Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

cajonlardo wrote: »
    How are traders losing money?
    tens of thousands don't go into the city with lunch boxes and fizzy drinks. No way people come from around the country and don't buy a few bits.

A contributer to Liveline had given staff the day off because of the disruption to his business and lost trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

gladrags wrote: »
    That's exactly what you are doing,or trying to do.

Hijack this thread and lie,for self serving and irrelevant interests.

I really wasn't I was simply expressing my opinion that other groups aka fluoride and politicians were trying to hijack that grassroots movement that was happening.

You seem to have a bit of a victim complex that I am always attacking you simply cus I disagree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What is the next step now?
    There is no next step. Everyone who is protesting wants something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Dublin traders would love that! They're already losing out from people avoiding the area due to planned protests. However, I agree that one big meeting would be more effective than having a lot of small ones.

Id say it has the opposite effect and brings extra income to Dublins traders. People would avoid the area if the protests were violent or there was a bad element to them forcing traders to shut. These protests are good natured and the majority of them would be decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Which was?

( like drawing blood from a turnip this)

Read the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Looks like you got your wish & you didn't even know it![/quote]

And you think water charges won't creep up negating that small reduction in usc (that I was perfectly aware of thank you)
    Anyways my entire wish hasn't been entirely fulfilled as you happily report. Won't be satisfied until this idiotic organisation is quashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

gladrags wrote: »
    Read the thread

Ooh... succinct!

I did buddy.

Your overreacting re: VinLeagers posts.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Not sure where the figures for attendances are coming from, we went up to the Ashbourne parade, but didn't march as I'm not prepared to put my support behind the No charge camp, or the SF agenda, both of which were a fundamental part of the Ashbourne parade.

When it left the assembly point, there's no way there were 2000 people there, I'd have put the numbers are between 200 and 300 at that point. May well have increased due to late arrivals, but it would have to have increased significantly to hit the sort of numbers they are claiming.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

kefir32 wrote: »
    Won't be satisfied until this idiotic organisation is quashed.

As the only political parties who want it gone have less than zero chance of having a Dáil majority, your wish will remain unfulfilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Not sure where the figures for attendances are coming from, we went up to the Ashbourne parade, but didn't march as I'm not prepared to put my support behind the No charge camp, or the SF agenda, both of which were a fundamental part of the Ashbourne parade.

When it left the assembly point, there's no way there were 2000 people there, I'd have put the numbers are between 200 and 300 at that point. May well have increased due to late arrivals, but it would have to have increased significantly to hit the sort of numbers they are claiming.

The numbers are coming from the Right2Water twitter account.

• Advertisement

As the only political parties who want it gone have less than zero chance of having a Dáil majority, your wish will remain unfulfilled.

Never say never

The numbers are coming from the Right2Water twitter account.

Which is run by union's who never inflate figures to achieve their agenda's......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What is the next step now? Will there be more organized protests? They should have another big one in Dublin and bus in people from all over the country. Id say it would be bigger than the Oct 11th march,

Monster protest in Dublin in Dec (think it's the 13th but not sure).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

hmmm wrote: »
    There is no next step. Everyone who is protesting wants something different.

Yes indeed. Something different than Irish Water.

Something different than cronyism, quangos and ham fisted attempts at squeezing more money out of Irish people.

Something different than political appointments, and utter incompetence.

Something different than an inflated bonus cultures for said incompetence.

You are very correct when you say everyone wants something different.

Never say never

It will require Taoiseach Joe Higgins or Taoiseach Ben Gilroy to be sitting in the big chair.

So yes.... never is indeed never!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Monster protest in Dublin in Dec (think it's the 13th but not sure).

Just what city traders need that close to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keith16 wrote: »
    Yes indeed. Something different than Irish Water.

Something different than cronyism, quangos and ham fisted attempts at squeezing more money out of Irish people.

Something different than political appointments, and utter incompetence.

Something different than an inflated bonus cultures for said incompetence.

You are very correct when you say everyone wants something different.

We wanted something different too when we voted in FG but it didn't happen, only got worse. More quangos and cronyism instead of fixing politics like Enda promised.

So yes.... never is indeed never![/quote]

We have a prophet predicting the future, thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

I've said it before. If S.F had the numbers at these marches they could walk into Govt buildings in the morning.
    donvito99 wrote: »
    That's nonsense.
    SF could walk into Gov buildings with a load of Armalites if they wanted to, but won't by the consent of a majority of the people.

the opinion polls would suggest otherwise

BTW do you think Mary Lou McDonald has ever handled an Armalite
    what about Aengus Ó Snodaigh
    or Pearse Doherty
    or Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin
    or Peadar Tóibín

this is the real face of Sinn Fein
    professional educated candidates without self-interest motivating them

now don't bother mentioning ferris, adams or mcGuinnesss even
    these are dinosaurs and won't be relevant soon.

We have a prophet predicting the future, thanks for that

Let's pop back in May 2016 & see if Joe Higgins or Ben Gilroy are taoiseach.

I'm gonna be bold & say no.

You can think that will happen if you wish.
    Everyone needs to dream I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Let's pop back in May 2016 & see if Joe Higgins or Ben Gilroy are taoiseach.

I'm gonna be bold & say no.

You can think that will happen if you wish.
    Everyone needs to dream I guess.

Lets see if Filthy Gael or their Labrador are still there. If the are, it will be because they heed the will of the electorate and have fired their current lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Not sure why you ae directing that at me?

She is anti water charge. There was an organised peaceful and lawful protest.
    in a democratic country. I am baffled as to where the problem is?

Tell you what.
    Why don't all you lot go ahead and organise a Pro Water Charge March. When you get tens of thousands marching we might take notice of something you say

Best post of the day by far ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Stargate wrote: »
    Best post of the day by far ! :D

I have a pro water charges facebook group that's doing well.

Not sure where the figures for attendances are coming from,.
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Which is run by union's who never inflate figures to achieve their agenda's......

Drone filming the Bray march. Wonder if any other marches did this? Would give a fairly accurate idea of numbers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

lanos wrote: »
    the opinion polls would suggest otherwise

BTW do you think Mary Lou McDonald has ever handled an Armalite
    what about Aengus Ó Snodaigh
    or Pearse Doherty
    or Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin
    or Peadar Tóibín

That doesn't matter one iota with Gerry Adams still at the head of the organisation and those named refusing to admit his faults.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    I have a pro water charges facebook group that's doing well.
    LOL

first time I've ever posted that

Not sure why you ae directing that at me?

She is anti water charge. There was an organised peaceful and lawful protest.
    in a democratic country. I am baffled as to where the problem is?

Tell you what.
    Why don't all you lot go ahead and organise a Pro Water Charge March. When you get tens of thousands marching we might take notice of something you say.

Nobody is pro water charges, of course I don't want to pay for water or anything else I just have enough cop on to understand that we have to otherwise in 10-20 years we will all be on boil water notices and living with third world standards of water infrastructure.

lanos wrote: »

Haha I don't believe a word of it. These "professional educated candidate" types have been very quiet recently as the real leaders of SF lay down the law. You might think you're voting for the pretty social democrat types, but you'll get the leaders from Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

So how many people turned up? 100k?

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nobody is pro water charges, of course I don't want to pay for water or anything else I just have enough cop on to understand that we have to otherwise in 10-20 years we will all be on boil water notices and living with third world standards of water infrastructure.
    Most people also have enough cop on to know that handing the borrowing bill over to our kids because we don't want to pay for all the services we receive is not fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement