Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even the Irish Times are rounding on their beloved FG. The state of affairs is very bad for FG. Fintan O'Toole is correct. We are becoming ungovernable. Who do we turn to after this mess? There is nobody worth the vote.

We had FF who ran the place into the ground.FG/Labour came along and promised change but continued the same jobs for the boys/cute hoorism.They cannot take credit for getting the country on it's feet again,that lies with the Troika who told them exactly what to do.
    Nobody trusts Sinn Fein or Independents so as you say,who's left? Set up a new party with the few decent skins remaining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

zerks wrote: »
    We had FF who ran the place into the ground.FG/Labour came along and promised change but continued the same jobs for the boys/cute hoorism.They cannot take credit for getting the country on it's feet again,that lies with the Troika who told them exactly what to do.
    Nobody trusts Sinn Fein or Independents so as you say,who's left? Set up a new party with the few decent skins remaining?

Yeah but who are these few decent skins? There aren't many if any, just a few people spouting populist nonsense in order to get elected, and are the ones that you wouldn't trust to manage the finances of your average home in Ireland never mind the nations finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

papu wrote: »
    Where does Jack get his information? Where does he buy his crystal ball from?

I'm pretty sure the Box said PPS on the application form , it was pretty clear.

people who refused to give details are now seeing IW go behind their backs.Do you deny this. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-water-asks-council-to-supply-names-and-addresses-of-council-tenants-649727.html Take the FG IW hat off just once and tell me IW are not being sly and are also breaking data protection act.This type of company is what you believe can be trusted with our precious water.Why are you so pro IW when they have made f-up after f-up.I also think the cash they are asking for is too much from people who have Xmas coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

In this day and age it shouldn't be difficult to set up a new party with liberal centre right leanings. I'm sure there are plenty of accountants, economists, lawyers, medical professionals, project managers, analysts etc all dissillusioned with the state of our political system who would be willing to help their country out and reform it and get it working properly and fair for all. No schoolteachers please:pac:

With the age of social media funding shouldn't be a problem and I am sure that there is plenty of appetite. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet albeit the new party's that have cropped up seem ineffective or have too much history attached to them i.e Reform Alliance (looking at Creighton and Healy-Eames in particular). A brand new start is badly needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

sign_out wrote: »
    if the state didnt sell ESB , why are they likely to sell irish water

is it a case of " i feel it in me waters " that they might

this is why... and it's happening worldwide.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/water-managementprivatizationworldbankgroupifc.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Aljazeera...
    Really..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

This is one conspiracy I well believe!

Aljazeera...
    Really..?

what does it matter? its one of many articles saying the same thing.. all easily found with your magical google machine.

and its not coincidence that JPMorgan's already own sth west water in the UK.. where average yearly prices are over £700.

but yea, focus on the source rather than the story.

geeksauce wrote: »
    Yeah but who are these few decent skins? There aren't many if any, just a few people spouting populist nonsense in order to get elected, and are the ones that you wouldn't trust to manage the finances of your average home in Ireland never mind the nations finances.

well I do not trust FG or PhoneJoan at Labour when they will not listen to the majority of the people.They have shown utter contempt for the serfs and peasants.

Anyhow lets do as you want us to do and keep voting the same way and get the same crap results we had for 100 years.FF AND FG are both rubbish.
    Maybe we need to expect more from our leaders and maybe we will get more then.Instead of taking it lying down like you want with no protests and just voting for FF and FG as that is all we Irish deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

In this day and age it shouldn't be difficult to set up a new party with liberal centre right leanings. I'm sure there are plenty of accountants, economists, lawyers, medical professionals, project managers, analysts etc all dissillusioned with the state of our political system who would be willing to help their country out and reform it and get it working properly and fair for all. No schoolteachers please:pac:

With the age of social media funding shouldn't be a problem and I am sure that there is plenty of appetite. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet albeit the new party's that have cropped up seem ineffective or have too much history attached to them i.e Reform Alliance (looking at Creighton and Healy-Eames in particular). A brand new start is badly needed

Absolutely agree. There is huge scope for a new clean party. The likes of Healy Screams and Creighton will just create more of the same.

• Advertisement

.I know its mad to say but I would like the best most educated people from FG and Labour and FF and Shinners and Independents to be voted for then we just give them jobs and forget about all following their former parties and just work for the people and not worry about weather FG or FF are doing well.Hire the best in the country we all hear we are meant to have great education and colleges well where are these people.Why do we end up with sons of former party members and jobs for the boys.The old ahh my father voted FF so I have to is fubar.We get the same crap leaders.We the people of Ireland deserve better.

But what about the friends and relations of those already in power,you hardly expect them to get proper jobs where they actually have to do some honest,decent work.:rolleyes::pac:
    The FG cheerleaders would hate to see a change of the magnitude you suggest.How would they get their friends onto boards of companies such as IW then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Absolutely agree. There is huge scope for a new clean party. The likes of Healy Screams and Creighton will just create more of the same.

Shudder. Imagine the right wing catholic slant Creighton would bring!! Regressing us several decades.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

This company was never set up to improve Irelands water system, it was set up with the sole purpose of lining the pockets of DO'B and all the usual suspects.
    Jack O'Connor admitted yesterday that IW will be sold quickly as soon as it's up and running but that nobody in government had the guts to admit this.

and based on personal experience, I'd trust anything that SIPTU says about as much as I trust what the politicians are saying.

SIPTU would be delighted to have IW privatised, a real monopoly company, that will never have competition, in the private sector, they'd have a field day, all manner of restrictive practices, special allowances and expenses, and all the other things that they are so good at screwing out of situations that suit them. Think back to the days just before Telecom Eireann was sold off.

Most of the IW staff are semi state union sheep, one BAAAAAA from O'connor and they all come running, imagine if the company they are working for is making profits, the cries for better terms and conditions would be unstoppable.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Aljazeera...
    Really..?

Would you rather one of O' Briens media outlets as a source? That might suit you better with their spin on things.

Would you rather one of O' Briens media outlets as a source? That might suit you better with their spin on things.

You believe the Oil Rich ruling family of Qatar is any more trustworthy?
    Surely they have no agendas. :rolleyes:

so out of interest, which news source would you believe if they ran a story about banks buying up water?

here's the guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/oct/10/2

ny times

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/business/worldbusiness/09iht-09water.7810775.html?_r=0

irish examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/yourview/water-is-a-vital-public-utility-not-a-private-commodity-for-flush-bankers-291482.html

do i need to continue?

Once plans are drawn up to sell IW we can go down this route. I'll be out on the streets myself.

But there are no plans to sell so....
    do i need to continue?

The Taoiseach Enda Kenny has ruled out holding a referendum to prevent the sell-off of Irish Water in the future.
    In an interview with independent.ie at the WebSummit in Dublin, Mr Kenny says the Coalition plans to introduce stronger legislation preventing privatisation of the utility.
    The Taoiseach in the meantime has opened the Nasdaq stock exchange from the Web Summit floor.
    Meanwhile, the Cabinet is expected to sign off on a number of decisions outlining changes to water charges at next week's meeting.
    Well there it is then from the ''leaders'' mouth.You guys still think IW is not being set up to be a private company. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/taoiseach-rules-out-referendum-to-halt-sale-of-irish-water-649762.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

• Advertisement

What have you against Arabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Well there it is then from the ''leaders'' mouth.You guys still think IW is not being set up to be a private company.

Anyone who thought otherwise was a fool.

It's an asset that would be sold down the line to raise money to shore up our rising debt.

Once plans are drawn up to sell IW we can go down this route. I'll be out on the streets myself.

But there are no plans to sell so....
    do i need to continue?

well hopefully you will take to the streets if it happens. we will need everybody available to stop a corporation like morgan getting their way. there's certainly NO amount of enda kennys that will be able to stop it happening.

The Taoiseach Enda Kenny has ruled out holding a referendum to prevent the sell-off of Irish Water in the future.
    In an interview with independent.ie at the WebSummit in Dublin, Mr Kenny says the Coalition plans to introduce stronger legislation preventing privatisation of the utility.
    The Taoiseach in the meantime has opened the Nasdaq stock exchange from the Web Summit floor.
    Meanwhile, the Cabinet is expected to sign off on a number of decisions outlining changes to water charges at next week's meeting.

Do you not understand the bolded word?

Well there it is then from the ''leaders'' mouth.You guys still think IW is not being set up to be a private company.

i love that little quote in your post :)

he may aswell have said that ireland wont be selling sweets anymore.. while opening up a candy store.

so why no referendum? why not make it 100% certain in the constitution.

is it because he knows the government's position would be slaughtered in the results?

sure if it goes against him he can always call a 2nd or 3rd referendum until we submit.

bolded words arent worth the computer screen they're typed on.

Originally Posted by papu View Post
    I will bring you to the one on the 10th and help you make a banner lol.
    (Papu says Fapu to Irish Water)Getting my crayons out now.
    legislation does not exist.They can go private if they want.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/taoiseach-rules-out-referendum-to-halt-sale-of-irish-water-649762.html

Good man Enda, not even entertaining the idea of a referendum :rolleyes:

mzungu wrote: »

:D he's some joker.

no we wont be having a referendum.. sure would ye all not just trust us to look after things?

• Advertisement

Our voice does not matter to Enda he does not represent us he is too pally with the EU and IW.

http://joehiggins.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/enda+kenny+sarkozy+body+language.jpg please don't hit me I am a good Euro boy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement