Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Nah. I'm just not going to let logic be overuled by spectacle. I don't think this data breach is a major issue. As I already said, I'd be more concerned at where they get their occupier information from. But you glossed over that post because it didn't suit you to acknowledge it.

But fill your boots anyway. Ignore everyone who doesn't agree with you. You'll have an easier life.

Actually I don't support the current Irish Water setup. I support metering and charges and a national utility. I think Irish Water has been set up incorrectly but not because they let slip ten pieces of info or have a company gym. I try and look at the bigger picture.

Do you even pay tax's ? if you do you should be as outraged as every other Irish citizen, spending taxpaying citizens hard cash on their un-needed gyms, and also squandering/wasting millions of this money on consultant fees. How on earth can you even think of backing these scumbags 'IW' up ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

I will be writing an essay& report for college about water charges in Ireland, do you mind to send me any links or info if you know any written sources that I can benefit from ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

newbie13 wrote: »
    I will be writing an essay& report for college about water charges in Ireland, do you mind to send me any links or info if you know any written sources that I can benefit from ?

Thanks

Looks like it will be a long essay ,,, maybe you should file it as a comedy !!!
    Joking aside , good louck with your report ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Do you even pay tax's ? if you do you should be as outraged as every other Irish citizen, spending taxpaying citizens hard cash on their un-needed gyms, and also squandering/wasting millions of this money on consultant fees. How on earth can you even think of backing these scumbags 'IW' up ?.

I think a gym is a good idea in a large employment center, especially if it is combined with a canteen that provides healthy food. Exercise is good for the body and mind and is beneficial in combating the effects of depression, stress and medical conditions related to desk work. With the amount of productivity lost in this country due to illness, I welcome any initiatives to combat it effectively. I don't agree with the bonuses and I was quite critical of the consultant fees when they were first revealed. Like I said, I try to look at the bigger picture.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Looks like it will be a long essay ,,, maybe you should file it as a comedy !!!
    Joking aside , good louck with your report ..

Lecturer will only accept the sentence with business point of me. No opposition or judge(ing) politics words. : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Actually I don't support the current Irish Water setup.

And yet all you've done is support the current Irish Water setup.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I think a gym is a good idea in a large employment center, especially if it is combined with a canteen that provides healthy food. Exercise is good for the body and mind and is beneficial in combating the effects of depression, stress and medical conditions related to desk work. With the amount of productivity lost in this country due to illness, I welcome any initiatives to combat it effectively. I don't agree with the bonuses and I was quite critical of the consultant fees when they were first revealed. Like I said, I try to look at the bigger picture.

If they want excercise let them get off their lardy @rses and go out and fix the leaks that nearly 50% of treated water is escaping through.

Now, thats a good idea!

Satriale wrote: »
    If they want excercise let them get off their lardy @rses and go out and fix the leaks that nearly 50% of treated water is escaping through.

Now, thats a good idea!

No it isn't. Well it is if you have no concept of workplace skills.

Jesus H Christ...

:pac:

You have 0 credibility.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ...

You have 0 credibility.

Would you like to actually address anything I said in particular or is the pacman the extent of your argument?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

No it isn't. Well it is if you have no concept of workplace skills.

Burning calories on a treadmill while at work does not qualify as a workplace skill. Well, it is if you have no concept of a work ethic.

I am going to click on "Unfollow " this thread. pufff enough is enough

Satriale wrote: »
    Burning calories on a treadmill while at work does not qualify as a workplace skill. Well, it is if you have no concept of a work ethic.

I never said it did. Nor did I suggest they should be allowed use the gym during work hours. That's your own claim which you are attributing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Thanks

Obviously http://www.water.ie
    to start with

This site also provides hundreds of links and views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

How do you think the person that will have to cancel their health cover if they are to pay this ransom feels?Some eejit/crook who is sharing/selling their personal data swanning around a gym/canteen ?

All I'm hearing is another layer of self entitled, self satisfied, self interested and non accountable wasters/crooks that want to feed off my work. Not going to happen. And there was an army marching in Dublin that agree. That army is getting bigger by the day. Union rep in my local supermarket ( one of the biggest supermarkets in the country) told me he had driven into Irish Water and returned all the staff's packs. If I was Filthy Gael I wouldn't push this - its going to go off in their face.

gladrags wrote: »
    Obviously http://www.water.ie
    to start with

This site also provides hundreds of links and views.

got that. thanks.

Would you like to actually address anything I said in particular or is the pacman the extent of your argument?

All you've said is a load of waffle.

cajonlardo wrote: »
    How do you think the person that will have to cancel their health cover if they are to pay this ransom feels?Some eejit/crook who is sharing/selling their personal data swanning around a gym/canteen ?

All I'm hearing is another layer of self entitled, self satisfied, self interested and non accountable wasters/crooks that want to feed off my work. Not going to happen. And there was an army marching in Dublin that agree. That army is getting bigger by the day. Union rep in my local supermarket ( one of the biggest supermarkets in the country) told me he had driven into Irish Water and returned all the staff's packs. If I was Filthy Gael I wouldn't push this - its going to go off in their face.

You are completely missing the point. If the gym contributes to a reduced amount of sick leave then it can pay for itself in productivity increase and your money goes further.

All you've said is a load of waffle.

Feel free to challenge a single part. I'll make it easy and break it down.

Do you believe regular exercise helps reduce the symptoms of depression?

Do you believe regular exercise reduces stress?

Do you believe regular exercise reduces the physical effects of sitting at a desk?

Do you believe that reducing the above three would reduce sick leave in an office environment?

More waffle.

The more you type, the more you expose.

• Advertisement

More waffle.

The more you type, the more you expose.

So you can't address a single point?

tallus wrote: »
    Prime Time on RTE1 at 9:35 is about Irish water. Might be interesting.

Unfortunately, 'Prime Time' has again split an hour program over two extremely important current issues.

Both of which would have easily filled the complete hour slot.

So you can't address a single point?

You don't have points worth addressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You are completely missing the point. If the gym contributes to a reduced amount of sick leave then it can pay for itself in productivity increase and your money goes further.

But what business does a water utility company have in running and maintaining a gym. Why not simply avoid the upfront costs and give reduced membership rates to a local gym.

And while I agree with your sentiment about reducing sick leave etc what are the benchmarks it will be judged against? Does Bord Gais have an announced sick leave rate and thus they have a target to beat and can therefore show to everybody the cost v benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tbh the gym wouldn't concern me at all. The Data Protection coupled with the fact that an essential to life is being placed in the hands of a private company that has a monopoly is the issue here.

While I won't be returning my form the only other thing I can do to register my disgust is to change my power providers which just happen to be the parent of IW. This could be a very useful side strategy to put additional pressure from an alternative side on the situation. How many of the 66% who haven't sent their form in get their power from Bord Gais?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I am going to click on "Unfollow " this thread. pufff enough is enough

I don't blame you, bad day today.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

You really aren't doing your side of the argument any favours with the way you go on.

Didn't think you could. They were 4 simple yes/no questions and you chose to ignore them because they were logical and contradicted your simplistic view on workplace management. All you've done so far is insult me and not address anything I've said.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    But what business does a water utility company have in running and maintaining a gym. Why not simply avoid the upfront costs and give reduced membership rates to a local gym.

Maybe because people are not as likely to use them.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    And while I agree with your sentiment about reducing sick leave etc what are the benchmarks it will be judged against? Does Bord Gais have an announced sick leave rate and thus they have a target to beat and can therefore show to everybody the cost v benefit?

I don't know. I hope so. It would be a great source.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Feel free to challenge a single part. I'll make it easy and break it down.

Do you believe regular exercise helps reduce the symptoms of depression?

Do you believe regular exercise reduces stress?

Do you believe regular exercise reduces the physical effects of sitting at a desk?

Do you believe that reducing the above three would reduce sick leave in an office environment?

Making people work just one hour per day would reduce sick leave too. What's your point? The state / taxpayers should not be funding the recreational time of semi-state employees.. 95+% of private sector employees don't have a luxury such as a free gym to go to while working.

Then again, in the private sector absenteeism is taken seriously, and people don't need to be pandered to in order for them not to abuse sick leave :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You really aren't doing your side of the argument any favours with the way you go on.

Oh please.

Obsfucation and waffle about the benefits of a gym is just an attempt by someone who supports Irish Water to muddy the waters, as it were.

Nothing more.

NONE of those points are worth addressing because they are COMPLETELY beside the point and just an attempt to derail the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement