Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

emo72 wrote: »
    Whoever is on the ballot paper minus FF/FG/labour. That's where votes will go.

So Sinn Fein who plan to privatise IW? Good plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

What happens when I don't register at my rental address? They chase the landlord?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

What happens when I don't register at my rental address? They chase the landlord?

I dont think the landlord can be held responsible for your bills, and if he gives them your pps number i think he may be in breach of data protection.

Write "Chance the Fapper" on the form for the craic and return it.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

So Sinn Fein who plan to privatise IW? Good plan.

Haha. Only 4 choices on the ballot paper in a general election. Have you ever voted?

Haha. Only 4 choices on the ballot paper in a general election. Have you ever voted?

So you're ruling out Sinn Fein too? Do you understand how our system works? It's controlled by political whip, for better or worse. If you want to vote for an independent or loony party because you think they will run the country well then thats fine. If you do it as some protest then you'd be better not voting. Fine Gael got in because of your kind of voting.

• Advertisement

So you're ruling out Sinn Fein too? Do you understand how our system works? It's controlled by political whip, for better or worse. If you want to vote for an independent or loony party because you think they will run the country well then thats fine. If you do it as some protest then you'd be better not voting. Fine Gael got in because of your kind of voting.

I voted in the local elections. Sdcc is my area.

A mixture of independents and smaller parties have control there. It works fine.

Basically the nightmare scenario of independents is not as disastrous as the supporters of the main parties would have is believe.

Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I voted in the local elections. Sdcc is my area.

A mixture of independents and smaller parties have control there. It works fine.

Basically the nightmare scenario of independents is not as disastrous as the supporters of the main parties would have is believe.

Don't worry about it.

Cos national level works just the same as a powerless local council.

Cos national level works just the same as a powerless local council.

Well we'll know soon enough. What are FG worried about anyway? They had this all worked out, a little bit of a "give back" in 2015 and roll on to an easy reelection. It's looking good.

Heeeyyyy.... Wait a minute are you guys trying to sidetrack me here? Independents, whips majority's and stuff? Is this the famous whataboutery distraction you guys use? Joe Higgins and shinners were even mentioned. I should have seen it coming.

Tierney will be sacked and everything will be fine. Don't worry lads. It's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Implying SF isn't a protest vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Welcome to the Terry Prone Communication clinic thread.
    Whataboutery distraction is the order of the day.

Did someone say Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Did someone say Sinn Fein?

Yes.
    Apparently they have a solution.
    But I'm not sure the people are any keener on privatisation compared to the current situation.

Satriale wrote: »
    I dont think the landlord can be responsible for your bills, and if he gives them your pps number i think he may be in breach of data protection.

Write "Chance the Fapper" on the form for the craic and return it.:pac::pac::pac:

My landlord doesn't have my PPS, and I'm not sending the form back to them at all.
    Landlord is lovely though, would rather not have them being chased for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

My landlord doesn't have my PPS, and I'm not sending the form back to them at all.

They wont be chased for it.

Al the landlord has to do is prove they are not living in the house/its rented out.

They wont be chased for it.

Al the landlord has to do is prove they are not living in the house/its rented out.

What if they haven't registered?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Implying SF isn't a protest vote.

They're quite adept at manipulating their target audience into believing in them.

Your pps isn't required to bill you.

They're quite adept at manipulating their target audience into believing in them.

But how do they know who I am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

But how do they know who I am?

denis has been watching you closely...

What if they haven't registered?

It isn't up to them to register a house they have rented out AFAIK.

Only the house in which they live in.

It isn't up to them to register a house they have rented out AFAIK.

Only the house in which they live in.

But with the PTRB?

denis has been watching you closely...

O'Brien command HQ

Architect_%26_neo.png

• Advertisement

They're quite adept at manipulating their target audience into believing in them..

Like FG so.

Who, not only were against an LPT in the pre election manifesto, but then later introduced one anyway, and went on to tell us more spoofs about where the money would be 100% ringfenced for.

(hint, it wasn't setting up Irish water and their mates)

I imagine a name would help though, because 'when all these court case come up', its gonna be fierce hard to summons an actual house (address only) or an 'occupier'.

I imagine a name would help though, because 'when all these court case come up', its gonna be fierce hard to summons an actual house (address only) or an 'occupier'.

"Don Incognito" will be Ireland's most wanted man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

O'Brien command HQ

Architect_%26_neo.png

I think you may find he moved here .

"Don Incognito" will be Ireland's most wanted man.

More wanted than 'Bill Posters' ???

Everywhere I seem to go I see pictures warning he will be prosecuted!

Like FG so.

Who, not only were against an LPT in the pre election manifesto, but then later introduced one anyway, and went on to tell us more spoofs about where the money would be 100% be ringfenced for.

Actually Fine Gael stated they would introduce water charges in their manifesto.

Sinn Fein on the other had have said they will privatize Irish water.

Actually Fine Gael stated they would introduce water charges in their manifesto.

Sinn Fein on the other had have said they will privatize Irish water.

Which is why I mentioned an LPT and didn't mention the water charge.

And if SF ever get into power and do a similar U-turn, I'll ridicule them.

Which is why I mentioned an LPT and didn't mention the water charge.

And if SF ever get into power and do a similar U-turn, I'll ridicule them.

Ok so you avoided mentioning water charges in the water charges thread and spoke exclusively on lpt because that suits your argument?

Ok.

Ok so you avoided mentioning water charges in the water charges thread and spoke exclusively on lpt because that suits your argument?

Ok.

Ok.

So if you bothered to read what I was responding to,

Like FG so.

Who, not only were against an LPT in the pre election manifesto, but then later introduced one anyway, and went on to tell us more spoofs about where the money would be 100% be ringfenced for.

It would be clear to all as to why you're choosing to pedantic, and not even try to defend the blatant lies, and blatant 'mismanagement' of money for the Local Property Tax , that was to be ring fenced for Local services.

It wasn't to be spent on setting up a quango.

(ok?)

So if you'd like to discuss that, lets play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

He obviously hasn't noticed that that's exactly where it comes from lol.

You would need to be pretty thick to miss what his point was. But sure let's just ignore the sentences before and after the falling from the sky comment because who needs context eh.

• Advertisement

Ok.

So if you bothered to read what I was responding to,

It would be clear to all as to why you're choosing to pedantic, and not even try to defend the blatant lies, and blatant 'mismanagement' of money for the Local Property Tax , that was to be ring fenced for Local services.

It wasn't to be spent on setting up a quango.

(ok?)

So if you'd like to discuss that, lets play.

You're going off on a tangent again. The post you quoted (that you were originally replying to) has nothing to do with lpt.

Someone says SF are adapt at manipulating their audience and you respond that FG are also manipulative. I agree btw but it's not really relevant.

Fact is FG have water charges in their manifesto while SF want to privatize it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement