Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    You're going off on a tangent again. The post you quoted (that you were originally replying to) has nothing to do with lpt.

Someone says SF are adapt at manipulating their audience and you respond that FG are also manipulative. I agree btw but it's not really relevant.

Fact is FG have water charges in their manifesto while SF want to privatize it.

When SF have water privatisation in a manifesto, get voted into Govt, then u-turn on it, your post will have some merit.

SF aren't in Govt, and didn't rip up their manifesto. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

When SF have water privatisation in a manifesto, get voted into Govt, then u-turn on it, your post will have some merit.

SF aren't in Govt, and didn't rip up their manifesto. Fact.
    FG had water charges in their manifesto.

**Cue topic change to lpt. An unrelated topic chosen only because it suits Banjo's argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Yes.
    Apparently they have a solution.
    But I'm not sure the people are any keener on privatisation compared to the current situation.

Sinn fein didn't say they would privatise water.

I was wondering why people were saying that. They said they would pay it out of general taxation they it always had done. I had a quick Google to see where they said it would be privatised.

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-water-charges-1691577-Sep2014/

Why they heck does every FG support bring SF into this. Seriously lads, try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Smidge wrote: »
    And Enda says that it is "outside of their power to do anything about the bonus paid within IW and it has nothing to do with him"

This will be the standard line when IW becomes fully privatised.

The likes of FG love the idea of privatising public services, because it takes the responsibility out of their hands. They will no longer lose votes because of their ineptitude and can palm off any public angst with a simple it's not our fault.

Get used to "...it has nothing to do with him."

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    FG had water charges in their manifesto.

**Cue topic change to lpt. An unrelated topic chosen only because it suits Banjo's argument.

Are you being serious here?

How is the lpt a 'change of topic' that only suits my argument :confused:

Did it escape your attention that it was entirely the funds from the LPT (that wasn't on their manifesto) that set up Irish Water (which was in the manifesto) even though the money raised from the LPT (that wasn't in the manifesto) was allegedly "ring-fenced" and being used 100%, for local services.

You reckon that's off topic though.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

everyone would do well to research the amount of water Goldman Sachs is buying up worldwide. including the privatised system in the southern half of england.

its what the IMF want, its what goldman (et all) wants and its what our government will give them if we dont stand up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

emo72 wrote: »
    Sinn fein didn't say they would privatise water.

I was wondering why people were saying that. They said they would pay it out of general taxation they it always had done. I had a quick Google to see where they said it would be privatised.

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-water-charges-1691577-Sep2014/

Why they heck does every FG support bring SF into this. Seriously lads, try harder.

It's on page 6 of the full statement you linked.
    Funding should be generated through mixed income of which the majority is through public subsidy from the Government, in addition to non-domestic charges, commercial borrowing and equity investment.

Unless you have another definition of equity investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Uisce bit of a mess alright.

Great. Suits me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

everyone would do well to research the amount of water Goldman Sachs is buying up worldwide. including the privatised system in the southern half of england.

its what the IMF want, its what goldman (et all) wants and its what our government will give them if we dont stand up now.

Wheres your proof that the government will give them that? Where's you proof that the IMF and Goldman Sachs have included Ireland in those plans? You dont want to be giving the yes side ammo with those kind of claims!!
    And not some blog! Signed documents from the IMF only please!!!

:p:pac::D ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-landlords-bank-details-1736719-Oct2014/

New scandal: 10 Irish Water customers had their bank details sent to their landlords

And you thought your PPS no was safe,

What a ****ing joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Satriale wrote: »
    Wheres your proof that the government will give them that? Where's you proof that the IMF and Goldman Sachs have included Ireland in those plans? You dont want to be giving the yes side ammo with those kind of claims!!
    And not some blog! Signed documents from the IMF only please!!!

:p:pac::D ;)

cmon, what ive said there is to research. someone pointed me in that direction earlier.

what you said yesterday was a specific that they were going to do.

i agree with you that they want it, i just didnt agree with you saying it was happening (here) with no proof (yet).

so :P

The clock is definitely ticking for Tierney now, Enda is expressing full confidence in him.

Irish Water: Enda Kenny insists he has full confidence in boss John Tierney
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/irish-water-enda-kenny-insists-4475383

Remember these lads...

Taoiseach has full confidence in Minister for Justice Alan Shatter
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/taoiseach-has-full-confidence-in-minister-for-justice-alan-shatter/

Taoiseach expresses confidence in Minister for Health Dr James Reilly
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/taoiseach-expresses-confidence-in-minister-for-health-dr-james-reilly-1.1845341

Taoiseach expresses confidence in Garda Commissioner
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/taoiseach-expresses-confidence-in-garda-commissioner-625019.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The clock is definitely ticking for Tierney now, Enda is expressing full confidence in him.

Might as well just hand Tierney a revolver & a bottle of whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Might as well just hand Tierney a revolver & a bottle of whiskey.

.... and a bonus.

mikom wrote: »
    .... and a bonus.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

hju6 wrote: »

New scandal: 10 Irish Water customers had their bank details sent to their landlords

What a ****ing joke

There must be a bonus payment for sending them.

9% for every 10 sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Irish Water: Enda Kenny insists he has full confidence in boss John Tierney
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/irish-water-enda-kenny-insists-4475383

Remember these lads...

Taoiseach has full confidence in Minister for Justice Alan Shatter
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/taoiseach-has-full-confidence-in-minister-for-justice-alan-shatter/

Taoiseach expresses confidence in Minister for Health Dr James Reilly
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/taoiseach-expresses-confidence-in-minister-for-health-dr-james-reilly-1.1845341

Taoiseach expresses confidence in Garda Commissioner
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/taoiseach-expresses-confidence-in-garda-commissioner-625019.html

Political suicide Enda you silly, silly man.

Delighted that 2/3rds of Irish homes havent returned their water scam packs.

Bye bye Irish water, the people have spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

hju6 wrote: »

What a ****ing joke

Hardly. It's 10 people whose details were accidentally released to the wrong person. No point trying to claim it's related to the claim that pps numbers will be sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Hardly. It's 10 people whose details were accidentally released to the wrong person. No point trying to claim it's related to the claim that pps numbers will be sold.

NEGLIGENTLY released.

As in, this company cannot be trusted with personal data.

:confused: Look at the quote again, he said "safe" not "sold".

cajonlardo wrote: »
    NEGLIGENTLY released.

As in, this company cannot be trusted with personal data.
    :confused: Look at the quote again, he said "safe" not "sold".

I know what he said. I also know what he was implying. At the end of the day, every company has had an issue like this at some stage. The data protection commissioner is satisfied that it has been remedied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A pair of tits............ and saggy ones at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I know what he said. I also know what he was implying. At the end of the day, every company has had an issue like this at some stage. The data protection commissioner is satisfied that it has been remedied.

No. Every company does not.

My company has NEVER breached data protection. And it isn't likely to. There are serious Disciplinary in Procedures in place to ensure this. And the directors weren't F.G shoe ins. In the real world that is how it works. Its called accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

You KNOW too much

So when has every company had issues like this?

Few links that you KNOW off would be a start

every company has had an issue like this at some stage.

mate, thats a fairly sweeping statement. you might need to be backing that up a wee bit.

its a a bad mistake, call it what it is, I certainly wouldnt be quick to defend as you been.

anyway my internet warrior shift is coming to an end now, the next crew is due in now to cover me. tiocfadh ar la lads:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Using the Football Manager model that means that Tierney will be gone by the end of the week :)

• Advertisement

Never said it wasn't a bad mistake. But it's one that was rectified very quickly. What data breaches would ye like examples of? Banks, Government departments, Utilities, Mobile networks, Credit Card companies, shops, online services? There all available fairly easily on google. Seemed for a while that laptops and memory keys full of customer information were going missing very regularly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement