Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭listermint

papu wrote: »
    no , they already have provisions in place to be able to draw money from the government if they run a loss , IW will be funded one way or another.

Not if the bloated hulk of middlemanagement mess ceases to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

listermint wrote: »
    Not if the bloated hulk of middlemanagement mess ceases to exist.

This is getting a bit tedious..
    Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Mr Coveney said: "There's one certainty, and that's that Irish Water won't be scrapped."Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Pretty pathetic grounds to demand a resignation for.

Pretty pathetic comments by the lady in question would you not agree ?
    I expect you will retort with your usual BS !

Thanks in advance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Stargate wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic comments by the lady in question would you not agree ?
    I expect you will retort with your usual BS !

Thanks in advance .

I don't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

VinLieger wrote: »
    No actually im quite mystified, going back through this thread as it's been posted here before im sure, but i can assure you the regulator needs to be consulted on any price change.

Nothing new there.

The regulator consistently increases prices for companies,after consultation.

There is no guarantee he will not do likewise for FG cronies.

• Advertisement

I don't agree.

Just shows how detached you are just as the present Government seem to be from the people right now , but the day is coming soon when that will end bigtime.

The moneypot is empty

Enough is really enough .

[QUOTE=Lucy and Harry;92883554
    Shinners according to polls are in front if there was a election in the morning.
    [/QUOTE]
    Shinners were in front of Paul Murphy until the final count, might have been 6 counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Just shows how detached you are just as the present Government seem to be from the people right now , but the day is coming soon when that will end bigtime.

The moneypot is empty

Enough is really enough .

I think you're a bit delusional, things will never change. Instead of complaining on boards why not start a campaign with meetings to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

This post has been deleted.

Yeah cos that'd much more technically feasible. :pac:

Some of you lads are on the wind up.

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I think you're a bit delusional, things will never change. Instead of complaining on boards why not start a campaign with meetings to stop it.

That old famous word " delusional " , well done ! 10 out of 10 .
    That gave me a good ole laugh . Thanks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Shinners were in front of Paul Murphy until the final count, might have been 6 counts?

The arrogance of FG and Labour will see the end of them just like the arrogance of FF saw them beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

That old famous word " delusional " , well done ! 10 out of 10 .
    That gave me a good ole laugh . Thanks :rolleyes:

No bother lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Not sure what it has to do with the topic and tbh i don't begrudge him a way to be on social media to stay in touch with his friends without being under scrutiny all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

What's the issue with this? Seems perfectly sensible, and exactly what I would expect public figures to do. No relevance to the discussion at hand anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The arrogance of FG and Labour will see the end of them just like the arrogance of FF saw them beaten.

And yet FF are set to make up the next government...

Not if things keep going the way they are.
    No relevance to the discussion at hand anyway
    Yes it does as some people here have been accused of being FG or IW agents with a agenda.The way some people think the sun shines out of FG behinds and see nothing negative about IW and call the protesters a ''mob''.People defending a FG woman saying people can drink rain water for a week.And people wanting water to be cut for people who cant afford to pay.Very suspicious.

Yes it does as some people here have been accused of being FG or IW agents with a agenda.The way some people think the sun shines out of FG behinds and see nothing negative about IW and call the protesters a ''mob''.

How is him having a private social media account negative? He may be an elected official but he is also entitled to some small semblance of a private life as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Yes it does as some people here have been accused of being FG or IW agents with a agenda.The way some people think the sun shines out of FG behinds and see nothing negative about IW and call the protesters a ''mob''.

What?

How is him having a private social media account negative? He may be an elected official but he is also entitled to some small semblance of a private life as well

You are missing the point on purpose.The point is he could be one of you spouting FG propaganda.Irish water has been a disaster and you know it.Another double tax.

• Advertisement

Yes it does as some people here have been accused of being FG or IW agents with a agenda.The way some people think the sun shines out of FG behinds and see nothing negative about IW and call the protesters a ''mob''.People defending a FG woman saying people can drink rain water for a week.And people wanting water to be cut for people who cant afford to pay.Very suspicious.

People who won't pay. There is a difference.

What about the ones who cant pay.Can they and their kids drink rain water.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,972 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Mr Coveney said: "There's one certainty, and that's that Irish Water won't be scrapped."Source

Coveney could go himself if he doesn't mind his constituents ;)

What about the ones who cant pay.Can they and their kids drink rain water.

The poor should always be protected.
    Those who can afford to pay should , I don't think anyone is arguing that those who can't actually afford be disconnect , jailed , put on a trickle pressure etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

No actually im quite mystified, going back through this thread as it's been posted here before im sure, but i can assure you the regulator needs to be consulted on any price change.

So tell us Vin,if there is 100% compliance next year on the metered/assessed charges how much will this raise?

How much will IW need each year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

So tell us Vin,if there is 100% compliance next year on the metered/assessed charges how much will this raise?

Impossible to say. You'd have to know what repairs would be made to the network, how much conservation would occur by users and what changes are to be made to the collection and purification process if any. And that's aside from any internal factors such as redundancies and bonuses and all the rest.

www.neurope.eu/.../commission-... water privatisation for countries receiving bailout
    www.greens-efa.eu/bail-out-cou... by water privateers
    www.cppc.ie/water-metering-wat... privatization

Are you all happy with privatisation of our water.

and bonuses and all the rest.
    Irish Water love their bonuses aye

You are missing the point on purpose.The point is he could be one of you spouting FG propaganda.Irish water has been a disaster and you know it.Another double tax.

And you could be paul murphy for all we know..... take off your tinfoil hat FFS

www.neurope.eu/.../commission-... water privatisation for countries receiving bailout
    www.greens-efa.eu/bail-out-cou... by water privateers
    www.cppc.ie/water-metering-wat... privatization

Are you all happy with privatisation of our water.

Irish Water love their bonuses aye

When has it been Privatized?

• Advertisement

How could I possibly know that? All I said was that the energy regulator has to approve any increase in price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement