Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Free country sure, but if you allow "people" (dirt is more accurate) like that to associate with your movement that you can't be surprised with people associate your movement with dirt like him.

Only ignorant people.

And nobody really cares what "associations" they'll try to make.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You do not put stuff in the constitution about bloody utilities. There is enough superfluous stuff in there as it is about society that has nothing to do with structuring a republic.

Joe Costello or anyone else who suggests a referendum is a cretin.

Although I've suggested it myself I agree with you that is poor use of the constitution.
    How about legislation that specifies a minimum of 60% before it can be reversed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Tax the rich.that's people before profits stance.

God help us if these ever had any power.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Green shoots....
    I think you have been predicting the demise of this government 5 times a day from about 20 minutes after they get into power. I guess you have to be right eventually. :)

Out of curiosity, do you give any credit to the government for our economic recovery since they came to power? Or do you even acknowledge that there even has been a recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

There are other choices, including inflating our way out of it instead of more and more prohibitive austerity. You know that as well as Enda does

Have you run that one past the ECB, they might have a passing interest in your proposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

You do not put stuff in the constitution about bloody utilities. There is enough superfluous stuff in there as it is about society that has nothing to do with structuring a republic.

Joe Costello or anyone else who suggests a referendum is a cretin.

Utilities are the health and economic prosperity of the nation
    And as such should be embedded in the constitution

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

No its not. Its about not paying for water. http://www.right2water.ie/about

Theres nothing stopping you not getting mains water and fending for yourself, nothing at all. You wont be required to pay IW a penny.

Wrong, if you are connected to a main sewer, there is a charge for waste water disposal, and if you're not taking mains water, I am guessing that you will pay a flat fee for the use of the waste water service.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

I think you have been predicting the demise of this government 5 times a day from about 20 minutes after they get into power. I guess you have to be right eventually. :)

Out of curiosity, do you give any credit to the government for our economic recovery since they came to power? Or do you even acknowledge that there even has been a recovery?

The citizens of Ireland and the troika saved this country

hju6 wrote: »
    The citizens of Ireland and the troika saved this country
    So if a government has no effect then there's no point in replacing them with another one?

Maybe we could convert the Dáil in to a hotel? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

FG need to get their shyte together, fast. I, for one, don't want to live in a state governed by SF.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

If the system was working as it was originally intended to, then constitutional protection of utilities would not have been needed,

BUT, and it's a VERY BIG BUT, given the corruption, sleeveen politicians and the strokes that they've pulled in recent years, the people need some extra protection that has to be at a constitutional level in order to give us back some of the control that we thought we had.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

FG need to get their shyte together, fast. I, for one, don't want to live in a state governed by SF.

Don't worry. SF have no intention of going into government any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Free utilities for everyone yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Dare I say it but we are well and truly f**ked next election. Nobody there I want to give my vote to.

So if a government has no effect then there's no point in replacing them with another one?

Maybe we could convert the Dáil in to a hotel? :pac:

Or a place with a biased referee and a load of shouty idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dont know if anyone posted this yet but......

Water charges:

Milan €0.40 / 1000 litres

Athens €0.78 / 1000 litres

Madrid €0.99 / 1000 litres

Irish Water €4.88 / 1000 litres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Dare I say it but we are well and truly f**ked next election. Nobody there I want to give my vote to.

bar a few independents on the fringes, i feel the same.

to quote a famous Scottish junkie "its a shyte state of affairs to be in".

Free utilities for everyone yeah?

Please don't resort to embarrassing yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Smidge wrote: »

Water charges:

3 out of 4 of those countries arent known for excessive wetness.

3 out of 4 of those countries arent known for excessive wetness.

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,046 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Water charges:

What will be the effect of each house getting 30,000 litres before charging kicks in on that calculation. Or the effect of the capped charge which will apply for a period? Also why did you not include the cities which charge around the same or higher than €4.88. With no uncharged for allowance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Tax the rich.that's people before profits stance.

God help us if these ever had any power.

tax the water, thats the blue-shirt gombeen stance.

God help us etc........

Please don't resort to embarrassing yourself
    How about you just answer my question. What do you want to see in the constitution?

What will be the effect of each house getting 30,000 litres before charging kicks in on that calculation. Or the effect of the capped charge which will apply for a period? Also why did you not include the cities which charge around the same or higher than €4.88. With no uncharged for allowance?

Oh dx, dx, dx :)

London €1.63 / 1000 litres

Paris €2.16 / 1000 litres

Munich €2.26 / 1000 litres

3 of the MOST expensive cities in Europe to live in.

Would you like some blood to go with that? :p

Oh dx, dx, dx :)

London €1.63 / 1000 litres

Paris €2.16 / 1000 litres

Munich €2.26 / 1000 litres

3 of the MOST expensive cities in Europe to live in.

Would you like some blood to go with that? :p

What about the cities that charge more than €4.88? And can you work out the average charge per house for Ireland factoring in 30,000 litres for each house and 21,000 litres for each child taken off the bill. That will be a more accurate comparison.

What about the cities that charge more than €4.88? And can you work out the average charge per house for Ireland factoring in 30,000 litres for each house and 21,000 litres for each child taken off the bill. That will be a more accurate comparison.

Well I'll tell you what dx.....

YOU do a bit of research and tell ME who charges more than €4.88 per unit rather than being totally spurious.

Then we'll have a debate ;)

YOU do a bit of research and tell ME who charges more than €4.88 per unit rather than being totally spurious.

Taking the nominal value per litre without factoring in things like free allowance is being intellectually dishonest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What will be the effect of each house getting 30,000 litres before charging kicks in on that calculation.

The second charging or the first charging?

Taking the nominal value per litre without factoring in things like free allowance is being intellectually dishonest.

What the hell does that mean? Peculiar turn of phrase :confused:

Anyway, a debate works two ways....

I gave information, you give counter information. Then discuss.

• Advertisement

Before I do that could you find out what those charges for the cities you listed include. Are they for the supply of water only or the supply of water and the treatment of waste water? That is a very important factor. If a house in Ireland gets mains water but has their own septic tank they pay half. And if they use the public sewers but have their own well or are on a local group supply they pay half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement