Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,475 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have a great way to reduce the borrowing - take the €60billion of private banking debt out of our national debt! I believe we are spending €2 billion a year to service that €60billion!

I agree with you.

But the I B R C promissory notes 30b n of debt have been converted into regular public debt, so impossible to default on the banking related debt now.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Received an E-mail from a friend in Davos --

"Has Enda Kenny and the Irish Government now gone mad too?
    Must be something in the water".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So now the Irish Water brigade are protesting Garda Stations... Real bunch of intelligent people there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So now the Irish Water brigade are protesting Garda Stations... Real bunch of intelligent people there...

Gardai have been acting like a private security firm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

They've only been doing their job...

Morag wrote: »

Would serve her right if she did something so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You know what, i'll take the ban. **** off. You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The "peaceful" brigade are anything but, otherwise the Gardaí would not be required. And now, people are attacking the stations, stopping Emergency vehicles getting out and responding to calls, shouting virtolic bile are the Gardaí defending themselves and the station while all the while chanting "peaceful protest". I hope to God that every one of these absolute scum get genital cancer and die a horrible, excruciating death, because that's all they deserve. Not a ****ing ounce of cop on between them.

I'm absolutely sick of these people thinking they know the law, their rights and everything else under the sun. ****ing morons of the highest order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

You know what, i'll take the ban. **** off. You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The "peaceful" brigade are anything but, otherwise the Gardaí would not be required. And now, people are attacking the stations, stopping Emergency vehicles getting out and responding to calls, shouting virtolic bile are the Gardaí defending themselves and the station while all the while chanting "peaceful protest". I hope to God that every one of these absolute scum get genital cancer and die a horrible, excruciating death, because that's all they deserve. Not a ****ing ounce of cop on between them.

I'm absolutely sick of these people thinking they know the law, their rights and everything else under the sun. ****ing morons of the highest order!

Well said.

• Advertisement

There is no need to be protesting outside garda stations or at water meter installations at all. Let the workers do their job.
    All people have to do is fail to register and protest on the marches like most of us are doing now.
    A showed of low-life lads out looking for conflict will prevent decent people from protesting and effect the campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

There is no need to be protesting outside garda stations or at water meter installations at all. Let the workers do their job.
    All people have to do is fail to register and protest on the marches like most of us are doing now.
    A showed of low-life lads out looking for conflict will prevent decent people from protesting and effect the campaign.

Exactly! We are winning this with our peaceful marches. We don't need groups attacking Garda stations as it taints the image of the majority of protestors who are peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

They can put want they want in the letterbox pal I still wont be handing over a cent of my hard earned wages. Take me to court, put me in jail it makes no difference to me and I'm one of many many people who are of the same mind. Like I said good luck to those who pay.

So... you don't mind having your name published in Stubbs' Gazette and your credit rating adversely affected?

So... you don't mind having your name published in Stubbs' Gazette and your credit rating adversely affected?

It doesn't seem to have effected Dicey.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/reilly-left-redfaced-as-hes-named-on-debtdefault-list-26874242.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Aren't you a member of AGS yourself? Think that might be colouring your reaction a bit?

I don't support any kind of violent protest - especially as the government and IW are doing quite well digging deeper on their own - but this ridiculous shyte from some posters here that because some people may be unemployed or from a "lower class" area meaning that their opinions or rights are any less valid than yours or mine is a disgusting attitude.

As for the boys and girls of Coolock station - having dealt with them in the past they're far from the white knights you're making them out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

papu wrote: »
    They've only been doing their job...

That's what the Nazi said

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Chill out, will ya. You can be passionate about something without resorting to petty name calling and insults. Bit of self control please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

That's what the Nazi said

they sure did.

while i'm not in favour of harassing workers and gardai , this "we're innocent , just doing our job" is a load of horse****

When this ends (whatever way) the gardai as an institution will have lost a good deal of goodwill with a section of the public.
    Nobody seems concerned with this

while I'm not a fan of the current gardai practice and I am very much anti water charges, I 100% agree.
    Blocking a gardai station is idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You hope people die in pain.

You are a piece of work.

I would never wish pain on anyone. Not nice at all.
    Things like that can come back to bite you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

they sure did.

while i'm not in favour of harassing workers and gardai , this "we're innocent , just doing our job" is a load of horse****

When this ends (whatever way) the gardai as an institution will have lost a good deal of goodwill with a section of the public.
    Nobody seems concerned with this

I said that earlier in one of the water threads, this issue is causing a schism in our nation and I look at the FG supporters on this thread who do not care either way, they have no compassion for the less well off.

Most of these protesters are locals who never protested before, this is a large section of society(at least half the nation have not registered for water charges) who feel the establishment don't care for them. The gardai in my opinion should have kid gloves on so as not to antagonise and lose respect of the public. And the issue will get worse and worse if FG do not listen. Its rather sad to see this happening in our country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

Shame on you potenial-Monke. Genital cancer really???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

I'd love to see a dozen or so of these repeat offenders put in hospital. Really do a job on them once and for all. The sound of their knackery rants does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

Beaner1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a dozen or so of these repeat offenders put in hospital. Really do a job on them once and for all. The sound of their knackery rants does my head in.

Why don't you go out there then and do it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

66ad wrote: »
    Shame on you potenial-Monke. Genital cancer really???

A lot of people seem to be advocating violence and terminal cancer etc on people who oppose the way this state is being administered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

A lot of people seem to be advocating violence and terminal cancer etc on people who oppose the way this state is being administered.

This is your 1st post on Boards? God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

66ad wrote: »
    Why don't you go out there then and do it yourself?

You beat me too it. His fantasist rambo posting are getting boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

This is your 1st post on Boards? God help us all.

I've just looked at the last few pages of this thread. It's one of the first ones on the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's good to see that the court has granted the injunction to set up a 20 metre exclusion zone around meter installation. Protestors will still be able to protest and shout their abuse, but they won't be able to shove their cameras into the faces of the workers. I expect there will be a demand for long lens cameras and shotgun microphones to keep up the stream of videos.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/high-court-orders-exclusion-zone-around-water-meter-installation-649918.html

The High Court has granted an order setting up a 20 metre exclusion zone around a water meter installation in Dublin's north east.

The application was made by GMC Sierra and Irish Water today.

I'd ease of on the phone wise cracks comrade, even your leader moany joan realised what a disaster that tactic was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

awec wrote: »
    There was no rest of your post. It was just bloviated waffle.

Not only do I read your posts in the voice of Ross O Carroll Kelly, the constant ranting about spongers has started to read like the Dickhead father parts from the books

You should give your man Paul Howard a shout, might get a gig as a ghost writer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement