Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

EazyD wrote: »
    I'm not thick, I realise any water you buy/consume has trace elements. That doesn't explain why there is excess amounts of visible particulates floating in the glass.

Solubility of Calcium carbonate decreases as Temperature increses. This means that in the colder pipes and reservoirs the same volume of water can hold more.

When its out of the tap , and warming this excess crashes out as the solubility goes down.

Blame mother nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Get your water tested and see if it complies with EU drinking water regulations.
    If it does, you've nothing to be complaining about.

So you would have no problem paying for that glass of water which I posted on the previous page?

So you would have no problem paying for that glass of water which I posted on the previous page?

Biologically speaking it is better for you. Why are you so caught up with the aesthetics?

papu wrote: »
    Biologically speaking it is better for you. Why are you so caught up with the aesthetics?

You might be one to enjoy a creamy glass of water but I think I speak for most people when I say it isn't acceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Some people don't know their own luck, eh?

• Advertisement

You might be one to enjoy a creamy glass of water but I think I speak for most people when I say it isn't acceptable.

Throw the glass into the fridge , decant the clear water , whatever helps curb your child like fussiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Throw the glass into the fridge , decant the clear water , whatever helps curb your child like fussiness.

Have a chat with yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Mmmm..... Creamy water.
    Goes down smooth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Expecting water to look like water, and not a glass of milk is childlike fussiness.

Jesus wept.

Expecting water to look like water, and not a glass of milk is childlike fussiness.

Jesus wept.

Crying over excess calcium, because of natural processes?

• Advertisement

If you where in a bar and you asked for a water, and that was poured for you, would you pay for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

over calcification has some (albeit weak) links to cardiovascular problems in men. but it has stronger links to the onset of eczema in children.

i have no idea of what levels need to be present for those dangers to be a consideration but it goes to show, hard water is not 100% safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

None at all if it complies with the EU standard.

Why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tell that to the people who spend fortunes getting treatment kits or replacing wrecked appliances.

IW told the people of Sth. Wexford that treating the water is not their problem,they want money for the water so imo it is their problem.

zerks wrote: »
    Tell that to the people who spend fortunes getting treatment kits or replacing wrecked appliances.

IW told the people of Sth. Wexford that treating the water is not their problem,they want money for the water so imo it is their problem.

You opinion won't count for much if the water complies with EU standards I'm afraid.

You opinion won't count for much if the water complies with EU standards I'm afraid.

If the product supplied is damaging appliances, consumer regulations may apply and recourse should be sought.

That was the opinion of a barrister interviewed by Sean O Rourke about a year ago.

I'm not sure how it would fare, but if IW refuse to address the problem, refusing to pay for such water would be the first step in the process.

but if IW refuse to address the problem, refusing to pay for such water would be the first step in the process.

If the water complies with EU standard, there's simply no problem for them to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If the product supplied is damaging appliances, consumer regulations may apply and recourse should be sought.

That was the opinion of a barrister interviewed by Sean O Rourke about a year ago.

Hard water areas are not exempt from paying.... I don't think that's the case in other countries either.

Calgon ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I'm not sure how it would fare, but if IW refuse to address the problem, refusing to pay for such water would be the first step in the process.

If that was the case then why haven't the local authorities been held responsibility in the past? IW didn't invent hard water.

If that was the case then why haven't the local authorities been held responsibility in the past?

I don't know if it was ever pursued TBH.
    IW didn't invent hard water.
    No, but they'll be billing people for it.
    And it's damaging appliances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I don't know if it was ever pursued TBH.

People have tried to take cases to LAs before but, as long as the water complies with the EU regulations (and limescale doesn't breach those regs) then the LA or now IW have no case to answer.

Simply put, limescale is a natural occurrence and although it does damage appliances over time, it is the householders' problem.

Tough though it may be, that's the truth.

If it's such an issue for you, why didn't you do something about it before now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

How do you know what he did or didn't do?

Either way, there's a difference between getting a free inadequate service, and having to pay for inadequate service.

How do you know what he did or didn't do?.
    He can't have done much if it's still a problem.
    Either way, there's a difference between getting a free inadequate service, and having to pay for inadequate service

You don't pay taxes I assume.

Calling me "fussy" for expecting normal clean water from my taps is a bit much. When you pay for a product you expect a certain level of quality, which in this case I'm not getting.

He can't have done much if it's still a problem.

Why would you make such an assumption? Not exactly justified is it?

I'd be interested in knowing why you're so protective of Irish Water and so dismissive of the public experiencing problems with the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Meanwhile Nestlé want to Privatise water across the world...

http://youtu.be/SEFL8ElXHaU

How do you know what he did or didn't do?

Either way, there's a difference between getting a free inadequate service, and having to pay for inadequate service

I think it's been demonstrated enough times by now, everyone pays taxes in some form or another.

Nice to see some sort of acceptance that we're being asked to pay for water twice though.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in knowing why you're so protective of Irish Water and so dismissive of the public experiencing problems with the product?

I've gotten that exact vibe off a number of particular posters. A quick glance at post histories says it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement