Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

geeksauce wrote: »
    Seriously, what is with the dramatics. As I said I would take the parents declarations of no contract no consent as them stating in writing that they do not want to be supplied with water by Irish Water. If the parents want to ensure their kids have water then they will need to complete the forms and pay for the water they use, it's quite a simple concept, it's also a shame that this needed to be explained to you twice given its simplicity.

it is illegal to cut the water off fully.Google human rights.These people have votes you know.They will get revenge soon when elections come around.The party that abolished this gets the vote from the majority.You will see.:rolleyes:Why are you getting pleasure from stopping people having drinking water as they are too poor to pay this extra bill.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Bojack do you not know we have a right to drinking water?Do I have to get the finger puppets out for you to explain things to you?

Show us where it is set out, in law or otherwise, that you have a right to potable water pumped to your home free of charge.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Trying to find relevant article now

hopefully not from your FG handbook.I believe nothing from FG.They lie.

Show us where it is set out, in law or otherwise, that you have a right to potable water pumped to your home free of charge.

we have been paying for water always it has never been ''free'':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

it is illegal to cut the water off fully.Google human rights.These people have votes you know.They will get revenge soon when elections come around.The party that abolished this gets the vote from the majority.You will see.:rolleyes:Why are you getting pleasure from stopping people having drinking water as they are too poor to pay this extra bill.?

How do you come to the conclusion that I get pleasure from stopping people having drinking water as they are too poor to pay this extra bill?

I for one don't know anyone too poor to pay this extra bill, the people I know that have sent back their forms incomplete or with some nonsense such as no contract no consent, claim they are too poor, however in reality they just don't want to have to pay for a service. They are the ones that have spent their whole lives with their hands out, taking their SW payments, Council Houses etc. now they are being asked to pay for a service they are up in arms. No more free rides.

• Advertisement

Right so you cant actually back up your claims then.

Some people pay for it. Many do not. I'll remove the financial aspect from it and ask a very simple question. If you cannot answer it don't bother responding.

Where is it set out, in law or otherwise, that we have a right to potable water pumped to our door?

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-councillor-facebook-rainwater-1759765-Nov2014/
    Fine Gael councillor apologises for telling protesters to collect rainwater and drink it

Laura McGonigle made the remarks on her private Facebook account at the weekend.

48 minutes ago 7,866 Views 67 Comments Share Tweet Email10
    A FINE GAEL councillor has issued an apology for saying that water charges protesters should collect rainwater while out marching and drink it for a week.
    Laura McGonigle, a Cork city councillor, made the remarks on her personal Facebook account at the weekend.
    The comments were made as tens of thousands of people took to the streets around the country, including in Cork, to protest against Irish Water and the introduction of water charges.
    The comments were subsequently deleted from her account but several screenshots have been circulating on social media today:
    FG the party of the people.So out of touch.This water charge will break them and they will be out of government soon.

geeksauce wrote: »
    How do you come to the conclusion that I get pleasure from stopping people having drinking water as they are too poor to pay this extra bill?

I for one don't know anyone too poor to pay this extra bill, the people I know that have sent back their forms incomplete or with some nonsense such as no contract no consent, claim they are too poor, however in reality they just don't want to have to pay for a service. They are the ones that have spent their whole lives with their hands out, taking their SW payments, Council Houses etc. now they are being asked to pay for a service they are up in arms. No more free rides.

Go to St Vincent De Paul if you think there is no poverty in Ireland and see for yourself.So now you are saying every body not paying this tax are on the dole?Ever go to a march and see that people from all walks of life are protesting.You may have a hatred for dole bums and I agree it is a disgrace the way some people abuse the system but for you to throw every person into that bracket is wrong.1 million homes cant be all lazy people asking for a free ride.You are over generalising.Young people in negative equity who work are paying so much already due to austerity and people are moving abroad to find work.The people have suffered enough and now you want to see them drinking rain water in puddles.

Go to St Vincent De Paul if you think there is no poverty in Ireland and see for yourself.So now you are saying every body not paying this tax are on the dole?Ever go to a march and see that people from all walks of life are protesting.You may have a hatred for dole bums and I agree it is a disgrace the way some people abuse the system but for you to throw every person into that bracket is wrong.1 million homes cant be all lazy people asking for a free ride.You are over generalising.

Where did I throw everyone into that bracket? You can quote me where I said it.

• Advertisement

It is illegal to cut water as it is against human rights.You will not get your pleasure this time.You want kids to go without basic human rights as their parents cant afford to pay this??Shocking.

It can be turned down to a trickle and there is no limit on how low that trickle can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

So the people living on the streets , where do they get their water from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,061 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

where

Not able to find the article but as it stand's any request for an increase has to go through the energy regulator and is not something IW can do on a whim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-councillor-facebook-rainwater-1759765-Nov2014/

FG the party of the people.So out of touch.This water charge will break them and they will be out of government soon.

I think you are right. They have coasted through the last few years following FF policy while making blunder after blunder. Enda has been the worst Taoiseach and leader since 1922.

Sinn Fein will benefit bigtime but in my opinion there is huge scope for a new political party to clean up on all the anger out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Bojack do you not know we have a right to drinking water?Do I have to get the finger puppets out for you to explain things to you?

C'mon Lucy.

As a human rights scholar you know that such conventions don't have to include "to the tap" supply.

Putting a water pump in the market square fills that obligation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

It can be turned down to a trickle and there is no limit on how low that trickle can be.

It will not be a major problem for householders to reverse this .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I think you are right. They have coasted through the last few years following FF policy while making blunder after blunder. Enda has been the worst Taoiseach and leader since 1922.

Sinn Fein will benefit bigtime but in my opinion there is huge scope for a new political party to clean up on all the anger out there.

Ah yes , decisions made in anger are always the best ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In the last three pages we have heard phrases like

'fall into line'

'i dont know anyone to poor to'

And a number of silly-isms.

Its quite clear that these lines roll out in droves, So its like ye lads travel in bands together mashing out a few lines of incoherence for effect.

But you will be the same guys coming back crying tears when a water bill lands on your doorstep from Neuvo Irish Water Capital Investments in a few years time for 800 Euro alongside your still existing USC and your property tax.

And you will still be FG flag waving. If it wasnt so sadistic i mean you would have to wonder about some people.

Or perhaps you wont have to worry theres a striking feeling that much of the posting is coming from Leinster House, enjoy my pension money lads. Hope it makes you sleep soundly.

papu wrote: »

Like which ones, The ones that Joan Rushes through ? How about Phil Hogan, No no wait Pat Rabbitte the little cheeky git on his last day.

What about those swifty angry putting my stamp on things decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

listermint wrote: »
    But you will be the same guys coming back crying tears when a water bill lands on your doorstep from Neuvo Irish Water Capital Investments in a few years time for 800 Euro

That depends on 2 things Lister.

- Will Sinn Fein get into power.
    - if so will they follow through on their commitment to privatise IW

Big decisions for the voters ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not able to find the article but as it stand's any request for an increase has to go through the energy regulator and is not something IW can do on a whim

Maybe I'm open to correction but is the energy regulators job now defunct? This was discussed on the radio the other day when energy prices were being talked about.There is no one major player in the market so Bord Gais (who own IW) are no longer subject to regulation.

That depends on 2 things Lister.

- Will Sinn Fein get into power.
    - if so will they follow through on their commitment to privatise IW

Big decisions for the voters ahead.

Id have Sinn Fein in a power share, my FF FG and Labour votes of the past have all been wasted. There is the same corrupt little state existing here. If something fresh is tried then so be it.

Id welcome the change. FF FG and Labour are doing no better. I dont know why the constant line that the flip flip between the two major parties is helping / had helped the nation.

It hasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe I'm open to correction but is the energy regulators job now defunct? This was discussed on the radio the other day when energy prices were being talked about.There is no one major player in the market so Bord Gais (who own IW) are no longer subject to regulation.
    Plenty of open markets still have and require a regulator (COMREG, for example).

I'm not sure how the emergence of more players in the energy market makes a regulator defunct? If anything there's an argument that open markets require even stiffer regulation than closed ones; our banking crisis is a good example of why.

Id have Sinn Fein in a power share, my FF FG and Labour votes of the past have all been wasted. There is the same corrupt little state existing here. If something fresh is tried then so be it.

Id welcome the change. FF FG and Labour are doing no better. I dont know why the constant line that the flip flip between the two major parties is helping / had helped the nation.

It hasnt.

To be fair I do think FG are doing an awful lot better job than FF did over the past number of years, granted that wouldn't be too hard at all given how FF ran the country into the ground anyone could do a better job. It is quite hard for me to admit that as I have never been a fan of FG and in particular Enda Kenny, however they have in fairness made some tough decisions that were required to fix the mess left by FF.

Although, in saying that the way they have handled this IW thing is a complete and utter shambles and has done them no favours whatsoever. Despite all of this though I will never ever in my whole life waste any of my votes on any Sinn Fein candidate.

In saying that I would in a way like to see SF in power after the next election just to watch how they destroy the economy a la FF.

So the people living on the streets , where do they get their water from?
    BEGGING :rolleyes: AND CHARITIES!

Irish Water Will Sue For Breach Of Contract – Erm, Really ?

Posted on November 1, 2014 by Admin D
    imagesLast night on RTE Irish Water’s communications officer (cough cough) was telling the viewing public that if people didn’t pay their water bills they would be taken to court.

This is fear propaganda.

It says in Irish Water’s own documents they cannot deduct money from source nor cut off supply but must attempt to recover monies by enforcement of contract through normal court procedures.

So they must go to court and prove you are in breach of a contract under contract law before they can get a civil judgement against you. To do this they must first prove they have a contract with you, declared or implied.

This is going to be very difficult if, as we suggest, you make it very clear and unambiguous that you do not wish to be in a contract with Irish Water. Not only would it be extremely difficult to prove, it would be foolish to attempt to bring before a court as it fails on the most basic tenets of jurisdiction.

So stand firm and know your rights. Don’t be scared by the propaganda machine.

Nor should you be fooled by the ever increasing amounts of water credit the government is offering. A new flat €100 “for everyone in the audience” is now being mooted. Remember €100 off €500 still means you pay and extra 400 over what you already pay in tax for water.

This is merely a trick to get you to contract with them. Once you are signed up the allowances can evaporate, the water charges can rise, and the company can be sold off to a foreign banks and pension funds in the same way UK water companies have been

• Registered Users Posts: 21,046 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It hasnt.

The flip flop stopped between 1997 and 2011 when we had FF plus a minor party for 14 years. The reason that Bertie was able to win three elections was because of his popular policies

Whichever party comes up with the most popular policies in 2016 will win. Currently it is Sinn Fein with their plan to abolish property tax and water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

In the last three pages we have heard phrases like

'fall into line'

'i dont know anyone to poor to'

And a number of silly-isms.

Its quite clear that these lines roll out in droves, So its like ye lads travel in bands together mashing out a few lines of incoherence for effect.

But you will be the same guys coming back crying tears when a water bill lands on your doorstep from Neuvo Irish Water Capital Investments in a few years time for 800 Euro alongside your still existing USC and your property tax.

And you will still be FG flag waving. If it wasnt so sadistic i mean you would have to wonder about some people.

Or perhaps you wont have to worry theres a striking feeling that much of the posting is coming from Leinster House, enjoy my pension money lads. Hope it makes you sleep soundly.

Tinfoil hat time for me :D

But it would be interesting if we tried to adopt Vincent Brown's thing on his debates ,,,
    Where people would have to declare any political affiliations or alliances before they speak post.

Any response to my question Lucy?

Any response to my question Lucy?

Mine too Lucy

• Advertisement

Yeah like voting in FG was in revenge for what FF did.The only problem is FG are the same corrupt jobs for the boys liars that FF are.:pac:

Maybe we should vote Independents and Shinners as FG and FF have never provided a good government.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement