Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'll take a guess here, and say protestors are protesting about:

Details revealed yesterday confirm Irish Water’s operating costs between now and 2016 will cost twice the average amount for similar regional groups in England and Wales and 2.6 times the price of its Scottish equivalent.

And:
    Senior managers in Irish Water will get €420,000 for car allowances this year as the number of staff getting premium benefits continues to grow.
    Yea, I said that a few pages ago. Yet some posters seem to think it's Ok to believe everything they are told!
    Just like if we hold a referendum, and we say no......
    Ah feck that, sure we don't want that! Lets do it again!
    This time we will fool them.!
    Lets forget that the first referendum was the legal choice of the people, but hey.
    They don't count...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

VinLieger wrote: »
    If IW was not so quangoesque the protester's would have nothing beyond "I dont wanna pay for the water I use and want everyone else to foot the bill"

Another petty little remark from the circle jerk.

It's amazing the level of small-minded bitterness that pervades throughout the pro IW members on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

deco nate wrote: »
    And this is a semi state body?
    Or is this a private company??
    How can someone on a low income afford this?

A lot of people on here moan about us Irish not protesting and standing up for our self's we are weak spineless people ,
    Yet when we do we are idiots!
    Damed if you do, Damed if ya don't!! Wtf!!?

How have you sorted leaks on your property up till now? It's always been your own responsibility.

Irish water existing changes nothing, it gives you another option. to use them to fix leaks, at the cost they set. Just like a plumber can tell you when you ring that his call out charge is €500.

Oh so our water infrastructure doesn't lose 40% into the ground due to the gross mismanagement of the LA's? That's great everything is suddenly fixed

Another stupid sentence.

The more you post, the more ridiculous your words sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tony EH wrote: »
    Another stupid sentence.

The more you post, the more ridiculous your words sound.

Are you contesting the truth of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

This is just one of the many uninformed claims, or maybe just blatant lies, going about. The only way water conservation will result in increased prices will be if the conservation is to such an extent that demand for water is reduced to a point where IW can no longer benefit from the economy of scale. It won't happen. Even if it did, they increase in production cost would have to completely overshadow any savings made from repairing the network. Even if both these unlikely scenarios are met, the company still have to apply to the regulator and make a case that they have taken other steps to reduce their losses.

I mean just look at your last sentence in that quote. Is it going to a foreign company or paying back the loans? Why would a foreign company pay back our loans? You don't even understand what conspiracy you believe in and have mixed them together.

Taking the statement by every Government Minister /TD that its a case of Keeping it off Book and been able to borrow to infest in infrastructure..

When IW get these loans/borrow from international markets who is going to pay back the extra costs of these loans ...is it maybe going to be pass on to the customers ,And isn't it just a great coincidence that it will be around the time that the freeze/cap on prices finishes......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

If you think plumbers aren't going to take advantage of IW's farcical call out charge and jack up their prices, then you have another thing coming.

People will always look for opportunities but there is plenty of competition in the domestic plumbing market so those that do jack up their prices will soon find themselves with plenty of time on their hands. It was no different under telecom/electricians.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

This is just one of the many uninformed claims, or maybe just blatant lies, going about. The only way water conservation will result in increased prices will be if the conservation is to such an extent that demand for water is reduced to a point where IW can no longer benefit from the economy of scale. It won't happen. Even if it did, they increase in production cost would have to completely overshadow any savings made from repairing the network. Even if both these unlikely scenarios are met, the company still have to apply to the regulator and make a case that they have taken other steps to reduce their losses.

I mean just look at your last sentence in that quote. Is it going to a foreign company or paying back the loans? Why would a foreign company pay back our loans? You don't even understand what conspiracy you believe in and have mixed them together.
    We are already paying for our water now and we are going to be paying this company for it and the tax that we were always paying that went to water is going to our banking debt as the Troika agreement said we have to do this.Our masters in Europe want their cash back..
    If we conserve iw have said they’ll just up the price per litre is anyone so gullible as to think this is about water conservation.This is a profit company we have given power over our natural national resource of water.

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'll take a guess here, and say protestors are protesting about:

Details revealed yesterday confirm Irish Water’s operating costs between now and 2016 will cost twice the average amount for similar regional groups in England and Wales and 2.6 times the price of its Scottish equivalent.

And do you know are they operating in the same circumstances?

Does it cost the very same to run a company that's been going years as one that is just being set up? Are those companies faced with all the costs associated with a Victorian water system? Are they losing 40% of the water they clean and send out right from the get go which they now are tasked with sorting out?

I don't know what issues are facing the utility companies in the Uk. But that's why I don't make blanket comparisons with them....

Anyway , I thought the fact that most other countries charge for water is irrelevant to us? Funny how its ok to use other countries as part of arguments when it suits.

Are you contesting the truth of it?

It's your ability to add anything of consequence to the thread that's contested.

But, go ahead, keep rattling silly posts off. You and your IW Circle Jerk buddies are great entertainment.

:pac:

• Advertisement

People will always look for opportunities

So, you agree then. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Taking the statement by every Government Minister /TD that its a case of Keeping it off Book and been able to borrow to infest in infrastructure..

When IW get these loans/borrow from international markets who is going to pay back the extra costs of these loans ...is it maybe going to be pass on to the customers ,And isn't it just a great coincidence that it will be around the time that the freeze/cap on prices finishes......

Again, they will have to justify any increase to the regulator. If their investment in repairing their pipes has not resulted in a reduced operating cost there will have to be questions asked as to why it hasn't.
    We are already paying for our water now and we are going to be paying this company for it and the tax that we were always paying that went to water is going to our banking debt as the Troika agreement said we have to do this.Our masters in Europe want their cash back..
    If we conserve iw have said they’ll just up the price per litre is anyone so gullible as to think this is about water conservation.This is a profit company we have given power over our natural national resource of water.

Well done on not addressing a single point I raised. You've also neglected the fact that we have had a tax reduction this year and will have a bigger one next year.

It's your ability to add anything of consequence to the thread that's contested.

But, go ahead, keep rattling silly posts off. You and your IW Circle Jerk buddies are great entertainment.

:pac:

You stated anyone pro water charges people were constantly lying, I asked if you though the 40% loss figure that we need to fix through paying by usage was a lie and you have dodged that question 3 times now with veiled insult's and you say i'm not contributing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

So, you agree then. Well done.

Just ignore the rest of the post then, good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

How have you sorted leaks on your property up till now? It's always been your own responsibility.

Irish water existing changes nothing, it gives you another option. to use them to fix leaks, at the cost they set. Just like a plumber can tell you when you ring that his call out charge is €500.

Because now IW can say X amount, said plumbers will laugh at you, that's besides you miss quoting me

Edit for your benefit :Plenty of
    Reports of people calling and reporting leaks caused by IW, and they deny that it's thier fault from the meter to your house, why should it be mine yours or anyone's else to pay for there **** up? Just cause it's on your side does not mean it's your fault

Another petty little remark from the circle jerk.

It's amazing the level of small-minded bitterness that pervades throughout the pro IW members on this thread.

they seem to love FG more than the people FG are supposed to represent.:confused:

Because now IW can say X amount, said plumbers will laugh at you, that's besides you misky quoting me

Actually they can't they need permission from the energy regulator to approve any charges or fees

Just ignore the rest of the post then, good man.

The salient point was your first sentence and I agree, people WILL take advantage.

Eventually, the prices will even out.

Frankly, plumbers would be STUPID not to take advantage of the opportunity that IW has presented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Because now IW can say X amount, said plumbers will laugh at you, that's besides you miss quoting me

If I want to get my broadband connection moved to another part of the house my ISP will charge me €100 to drill a new hole and move the wire. I got a local electrician to do it for €30.

You stated anyone pro water charges people were constantly lying, I asked if you though the 40% loss figure that we need to fix through paying by usage was a lie and you have dodged that question 3 times now with veiled insult's and you say i'm not contributing anything?

Go on, keep posting.

Absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement

they seem to love FG more than the people FG are supposed to represent.:confused:

I don't love FG I just think they are the best of a bad bunch who have slowly pulled us out of what FF got us into.

I also don't approve of IW either I just think that we need to pay for water on a by use basis which is the fairest way to do it for everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

. I will judge them on their performance once they have been given a chance to get up and running.

Aren't you not one bit curious as to why they are paying bonuses even though in your own words not up & running yet?

Don't worry, not all Fine Gaelers are the same type that's on here.

I was marching with a whole family of lifetime FG voters on Saturday.

zerks wrote: »
    Aren't you not one bit curious as to why they are paying bonuses even though in your own words not up & running yet?

I agree the bonus's and other addons before they are even a year old are ridiculous but minus all that garbage would you have been prepared to let them get up and running?

If I want to get my broadband connection moved to another part of the house my ISP will charge me €100 to drill a new hole and move the wire. I got a local electrician to do it for €30.

Aw, Jazus, LCC, don't be talking sense. They don't want to hear how to live within their means. Rather come on internet forums and gripe about supposed charges. As a homeowner/renter of almost 40 years, I can only remember ONCE having to get someone in to fix a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

I don't love FG I just think they are the best of a bad bunch who have slowly pulled us out of what FF got us into.

I also don't approve of IW either I just think that we need to pay for water on a by use basis which is the fairest way to do it for everyone involved.

That would be pretty much my position too.

I only meant to quote the one line about people affording it tbh.

What has Iw's saying X amount got to do with anything? Their call out charge can be €1000 if they want , if you just use a different plumber, what does it matter?

Whats the plumber laughing about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

Aw, Jazus, LCC, don't be talking sense. They don't want to hear how to live within their means. Rather come on internet forums and gripe about supposed charges. As a homeowner/renter of almost 40 years, I can only remember ONCE having to get someone in to fix a leak.

His post didn't even make sense.

zerks wrote: »

What bonuses have been paid?

• Advertisement

If their investment in repairing their pipes

Well done on not addressing a single point I raised. You've also neglected the fact that we have had a tax reduction this year and will have a bigger one next year.

What investment I see nothing.And you can reread my post I owned your post with a answer.We are already paying for water and have done for years and now that cash is going to our debt and we are double paying for water and this company is getting to make profits off selling us our our national water.
    This 40 % crap wasting water is true and our governments have always wasted and mismanaged water and everything else but no plan has been mentioned to fix this by IW.The government is bleeding this country dry to pay back banking mistakes.House charges is a immoral tax to pay back bondholders.Have you not been here for austerity.Do you not know we are being raped of our wealth and our grandchildren will be paying this back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement