Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Tony EH wrote: »
    THIS time around.

Besides IW was their solution to avoiding "mass protests" ?

For fück sake...

:rolleyes:

What is so different about your "simple" plan which would make paying for water acceptable to everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I see they (as registered as a private company) are obliged by law to tack on vat to the charges, (assuming it gets that far) when assessed charges end.

When will the vat decrease happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I see they (as registered as a private company) are obliged by law to tack on vat to the charges, (assuming it gets that far) when assessed charges end.

When will the vat decrease happen?
    It's exempt from VAT, as commercial supplies from local authorities were. Not sure about waste water.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/law/notes-for-guidance/vat/fa-no2-2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Have the landlord looking for my pps number as I'm the only registered tenant at the time of writing out of two. Told him I didn't want to be the account holder so its to be his wife and then I'm down as the sole resident until the housemate is registered in a week or two. Hands are kinda tied and looks like IW will have my pps. Oh well.

I'm in the position where I will pay for the water I use which is cool, I'm also renting which takes the option of refuse to enter a contract out of the question. What isn't cool is the fact the housemate tends to leave taps running, wasteful etc and isn't the most reliable with bills meaning my name will be tied to a possible bill ran up by someone else which I've had big trouble with before.

I think its a sham that a pps number is required for a household allowance considering every household will have at least one person living there = an allowance. Was the whole pps number nonsense sorted out? Should I send on my number? What's the worst that can happen ha ha should I accidentally on purposely mix up a number or two?

Should I grab the housemate and demand his number?

Danonino. wrote: »
    Have the landlord looking for my pps number as I'm the only registered tenant at the time of writing out of two. Told him I didn't want to be the account holder so its to be his wife and then I'm down as the sole resident until the housemate is registered in a week or two. Hands are kinda tied and looks like IW will have my pps. Oh well.

I'm in the position where I will pay for the water I use which is cool, I'm also renting which takes the option of refuse to enter a contract out of the question. What isn't cool is the fact the housemate tends to leave taps running, wasteful etc and isn't the most reliable with bills meaning my name will be tied to a possible bill ran up by someone else which I've had big trouble with before.

I think its a sham that a pps number is required for a household allowance considering every household will have at least one person living there = an allowance. Was the whole pps number nonsense sorted out? Should I send on my number? What's the worst that can happen ha ha should I accidentally on purposely mix up a number or two?

The Landlord cannot give your PPS to IW. Are you sure it's not for him to register you with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB), which he'l legally obliged to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Danonino. wrote: »

The landlord has absolutely nothing to do with you and Irish water, this from there website

What should you do as a landlord or as a tenant?

If you are a landlord:

We are sending an application pack to every household in Ireland requesting that the occupier reply to us. If you are a landlord then you will receive a letter from us with a list of all the residential properties we believe you own. This is to allow you, as the owner, to respond to Irish Water using the application to notify us if the property is unoccupied.

If your property is occupied, the occupier (tenant) will need to confirm their details using the application and can apply for water services allowances if they wish.

If you are a tenant:

If you are a tenant, and therefore the occupier of the property, you need to confirm your details using the application and apply for your water services allowances. You will then be set up as a customer of Irish Water.

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

shinzon wrote: »
    The landlord has absolutely nothing to do with you and Irish water, this from there website

If you are a landlord:

We are sending an application pack to every household in Ireland requesting that the occupier reply to us. If you are a landlord then you will receive a letter from us with a list of all the residential properties we believe you own. This is to allow you, as the owner, to respond to Irish Water using the application to notify us if the property is unoccupied.

If your property is occupied, the occupier (tenant) will need to confirm their details using the application and can apply for water services allowances if they wish.

If you are a tenant:

If you are a tenant, and therefore the occupier of the property, you need to confirm your details using the application and apply for your water services allowances. You will then be set up as a customer of Irish Water.

Shin

Very cleverly written stuff, no mention of bills, billing, or invoicing, its all about how to apply for allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Very cleverly written stuff, no mention of bills, billing, or invoicing, its all about how to apply for allowances.

"You will then be set up as a customer of Irish Water."

Set up for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

cleverly written my ar$e, people are seeing the wood from the trees now and will be having no more of their crap from here on in

nov 1st will rock the foundations of this corrupt government and all their mates :pac:

gladrags wrote: »
    "You will then be set up as a customer of Irish Water."

Set up for life.

If the company automatically has everyone by the short and curlies anyway, why are they not a bit more upfront about the whole billing aspect instead of trying to hide it?

Something doesn't quite add up.

You will then be set up.......

• Advertisement

If the company automatically has everyone by the short and curlies anyway, why are they not a bit more upfront about the whole billing aspect instead of trying to hide it?

Something doesn't quite add up.

You will then be set up.......

If you are a customer,do you not have a right to a refund, or you're money back?

Particularly if so many have no intention of paying,in the first instance.

Could be on to something here.

Could be on to something here.

It's just...terribly invitational.

Almost as if it's optional to become a customer.

Being invited to apply for allowances instead of being required to register your billing details.

Simply a case of way too much spin?

shinzon wrote: »

If you are a landlord:

If you are a tenant:

Shin

Is a landlord legally obliged to give his tenants full details (name etc) to Revenue, because it doesn't look very clear to me that this is the case.

All I can see, is that a landlord has to pass on an application pack to the tenant or declare a property unoccupied.

If the tenant doesn't do anything with the application pack....
    If the tenant has not registered with Irish Water, Irish Water will contact the property owner to ensure that the responsible party (ie the tenant) receives the bill. Irish Water will announce details of this shortly.

Irish Water will release details of this shortly :D

I'm guessing that's just in case the responsible party, (ie the tenant) decides to fcuk the bill in the bin.

Irish Water didn't think that far ahead it would seem.

Money well spent on consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Almost as if it's optional to become a customer.
    It is.
    Anyone who wants to can opt out of the IW service and like many many thousands of others, dig a well or set up a group scheme or otherwise provide for their own water and waste water services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Phoebas wrote: »
    It is.
    Anyone who wants to can opt out of the IW service and like many many thousands of others, dig a well or set up a group scheme or otherwise provide for their own water and waste water services.

Just like we have been doing for years before the IW SCAM was dreamed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

hju6 wrote: »
    Just like we have been doing for years before the IW SCAM was dreamed up.
    Yep. All of the same options are available to you.

Is a landlord legally obliged to give his tenants full details (name etc) to Revenue, because it doesn't look very clear to me that this is the case.

All I can see, is that a landlord has to pass on an application pack to the tenant or declare a property unoccupied.

If the tenant doesn't do anything with the application pack....

Irish Water will release details of this shortly :D

I'm guessing that's just in case the responsible party, (ie the tenant) decides to fcuk the bill in the bin.

Irish Water didn't think that far ahead it would seem.

Money well spent on consultants.

So if a landlord has a number of tenants and the landlord has not declared
    the tenants to the Revenue,for a number of years.

Will compliance with the water charge alert the revenue?

So if a landlord has a number of tenants and the landlord has not declared
    the tenants to the Revenue,for a number of years.

Will compliance with the water charge alert the revenue?

Possibly, but surely only in a landlord/not declaring income capacity I imagine.

They (much to their dismay I imagine) Can't link Revenue to a utility bill.

Let's not kid ourselves, if they could they'd have did so by now, and if that happened, the Govt would collapse days later.

It is.

After what, a couple of hundred pages, that's been covered ad nauseum.

It doesn't actually address the issue under discussion, which is Irish Water's rather unusual marketing style.

Which appears to be an idea of offering an enticement of allowances to those potentially interested in taking part, when, to all intents and purposes, they're all set up to shoot fish in a barrell anyway.

Why this hiding behind nice, careful inviting language, offering allowances and "needing" rather than "requiring" details etc?

With the wishy washy approach it's not surprising that Joe public is just a bit hesitant, a bit distrusting, a bit wary of the (professional) spin that is constantly being put on everything Irish Water, by Irish Water.

They really have taken strategic ambiguity to heart.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=strategic+ambiguity+in+communication&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ei=WdFOVN22GsiO7Qbxo4C4AQ&ved=0CBcQgQMwAA

And must deal with the consequences of that decision.

Possibly, but surely only in a landlord/not declaring income capacity I imagine.

They (much to their dismay I imagine) Can't link Revenue to a utility bill.

Let's not kid ourselves, if they could they'd have did so by now, and if that happened, the Govt would collapse days later.

They'd hardly announce that they'll do it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ah feck now I'm even more confused :/

I'm registered in the house, so I've already given my landlord my pps no for that. I lost full time employment so had to make sure I was registered for xs/os so I could apply for rent allowance which I've now been waiting on over 4 months and will probably never see it as I hopefully have a new job lined up after Xmas.
    Anyway... The new tenant is here a week or two and that hasn't been sorted. The landlord wants to sort the water shambles which i understand. Landlord is a very very nice guy, I think he's simply misplaced my pps number. I guess I'll just send it on to him again and make an apperance Nov 1st as its a fecking scam the way this whole thing is conducted.

We never received a human CentiPad water pack to the house, he received it along with the one for his own property so I'm pretty sure he's not looking for my pps for anything other than water. What exactly could he do with my pps anyway?

Its way too late to be thinking about this ha ha. Also just found my xs/os form in my work pants that I was positive I handed in last week... Excellent. €5 in my pocket and now no money until I sort that out. What a day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

We won't be give irish water our ppsn numbers allowance or no allowance .don't trust them or this muppet government who won't get in next election
    iw are utility company. so called utility company who already giving themselves bonuses. what a joke

Ahh feck, its getting worse now.

Are they looking for us to revolt?

Householders could face massive bills of up to €1,000 to fix Irish Water pipes

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/householders-could-face-massive-bills-4513570

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Yep. All of the same options are available to you.

That's correct

I pay my taxes and water comes out of the tap,

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/householders-could-face-massive-bills-4513570

THAT has ALWAYS been the case. If you have a leak or a blocked pipe, you'd call a plumber! It doesn't have to be Irish Water! Please Note the most important word "COULD"

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

I will be supplying Irish water with my PPS because I'm an anarchist.

Do you know what anarchism means?

The Greens want a Referendum on water privatisation, otherwise mass protests will ensue.:eek:

Ryan says that the present legislation is insufficient, as it can be overturned.

I believe the possibility of this was mentioned on this thread at some point.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/greens-call-for-referendum-to-block-irish-water-privatisation-1.1978547

"At the moment the continued public ownership of this precious resource hangs on the support of the government of the day. We believe that our water supply should never be up for sale. We can ensure that that will never happen by inserting a new Article into our constitution which would guarantee the public ownership of our water supply into the future.”
    While the Government has said it has no plans to privatise Irish Water, the way the utility had been set up made it attractive for commercial buyers, he said.
    “Private equity markets are particularly interested in this type of regulated asset company where there is a guaranteed income stream. The whole bonus and financing arrangements that have been put in place around Irish Water have been designed as if it is already a private commercial company.”

The Greens signed up for the introduction of these charges.

(they later said they only did so, because they thought Labour would veto them)

Beware the snake in the grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

The Greens signed up for the introduction of these charges.

(they later said they only did so, because they thought Labour would veto them)

Beware the snake in the grass.

i think the green party today is very different, they know they've little to no chance of getting back in government after last time. so while i wouldnt vote for them, i think that pressuring to amend the constitution to guarantee that water stays in our hands, is exactly what they should be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

it would appear so, let them have it i say!! :)
    i think the green party today is very different, they no they've little to no chance of getting back in government after last time. so while i wouldnt vote for them, i think that pressuring to amend the constitution to guarantee that water stays in our hands, is exactly what they should be doing.

someone somewhere is saying the very same thing about fianna fail i'm sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement