaff.....

http://www.thejournal.ie/not-another-red-cent/news/

"Not another red cent"

I dunno why, but I'm on a desktop atm, and it doesn't let me select emoticons, or I would hgave thrown in a few "pacs"!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement