Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Pro Irish water lads, this poster is doing no favours for your cause.

He claims to work for Irish Water too

Wonder if he'd be in legal trouble for making such false representations? :p

That'd be quite funny
    Beaner1 wrote: »
    I can't post an intranet link so unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pro Irish water lads, this poster is doing no favours for your cause.

I think he's great,a microcosm of the delusion of those who thought taxing water was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Not with the 120,000.

Gathered that along with your sarcastic buddies on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I saw what I saw.

Between 3k and 5k marching in Dublin and a crowd comprised of Sinn Fein / left voters.

It was not a disparate group. People waving Dublin GAA and smoking rolled cigarettes.

I don't mean to sound like Ross O'Carroll-Kelly but I'd say that the average income level and education level was pretty low.

I'll openly admit I often go out looking like a dosser. A bit unkempt, unshaven and clothes, for some reason, always put on a struggle when I wear them. However, I have always worked, never committed a crime, paid my way and am a professional.

You sound like a very superficial person.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This post has been deleted.

They growled and the Dail and IW shook :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

zerks wrote: »
    I think he's great,a microcosm of the delusion of those who thought taxing water was a good idea.

Cool, can we claim people like FreeTV are a microcosm for your side too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Over 4,000 marched in swords alone, it actually looked more, but it was a great turnout. Even if there was 10,000 in Dublin city, like was said, you would have to add them all up from all parts of the Dublin area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    There are some posters on this thread that need to look in the mirror - classing people who march as of lower social standing than themselves.
    I went into the rally and march in my city and there were many people there. Saw some people from my own village and recognised others from nearby villages at it and what's banded about here from some here on boards that protestors are freeloaders, dutch gold drinkers, good for nothing scum, etc is very very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

would that be the person who forgot to apply for the vat exclusion for water, ot perhaps it was left as another scourcee of income for the gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,044 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

+1

I'd like to see a high level project plan to see where my money is going to in the medium to long term. Dates, % of work completed, what needs to be done, and cost estimates for accountability and transparency.

What expertise do you have in the water industry? Would you have the technical knowledge to analyse this sort of material, and decide whether it offered good value for money?

What is your opinion of the Irish Water Investment Plan for 2014/2016. Do you think the projected investment of €1.77 billion offers value for money. What about the different projects included. Would you agree that they deserve priority?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    How many people protested in Dublin? I ask because it was around 70k the last time and I assume from your comments it must have grown.

I don't want national numbers thank you, just the one in Dublin.

Want you want,and don't want is irrelevant.

Too many chip on the shoulder merchants,acting like they are members of the Natzi party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I saw what I saw.

Between 3k and 5k marching in Dublin and a crowd comprised of Sinn Fein / left voters.

It was not a disparate group. People waving Dublin GAA and smoking rolled cigarettes.

I don't mean to sound like Ross O'Carroll-Kelly but I'd say that the average income level and education level was pretty low.
    gandalf wrote: »
    Hmmm I think you saw what you wanted to see. I took part in the march and I do not fit the demographics you mention and neither did quite a number of the people around me marching.

Honestly , some of the posters ( Like Larry Wildman ) above must be on the wind-up . Some of the nasty insults directed at genuinely good people of good character who went on the march today is nothing short of deplorable tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

hmmm wrote: »
    hard to see where the freeloaders go after this.

Let's give the government a chance to respond, ok? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

I saw what I saw.

did you have a mensa test with you to put to them, did they refuse show you their bank accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

gladrags wrote: »
    Want you want,and don't want is irrelevant.

Too many chip on the shoulder merchants,acting like they are members of the Natzi party.

Water is charged and all of a sudden Hitler has a stanglehold on power once again. lol

Godwin's Law

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You forgot to count the other 30 or so protests around Dublin.

That's why I said the city centre ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nodster wrote: »

Ha ha very funny.
    I'd say the person who thanked him was Madcon as he thanks anything pro FG yet only has 5 posts to his name.:pac:

A really decent bunch.

Are you an IW employee or not?

Normal people there,what's your problem? Didn't know that protests are black tie affairs.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Normal people there,what's your problem? Didn't know that protests are black tie affairs.:rolleyes:

Look at them. These are the dregs of society. Throw in the unnecessary triclours and the average person will want nothing to do with them.

Look at them. These are the dregs of society. Throw in the unnecessary triclours and the average person will want nothing to do with them.

Why won't you answer the question?

Are you an IW employee or not?
    I can't post an intranet link so unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks.

C'mon... I know you don't have the balls to put your own name to your widely popular Facebook page for outing protesters, but at least have the balls to stand over what you said here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Ordinary decent people mainly, but not a cross section of society.

The people I saw were working class / lower working class. There's nothing wrong with that, but they do not represent the nation as a whole.

Who represents the nation,as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Certainly not 100-and-something-thousand-protesters as has been suggested.

The RNU in Dundalk are the main organisers of water protests. Only people know what sort of characters they are and meter installation continues locally without interruption. They have an inflated senses of their own importance.

Even when the government offers the pensioners money to buy chickens and turkeys they are not happy.

http://www.republicanunity.org/rnu-congratulate-people-of-dundalk-on-mass-protest-against-water-taxes/

Their response was to continue to insult the intelligence of the Irish people, by throwing crumbs at us under the guise of the recent budget. Their belief that reinstating a poultry Christmas bonus for Social welfare recipients would outweigh the introduction of this unfair and unjust tax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I'm just of the phone from family living abroad in Australia and Canada. Some of them are on Facebook and from their Facebook feeds, they are kinda glued in to events happening here at home. Anyways I told them that I was out protesting against water charges in the rain and got soaked. They had a great laugh at that news but gave support too and one of them said 'it's about time the Irish are rising'.

I'm just of the phone from family living abroad in Australia and Canada. Some of them are on Facebook and from their Facebook feeds, they are kinda glued in to events happening here at home. Anyways I told them that I was out protesting against water charges in the rain and got soaked. They had a great laugh at that news but gave support too and one of them said 'it's about time the Irish are rising'.

Any sign of the Australians and Canadians rising to challenge water charges?

More petty insults.Didn't know carrying the flag of the nation was something shameful.

All those people are "average persons".

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Er, our public representatives surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Should have just burned the bond holders when sinn fein told us, none of this would be happening now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement