Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Who are the third parties which this information will be given to?

A Nigerian prince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Daith wrote: »
    Huh? That can't be right. Surely you can cancel being a customer like any utility? I know the ESB has records of my previous addresses but I don't keep getting bills from them.

My experience has been completely the opposite. When I last moved, the electric/gas company refused to let me close my account without providing them contact details for the 'next' customer.

I don't know how such nonsense is legal...but they were quite insistent that if someone else, didn't call them to 'take over' the account, they'd continue to bill me. Or I could pay a fee for them to 'disconnect' service - and then the next person would have to pay a reconnect fee. I couldn't imagine a more ridiculous thing - but I've been told it's common.

I imagine Irish Water will do the same thing. They'll keep billing you until they have another name on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The Irish Water pack came to our house addressed to the previous owners. What will happen if I just ignore it?

Nothing. You'll probably get another one with your name soon also.
    Ignore that one too, as soon as you reply, you are entering into a contract.
    All your information will be given to whoever buys Irish Water.

Ignore it along with myself and thousands of others and we will beat this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Nothing. You'll probably get another one with your name soon also.
    Ignore that one too, as soon as you reply, you are entering into a contract.
    All your information will be given to whoever buys Irish Water.

Ignore it along with myself and thousands of others and we will beat this nonsense.

Ignore it? Why - I don't know what you mean, I never saw any such letter....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Has anybody had their water meters installed?

Im from Balbriggan and I have seen nobody installing any meters and dont know of anybody who has as yet had their water meter installed.

How are the first bills for water going to be issued in January 2015 when so few areas across the country seem to have any meters installed?

Am i missing something as to why im not hearing such questions being asked anywhere in the media?

My next door neighbour has got the letter to fill out but for some strange reason we have not received anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

UCDVet wrote: »
    Ignore it? Why - I don't know what you mean, I never saw any such letter....

The letter that came........... Ah, I see what you're up to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

A pack for my newly bought house came to the house I was renting in last year. How do they know my new address? And why did they send it to my old address?! Data protection what??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

lightspeed wrote: »
    Has anybody had their water meters installed?

Im from Balbriggan and I have seen nobody installing any meters and dont know of anybody who has as yet had their water meter installed.

How are the first bills for water going to be issued in January 2015 when so few areas across the country seem to have any meters installed?

Am i missing something as to why im not hearing such questions being asked anywhere in the media?

My next door neighbour has got the letter to fill out but for some strange reason we have not received anything?

This product they are selling you, the one with a specific per litre price...well seeing as they dont yet have a way to assess how much you are using of the product they are selling you they are simply going to guess and you have to pay what they guess. Good one eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Who are the third parties which this information will be given to?

'Mericans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I see the Data Protection notice on the IW website was updated on the 19th:

"19/09/2014: Please see below our updated Data Protection Notice that we are currently reviewing with the office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Amendments have been made primarily to clarify to the customer the purposes for which personal data (including PPS numbers) is collected."

http://www.water.ie/data-protection-notice/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

chasm wrote: »
    I see the Data Protection notice on the IW website was updated on the 19th:

"19/09/2014: Please see below our updated Data Protection Notice that we are currently reviewing with the office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Amendments have been made primarily to clarify to the customer the purposes for which personal data (including PPS numbers) is collected."

http://www.water.ie/data-protection-notice/

Using it for marketing purposes unless you send a letter. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Using it for marketing purposes unless you send a letter. Yay.

There is also an option to opt out of receiving marketing info on the Application form

There is also an option to opt out of receiving marketing info on the Application form

That's good. Must have a look at that form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29294096

Absolutely shocking behaviour from the French!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29294096

Absolutely shocking behaviour from the French!

The French have a habit of letting the government know when they're unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The French have a habit of letting the government know when they're unhappy.

Not "the French". Just sections of society who react when their vested interests are being threatened. "The French" never protested against water charges or property tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Not "the French". Just sections of society who react when their vested interests are being threatened. " The French" never protested against water charges or property tax.

They went ape shıt over the USC though.

Oh wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh no, Id love to have opted out - if I hadnt already shredded the entire contents of the envelope that arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Oh no, Id love to have opted out - if I hadnt already shredded the entire contents of the envelope that arrived.

You rebel!!!!!

:rolleyes:

You rebel!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I know, I was smeared in camouflage when I did it too!

In all seriousness they arent getting a cent out of my house for their quango so no need to keep the letter.

• Advertisement

I know, I was smeared in camouflage when I did it too!

In all seriousness they arent getting a cent out of my house for their quango so no need to keep the letter.

If you are on the public water system and use the water that IW provides then you will (sooner or later) end up paying your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

If you are on the public water system and use the water that IW provides then you will (sooner or later) end up paying your bill.

Answer me "how" they can make you pay ? Serious question ..

hawkelady wrote: »
    Answer me "how" they can make you pay ? Serious question ..

The same way any business can make you pay your bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

A day in court.

I wish them luck with the million+ households they'll have to take proceedings against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

When you have already paid and they bill you again, what does any business call that?

Satriale wrote: »
    When you have already paid and they bill you again, what does any business call that?

I'm sure if you can provide a receipt showing that you have paid your bills then you won't be charged again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I wish them luck with the million+ households they'll have to take proceedings against.

Thing is, I wish them luck and I hope they succeed in this battle of double taxation. It cant go on anymore.

But there's people out there that's willing or too frightened and will pay up. So who wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'm sure if you can provide a receipt showing that you have paid your bills then you won't be charged again.

Who do i bill for my time doing their accounts for them? Seeing as how i clean, supply, then clean my own water again, on top of paying tax to supply and clean yours.

And to insult my generousity you want to pay on the double.:confused:

• Advertisement

Satriale wrote: »
    Who do i bill for my time doing their accounts for them? Seeing as how i clean, supply, then clean my own water again, on top of paying tax to supply and clean yours.

And to insult my generousity you want to pay on the double.:confused:

But you're not paying double, It doesn't matter how many times you say this it won't make it true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement