Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

The majority will pay. It's even on the Poll on the top of this topic. No one WANTS to pay extra charges, but the majority will see the reasoning behind it and comply. (Though I really do worry for the wellbeing of the 25 deluded sould that think Kersplat is handsome)

The majority in the real world not a poll on a forum have not paid and have not sent back their water forms.Are you denying this fact?:confused:
    Why do you think the time to return things has been put back?Why do you think FG members like the one in Drogheda are leaving FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Why can't we just form a good new party instead of voting for the same cronies every couple of decades....?

Go on then. No-one's stoppong you....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Why can't we just form a good new party instead of voting for the same cronies every couple of decades....?

There are lots of them out there.

Eirigi, DDI, AAA, IDP to name a few.

the majority in the real world not a poll on a forum have not paid and have not sent back their water forms.Are you denying this fact?:confused:
    Why do you think the time to return things has been put back.Why do you think FG members like the one in Drogheda are leaving FG.

Do you know how many have registered their details online, which is the easiest way to do it? We believe in the region of 800,000.
    The time for registering was also extended in the HHC, so it wasn't unexpected.
    FG man leaving the party is just him knowing he won't be a FG candidate in the next GE, so he's going it alone.

Oh, Dear. Whatever happened to peaceful protest?
    I am not for peaceful protest.Never have been.Bertie should be flogged.:D
    People who vote for FF and FG who are as bad as each other and believing their lies then when it comes down to it they falter on promises thinking voting the same way and getting the same results and still doing it are the reason the country is FUBAR.If you keep doing the same thing and are still getting the same results how about trying something different!! Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results =insanity.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YV8dEz6d28U/UkEU0kI4yQI/AAAAAAAAhQ4/BnA7oXKuvcE/s640/insanity.png
    We believe
    Who is we are you Irish Water or FG???
    in the region of 800,000.
    I think you will see less have paid than not paid.Your counting returned forms but when you open them many have been spoiled.I see it in my job in the Postal Service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I think you will see less have paid than not paid.Your counting returned forms but when you open them many have been spoiled.I see it in my job in the Postal Service.

You open other people's mail?

I think you will see less have paid than not paid.
    No one has paid as no invoice has issued
    when you open them many have been spoiled.I see it in my job in the Postal Service.
    Stop opening peoples post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

The majority will pay. It's even on the Poll on the top of this topic. No one WANTS to pay extra charges, but the majority will see the reasoning behind it and comply. (Though I really do worry for the wellbeing of the 25 deluded souls that think Kersplat is handsome)
    dream on...I take you were not at any of the marches last Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I would hunt the Bankers and Cowen and Bertie with a harpoon.I will pay my water charge if I am allowed put them up against a wall and punish them for selling us down the river and treason.

Why is it that so many of your kind delight in the prospect of violence. Do you not see how badly it weakens your argument, especially when you generally use the same posts to give out about government bully boy tactics? You need a soapbox rather than a discussion forum. You rarely address a single point put to you and generally respond with some over the top cliche slogan about the little people. Yourself and Freetv are doing more to weaken the anti meter argument than any pro IW poster could.

You open other people's mail?

no contract and no consent written on the envelope among other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

oceanman wrote: »
    dream on...I take you were not at any of the marches last Saturday?

Not all those marching were against the concept of water charges themselves . You only have to look back on this thread to see that.

Why is it that so many of your kind

what is my kind?

what is my kind?

Mail tampering An Post staff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

what is my kind?

Pro-violence, anti establishment soap boxers.

No one has paid as no invoice has issued

And how can you then say people WILL pay.
    Stop opening peoples post.
    I am not people are saying all over the net and it has been reported in papers who did surveys people are sending back spoiled water forms AND A MILLION HOMES HAVE NOT EVEN RETURNED THEM AT ALL..And I see it on the envelope that people are writing F U on the envelope to IW and no contract no consent.

Pro-violence, anti establishment soap boxers.

If FF and FG who have sold this country and are corrupt are the establishment you worship then lets have accountability and purge these fecking liars and treacherous traitors form our society in a revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,061 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If FF and FG who have sold this country and are corrupt are the establishment you worship then lets have accountability and purge these fecking liars and treacherous traitors form our society in a revolution.

Of you go comrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

no contract and no consent written on the envelope among other things.

If I was IW and received a form saying no contract no consent I would send out the Water Meter Wardens and disconnect the supply of anyone that said no contract no consent or something similar. I would take their returned incomplete form as a declaration that they don't require water from the public supply and disconnect them accordingly. Simple

geeksauce wrote: »
    If I was IW and received a form saying no contract no consent I would send out the Water Meter Wardens and disconnect the supply of anyone that said no contract no consent or something similar. I would take their returned incomplete form as a declaration that they don't require water from the public supply and disconnect them accordingly. Simple

do that to a million homes and see what happens to the leaders and IW.Maybe I will get my revolution hahahaaaakkee:) Sorry a more evil laugh is required Muhahaa

Who here words for FG or IW.?

do that to a million homes and see what happens to the leaders and IW.Maybe I will get my revolution hahahaaaakkee:) Sorry a more evil laugh is required Muhahaa

Who here words for FG or IW.?

Wouldn't have to do it to anything like a million homes, make an example of a small few people and the rest will fall into line.

• Advertisement

It is understood Irish Water may be given permission to hike the price of water if demand is lower than expected.
    The Commission for Energy Regulation is considering the move, if it was deemed necessary to meet the costs incurred by the company in running the network.
    It has also emerged that the water charge may rise in times of drought or other shortages.
    So much for conservation of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

what is my kind?

Someone who's understanding of politics and economics extends only so far as what can be scrawled on a placard.

So much for conservation of water.

This was debunked months ago

Wouldn't have to do it to anything like a million homes, make an example of a small few people and the rest will fall into line.

It is illegal to cut water as it is against human rights.You will not get your pleasure this time.You want kids to go without basic human rights as their parents cant afford to pay this??Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,154 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That would be the task of the County Council staff who work on behalf of Irish Water for issues on the ground, other than meter installation.

Since the County Council staff have said they will not disconnect private homes from the mains if instructed, I'm not sure what IW would turn to next.

The crux of the issue is IW have no teeth, no means to threaten or coerce, no trump card. The charge is the easiest thing in the world to ignore.

VinLieger wrote: »
    This was debunked months ago

where

where

Trying to find relevant article now

It is illegal to cut water as it is against human rights.

Geneva convention?
    Or
    European Declaration on human rights?

Or... Just assumed?

It is illegal to cut water as it is against human rights.You will not get your pleasure this time.You want kids to go without basic human rights as their parents cant afford to pay this??Shocking.

Seriously, what is with the dramatics. As I said I would take the parents declarations of no contract no consent as them stating in writing that they do not want to be supplied with water by Irish Water. If the parents want to ensure their kids have water then they will need to complete the forms and pay for the water they use, it's quite a simple concept, it's also a shame that this needed to be explained to you twice given its simplicity.

• Advertisement

Bojack do you not know we have a right to drinking water?Do I have to get the finger puppets out for you to explain things to you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement