Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

listermint wrote: »
    Running scared trying to buy back sentiment

http://www.thejournal.ie/water-charges-relief-social-welfare-1742674-Oct2014/

Water charges relief for all. Wooo waves flag

They are back-pedalling now. Still feel anything less than a complete abolishment of Irish Water will satisfy the people.

They ballsed it up, and they ballsed it up good. No Govt will want to touch water taxes with a forty foot pole for the foreseeable future after this hames.

Expect the whole is to crash spectacularly around their ears before Christmas.

Any wonder FG never go more than one term in Govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Isn't there another thread about protesters (two in fact) ?

True.
    That post is but a sad attempt to take this one off topic with a 'all protesters are tick' youtube video tbh.

False , It's showing the true nature of this fella and the patience the gardaí are showing to these muppets.
    "All protesters are wasting Gardaí time and resources."

papu wrote: »

False , It's showing the true nature of this fella and the patience the gardaí are showing to these muppets.
    "All protesters are wasting Gardaí time and resources."

Which is probably why it's better suited for the actual protester thread (of which there are two) , no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the gardaí, ordinary decent people having to put up with this rubbish.

How you know they are ordinary decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

How you know they are ordinary decent people.
    Because the patience they are displaying with these idiots is near superhuman levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This is true. Buts its in a good cause and generally well motivated.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Pwindedd wrote: »
    I rang them today. Being a tenant in a house I quite like, at a reasonable rate of rent I don't want to go rocking any boats. Got through straight away and they gave me an application no and pin over the phone straight away. Registered online in minutes.

As everyone is going to be issued with a bill anyway, regardless of wether they've registered, if IW are to be believed, then I would like that bill to be as low as possible. If the allowances are not claimed then billing will be higher - does this not increase IWs balance sheet and make them more economically viable on paper at least.

Same here, rang them early in the morning and got through immediately.
    I wasn't able to register over the phone (apparently that's an option) as they asked me something and I didn't know the answer, so we agreed that they will send me a registration pack by mail.
    Obviously when we verified the address, it wasn't my name-I assume that it was my landlady (I asked her, but she didn't tell me, referencing the data protection policy, which is a good sign), but at least we changed it to my name.

Has the one month extension for the registration been finalised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

papu wrote: »
    This is Hilarious,

The density of this lad with the camera.

This is more hilarious, and sums up the mood of the majority of the citizens in the "Republic"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Same here, rang them early in the morning and got through immediately.
    I wasn't able to register over the phone (apparently that's an option) as they asked me something and I didn't know the answer, so we agreed that they will send me a registration pack by mail.
    Obviously when we verified the address, it wasn't my name-I assume that it was my landlady (I asked her, but she didn't tell me, referencing the data protection policy, which is a good sign), but at least we changed it to my name.

Has the one month extension for the registration been finalised?

Lots of these posts today, have you guys been sent out today to make it look as of there are more than 80,000 people signed up?

What about the other Million needed ?? :P :P

Gas Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Lots of these posts today, have you guys been sent out today to make it look as of there are more than 80,000 people signed up?

What about the other Million needed ?? :P :P

Gas Stuff

Nothing like that listermint, just replied to a post that had a similar experience as me.
    I don't post in this thread that much anyway (1-2 times maybe), mostly follow it so I can keep up-to-date with what's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

hju6 wrote: »
    This is more hilarious, and sums up the mood of the majority of the citizens in the "Republic"

Ignorant idiot. He can't even write a good song.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Ignorant idiot.

Post reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Post reported.

Post unreported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Running scared trying to buy back sentiment

http://www.thejournal.ie/water-charges-relief-social-welfare-1742674-Oct2014/

Water charges relief for all. Wooo waves flag

Too late Enda. You have got your chance and you've monumentally fcuked it up. Get out with FF ye treacherous b****ds

http://youtu.be/AX-Rt7JIhIw

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

"No contract no consent" means sweet FA. The legislation states that if you use the services you are contracting with IW and unless this legislation is struck down by a constitutional challenge, it won't be overruled by the legal equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la I can't hear you".

Best of luck to them trying to prove use of services in the 80% of unmetered homes.

Best of luck to them trying to prove use of services in the 80% of unmetered homes.

My meter is easily accessed outside in the footpath

It's so easily accessed I fear it may get stolen :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

My meter is easily accessed outside in the footpath

It's so easily accessed I fear it may get stolen :)

I thought about this. Not digging it up and taking it or anything. All it will take is for a neighbour to come about in the middle of the night to dig it up or damage it or whatever.

I thought about this. Not digging it up and taking it or anything. All it will take is for a neighbour to come about in the middle of the night to dig it up or damage it or whatever.

If it's not there I suppose there will be no proof of usage, and the forced contract (tax) will be void.
    Just a thought

If it's not there I suppose there will be no proof of usage, and the forced contract (tax) will be void.
    Just a thought

I'll rob yours if you rob mine.

Edit, an entrepreneurial fella should definitely be considering a water meter removal business now, and prob some storage for them too.

E-voting machines, move over and make room for these hoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

It could become a collectors item,and very valuable.

An artefact of the past,?

I'll rob yours if you rob mine.

Edit, an entrepreneurial fella should definitely be considering a water meter removal business now, and prob some storage for them too.

E-voting machines, move over and make room for these hoors.

DOB bought won by tender that contract ,TWO WEEKS before setting up GMC REMOVALS

:)

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Y'know, the way things are going now, the panic and backtracking, the gathering fury, the momentum and focus of a population bled dry - I'd be willing to bet you the value of a year's worth of water that the charges never happen, or at least are ignored and never enforced by a company that collapses.

The charges will happen alright either in their current form or else just by increases in income tax or other taxes, anyone thinking otherwise is extremely naive. Cancelling the water charges and reversing the income tax changes in the recent budget would leave me a few 100 euro worse of for instance and something like that is all they have to do, they won't say it's to cover the charges but it will.

Those who pay tax will also be hit harder than with the charges as they will have to make up the difference for those not paying or paying little tax. At least with the charges everyone pays for what they use (once the meters are in).

The charges will happen alright either in their current form or else just by increases in income tax or other taxes. Cancelling the water charges and reversing the income tax changes in the recent budget would leave me a few 100 euro worse of for instance and something like that is all they have to do, they won't say it's to cover the charges but it will.

Those who pay tax will also be hit harder than they are now as they will have to make up the difference for those not paying or paying little tax. At least with the charges everyone pays for what they use (once the meters are in).

Not true, a single person or a couple with no children will be paying through General taxation for the "free" allowances granted to others as well as paying for their own water,

So a single person or couple with no children will be paying more than others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

186 for an emergency call out????

They can sing for it!!

yipeeeee wrote: »

They can sing for it!!

Very coincidental that the callout charge is almost exactly the amount of a weeks social. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Very coincidental that the callout charge is almost exactly the amount of a weeks social. :cool:

Strange alright, just heard it on Vincent brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah but it's the basis on which they are charged - the rate per 1000 litres was calculated off the back of a ridiculous estimated cost to fund the administration of a completely unnecessary organisation and has nothing to do with the production cost of potable mains water.

Furthermore, the costs incurred by the county councils remain the same, as they are doing exactly the same as regards water supply functions as they were before IW came along as they immediately became agency suppliers to IW on its establishment.

In my view, paying charges would be legitimising this gargantuan duplication of a bureaucracy that is not needed in the state, so I encourage everyone not to do it.

yipeeeee wrote: »

They can sing for it!!

How much would your local plumber charge? I doubt it'd be very much different!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Jaycornyn wrote: »
    Ok. I've read that the legislation is in conflict with constitution and EU law. What carries the most power? What overrides what? As i've said I don't know anything about law.

I was under the impression that a contract had to be physically signed before it became binding? If so does this legislation not break laws? I still haven't got a clear answer on this from someone who seems to know what they are on about.

If it is a case that they turn my water to a trickle, what is stopping me from going out and turning it back on?

It would have to be found to be unconstitutional in the Supreme Court to be considered invalid. A guy on Facebook calling it unconstitutional doesn't change the law. The folks in the likes of Dublin says No have shown they don't understand the constitution a number of times. "Unconstitutional" is just a buzz word they use when they don't agree with something. If someone tells you something is unconstitutional ask them what article it breaches.

Do you use these pipes?

No.

Ok we'll cut them off so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement