Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

I saw the march on the quays today.

First of all, the number were small relative to what was expected (3,000 to 5,000 I'd say).

Second of all, it was not what you'd call a disparate group. Everybody looked lower working class. Nobody looked like they had a job. There were a lot of people waving Dublin GAA flags. I saw no professional or middle class people at all. But then they work Monday to Friday to pay for those who were marching to live their lives...

Is this you on the left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

First of all, the number were small relative to what was expected (3,000 to 5,000 I'd say).

Second of all, it was not what you'd call a disparate group. Everybody looked lower working class. Nobody looked like they had a job. There were a lot of people waving Dublin GAA flags. I saw no professional or middle class people at all. But then they work Monday to Friday to pay for those who were marching to live their lives...

You woman that was interviewed on 6.1 news did not sound like she was short of a few bob and I didn't see a single GAA flag ( not that it matters)

People I know who marched included a man who owns a home heating oil distribution company and employs a lot of people, An I.T Sales consultant, A plumber and a carpenter, A teacher and his nurse wife, A couple who own creches, my brother who owns a shop, my wife who is an accounts technician, a soldier and a few people from local factories.

Difference is I KNOW the people I am commenting on. You are judging strangers. Bit like the mistake F.G is making :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I can see some folk here moaning with jealousy and rage because so many people turned out for the national protest, even in the lashing rain.

Suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

just f*cking Fed up of yet another tax.
    If you get Irish Water closed down, the government will send everyone back to their cushy jobs in the local authorities, and aren't about to cut social welfare or fire admin staff in the HSE to pay for it - they're going to load more taxes on workers. You're shooting yourself in the foot by supporting the freeloaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Pretty pathetic turnout today.
    Ironically the water kept people away.

Looks like the Government will be breathing a big sigh of relief tonight.

Wonder will the protests planned for December even go ahead at all?
    I predict they won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Beaner1 wrote: »
    I have a pro water charges facebook group that's doing well.

This one?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-water-charges/451019881705145?sk=timeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Have they no shame. So this next march will be 100% dole scum and senile OAPS.

You need to go to anger-management classes. You seem to be very distraught regarding Irish folk standing up to a corrupt and unjust government. What is your problem ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nodster wrote: »

It's actually this one - https://www.facebook.com/WorkersForWaterCharges

2 likes :pac:

One from himself and one from the mammy who feels sorry for him probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Its obvious there's a campaign to undermine and insult all marchers as Sinn Fein, communist, lefty, social welfare grabbing, tax cheating, lower class wasters to society when most are simply law abiding and hard working citizens. It is not working. The movement is growing. Fair play to all who marched. Keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

What does somebody who has no job look like cos i dont think i could tell the difference and what has that got to do with anything anyway. I am also sure that the the majority of people without jobs would love to have a job and certainly dont need some stuck up snob like you looking down on them like a bit of dirt. Its like we are going back to Victorian times with all this lower and upper class ****e talk and for what it is worth i was marching today and there was people from all walks of society there employed, unemployed ,young and old as much as that might pain you to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Its obvious there's a campaign to undermine and insult all marchers as Sinn Fein, communist, lefty, social welfare grabbing, tax cheating, lower class wasters to society when most are simply law abiding and hard working citizens. It is not working. The movement is growing. Fair play to all who marched. Keep it going.

The movement is growing yet most people have signed up to pay. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nodster wrote: »

The comment on it,lol.Punctuation wouldn't go astray.They want to fuk off and pay protesters.:pac: So we are gonna get paid.

Once more: LINK??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Just like there's a campaign to insinuate that anyone who sees merit in water charges is just a shill for FG/FF/Labour and is pro IW, cronyism + lavish bonuses. There's clowns on both sides.

Do you have no sort of gumption at all?

Provide a source for that claim or stop making it. You're coming across as a complete fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

The Irish Water beast is mortally wounded - just waiting now for the 'coup de grace' - good riddance to it and its supporters.

Do you have no sort of gumption at all?

Provide a source for that claim or stop making it. You're coming across as a complete fool

Soure: Irish Water
    Refer also to household charge, second home tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

IW have not said that most have signed up to pay. They haven't given any indication about how many have signed up to pay at all. All they've commented on is the number of forms that have been returned.

Provide a link to show otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

"Most people have not signed up" Source: Irish Water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Crying over the latest poll results more like it.

IW have not said that most have signed up to pay. They haven't given any indication about how many have signed up to pay at all. All they've commented on is the number of forms that have been returned.

Provide a link to show otherwise.

I can't post an intranet link so unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks.

The Irish Water beast is mortally wounded - just waiting now for the 'coup de grace' - good riddance to it and its supporters.

They can't even complain about writing off the cost of setting it up seeing as they used the money taken from the population in the property tax to do it.
    That money was a bonus for them & par for the course,they wasted in setting up another money gouging venture.

Nice to see the pro-brigade are resorting to petty insults at this stage as they have nothing else to say.Even a simple link to back up what they say is now impossible to get - it's like trying to get info from IW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Beyond belief.

Mussolini would be proud.

I can't post an intranet link so unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks.

Has water gotten into the computers at IW?

So now you claim to be working for Irish Water? This just gets better and better.

Now obviously it's more bullcrap, but on the off chance that it isn't, I wonder how your employers would feel about you calling people scumbags and making vague threats of violence... hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Boy you are a right s****

I saw all walks of life walking down grand parade n South mall today.

You think it is only the under class who are saying enough is enough ?

Look at the vox pop on rte news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I'm simply pointing out that the VAST majority of Irish people went about their normal business today. Between 120,000 and 130,000 turned out to protest. Not bad, but NOT the majority of people.

That's like saying that if 50000 people went to Lansdowne Rd for an Ireland match to support their country, the other 4.5 million or so didn't hope the team won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Huge turnout today all across the nation. Well done of each and every one of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Edna's on the phone begging the Troika to come back, because they can do something he can't run a country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement