Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Smidge wrote: »
    So where exactly did IW get all of these details then?

I don't know but mine was addressed to me and inside it had the details of my main residence and a property I own that's rented out, this makes me believe Revenue gave them the details from my income tax returns or something. It can't have been the local council as houses in different council areas. Will be contacting my tenants to see if their pack included my main residence details that is a huge breech if it's happened (IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

rameire wrote: »
    could be from here

The Register of Electors
    section of page
    The Electoral Register and direct marketing

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/elections_and_referenda/voting/registering_to_vote.html

In my case they didn't get it from there. I think it has to be the lpt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Got mine on Friday, sent it back this morning by registered post with a note attached explaining that I will not be entering any contract with them.

€180 million to set up.

€55k for a gym.

€7k bonuses on the way for staff..

They can f*** right off, I won't be paying to line a certain 'tax non dom's' pockets.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Got mine on Friday, sent it back this morning by registered post with a note attached explaining that I will not be entering any contract with them.

€180 million to set up.

€55k for a gym.

They can f*** right off, I won't be paying to line a certain 'tax non dom's' pockets.......
    typical priest..............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

€180 million to set up.

€55k for a gym.

Why not go the whole way and get them to disconnect your house from their supply? Then you can make your own contract with an alternative supplier.

• Advertisement

Why not go the whole way and get them to disconnect your house from their supply? Then you can make your own contract with an alternative supplier.

I have been paying all my working life through my taxes.

BTW, if only there was another 'supplier', talk about a monopoly......I'm sure there's some european law against that...

When eventually the water services in this banana republic are privatised, which they will be, and the service is far worse than it is, don't say you weren't warned.

When eventually the water services in this banana republic are privatised, which they will be, and the service is far worse than it is, don't say you weren't warned.

You really should drill a private well. The Freemen who told you to write No Contract on the form are leading you astray. You will have to pay if you want to keep using the mains water.

You really should drill a private well. The Freemen who told you to write No Contract on the form are leading you astray. You will have to pay if you want to keep using the mains water.

There's not a chance of them even finding my water main, they couldn't prove I'm on it if they tried.

The joys of living in the country.....

There's not a chance of them even finding my water main, they couldn't prove I'm on it if they tried.

The joys of living in the country.....

I hear they have set up a special team to track down the Freemen who send them back forms with No Contract. And they will be passing over those details to the Revenue for special checks on all their tax affairs. Big Phil ordered that before he went to Brussels.

• Advertisement

Anyway, I'll have some fun with them as we go along.

You guys pay up as much as you like, I'll look after myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You really should drill a private well. The Freemen who told you to write No Contract on the form are leading you astray.

It always comes back to the 'Freemen' when govt supporters run out of argument such a lazy response very predictable too.

As for leading people astray, who was it told us the lpt would be used for local services?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/490m-meant-for-local-services-diverted-to-irish-water-255608.html

You will have to pay ( again) if you want to keep using the mains water.

Fyp.

I hear they have set up a special team to track down the Freemen who send them back forms with No Contract. And they will be passing over those details to the Revenue for special checks on all their tax affairs. Big Phil ordered that before he went to Brussels.

Aaaaah 'special checks', they can check up on me as much as they want to, they can do an audit if they like.

Just received my TCC for the next 12 months, 2013 liability paid in full and 2014 preliminary fully up to date as are all VAT returns.

I don't mess with revenue......

Aaaaah 'special checks', they can check up on me as much as they want to, they can do an audit if they like.

Just received my TCC for the next 12 months, 2013 liability paid in full and 2014 preliminary fully up to date as are all VAT returns.

I don't mess with revenue......

TV licence inspector and dog warden will be round soon. I'd be very disappointed in your Freeman credentials if you are paying for these.

BTW, when they sent out their pack they sent it to my wife, in her maiden name even though we've been married for nearly 15 years.....

Where do these muppets get their info?

They can summon me or her to court and it'll be laughed out of it....

TV licence inspector and dog warden will be round soon. I'd be very disappointed in your Freeman credentials if you are paying for these.

ROTFL, how desperate are you now......

BTW, when they sent out their pack they sent it to my wife, in her maiden name even though we've been married for nearly 15 years.....

Where do these muppets get their info?

They can summon me or her to court and it'll be laughed out of it....

She is bleesed amongst women.

You do know, dxhound, that revenue are not in the business of collecting debts for private or semi private companies don't you?
    That threat is so hollow it's laughable.

She is bleesed amongst women.

Explain?

You do know, dxhound, that revenue are not in the business of collecting debts for private or semi private companies don't you?
    That threat is so hollow it's laughable.

I just made it up for a laugh, glad you appreciate it. The Freemen who told you to write No Contract are just making up stuff as well, gives me a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Letter arrived in my shared hallway. With the street address and a name that does not correspond to the landlord or anyone working in the shop below or living in any of the flats in my building.
    No idea how one can possibly proceed or how much I might be expected to pay considering there is no meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Big Phil also said that Irish Water can cut down the pressure to a trickle if the bill payer doesnt pay up.

But what he said was unconstitutional because the UN have declared water a human right meaning that you wont get cut off.

Thats Big Phil for you and now he has a cushy job in Brussels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10797988

I just made it up for a laugh, glad you appreciate it. The Freemen who told you to write No Contract are just making up stuff as well, gives me a good laugh.

I didn't write 'No contract'
    I wrote to tell them that I don't consent to enter into a contract with them.

Tell me this, would you enter into a legally binding contract with a company for a service that you're not sure of and where you were not given a contract price?

I didn't write 'No contract'
    I wrote to tell them that I don't consent to enter into a contract with them.

Tell me this, would you enter into a legally binding contract with a company for a service that you're not sure of and where you were not given a contract price?

Under what legally binding contract are you receiving a supply of potable water at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

I welcome water charges.

Like the rest of the pro side i'm happy to see that the old,the disabled,the sick,the poor and the unemployed will be paying their share.Means I have to pay less tax in the future

Friends and family in the Public sector are happy with the charges also,the way they see it is if there is more tax raised the better the chances they have of having some of their pay cuts restored.

Not a hope in hell they are getting my PPS number though.

In other news, I see the SF motion to reduce the lpt by 15% has been passed by Dublin city council, South County Dublin council and by Wicklow council this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

In other news, I see the SF motion to reduce the lpt by 15% has been passed by Dublin city council, South County Dublin council and by Wicklow council this evening.

Just Dublin?

Under what legally binding contract are you receiving a supply of potable water at present?

That's not the point, there is no contract because there is nobody to have a contract with.

Answer my question though, would you enter a contract with a company for a service when you haven't been told how much that service will cost you?

A yes or no will do.

Meantime, I'd suggest that you brush up on contract law.

Just Dublin?

Dublin city, south county and Wicklow.

That was tonight. Cork did earlier in the year also.

Also, Labour voted against the cuts on Dublin city motion, working mans party lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I welcome water charges.

Like the rest of the pro side i'm happy to see that the old,the disabled,the sick,the poor and the unemployed will be paying their share.Means I have to pay less tax in the future

Friends and family in the Public sector are happy with the charges also,the way they see it is if there is more tax raised the better the chances they have of having some of their pay cuts restored.

Not a hope in hell they are getting my PPS number though.

Ya reckon? I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

USC was supposed to be a "temporary" charge yet they're in no rush to end that one.

At best it'll be a "neutral" charge - what they take off in water bills they'll "give back" in a tax cut, but given how many seem to have fallen for the spin on this whole mess, the same people will probably think it's a great deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement