Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get off the fence will ya :pac:

Disgraceful post, they are the scum but you are wishing death and cancer on people because they are protesting :confused:

The fact posters thanked your post say's a lot about the quality of people on this site tbh.

Couldn't give a rats arse what people on a forum think of me. People get the police force they look for, and as it currently stands they will be getting a more militarised force, because this disgraceful behaviour will end up causing that. And, oh no, a random person on the internet wished something hurtful against a group of "protesters", what's the world coming to. I wish quite a lot of things, mainly to win the lotto so i can get the **** out of this country which is quickly going down the drain. Doesn't mean it will happen, or that i genuinely want it.

I reacted the same way these protesters are acting. Yet all of a sudden i'm the bad guy. That excuse of a Facebook page has countless posts looking for details of the members in the videos, stating that she will get hers, one person stating that they're going to petrol bomb the station. And ye defend these people? The same people who can't tell the difference between keeping the peace and supporting a private organisation. That speaks volumes.

And to be honest, i honestly don't think anyone in AGS gives a flying **** what these "people" think of them. They know that the good, law abiding citizens are behind them anyway, and this group of idiots are but a minority. Unfortunately, the people of Ireland have plenty of sheeple who will believe anything they read. Private police force me hole. All AGS cares about right now is the safety of it's members, who are have serious safety concerns because of a group of ****ing idiots. People doing their jobs, families to go home to, but shur they're wearing a uniform, so they must be scum and deserving of this behaviour.

As i said, i have no problem with peaceful protests, these are far from it. These are lynch mobs with mob rule, run by criminals with chips on their shoulders and supported by other criminals and the easily led. **** them, **** the people on here who agree with them, and **** anyone who thinks this is the right way to go about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Like I said, I don't care who doesn't believe it. I believe it, and trust the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

I disagree. It's high time we stopped taking things lying down in this nation.

In a way I agree it is time to stop taking things lying down but there are other ways to do that which dont involve confrontation like we seen tonight I dont think that is good for anyone or either side. there are other ways to channel anger without resorting to that. peaceful organised resistance is where its at is what I think anyway though if you disagree fair enough thats up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Couldn't give a rats arse what people on a forum think of me. People get the police force they look for, and as it currently stands they will be getting a more militarised force, because this disgraceful behaviour will end up causing that. And, oh no, a random person on the internet wished something hurtful against a group of "protesters", what's the world coming to. I wish quite a lot of things, mainly to win the lotto so i can get the **** out of this country which is quickly going down the drain. Doesn't mean it will happen, or that i genuinely want it.

I reacted the same way these protesters are acting. Yet all of a sudden i'm the bad guy. That excuse of a Facebook page has countless posts looking for details of the members in the videos, stating that she will get hers, one person stating that they're going to petrol bomb the station. And ye defend these people? The same people who can't tell the difference between keeping the peace and supporting a private organisation. That speaks volumes.

And to be honest, i honestly don't think anyone in AGS gives a flying **** what these "people" think of them. They know that the good, law abiding citizens are behind them anyway, and this group of idiots are but a minority. Unfortunately, the people of Ireland have plenty of sheeple who will believe anything they read.

You're a credit to the force...........

Incidentally, I think a good portion of those good law-abiding citizens you claim are behind you realised that AGS as a body is unfit for purpose when the Whistleblower stuff (which in itself is just one of the more recent example of AGS incompetence/corruption) came to light - not just because of the allegations themselves but how they were treated by their friends, colleagues and bosses.

You are right on one thing though....
    And to be honest, i honestly don't think anyone in AGS gives a flying **** what these "people" think of them.

... as you've very ably demonstrated yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

And to be honest, i honestly don't think anyone in AGS gives a flying **** what these "people" think of them. They know that the good, law abiding citizens are behind them anyway, and this group of idiots are but a minority. Unfortunately, the people of Ireland have plenty of sheeple who will believe anything they read. Private police force me hole. All AGS cares about right now is the safety of it's members, who are have serious safety concerns because of a group of ****ing idiots. People doing their jobs, families to go home to, but shur they're wearing a uniform, so they must be scum and deserving of this behaviour.

As i said, i have no problem with peaceful protests, these are far from it. These are lynch mobs with mob rule, run by criminals with chips on their shoulders and supported by other criminals and the easily led. **** them, **** the people on here who agree with them, and **** anyone who thinks this is the right way to go about things.

The people lost faith in ASG...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Alicat wrote: »
    Like I said, I don't care who doesn't believe it. I believe it, and trust the info.

We might trust and believe the info too, but only if you give us a source.

Hearsay is exactly that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

donvito99 wrote: »
    Not the ones we've seen.

You have not seen the vast majority of protesters only a few renegades intent on trouble. Do not tar everyone with the same brush. I have seen some very good banter between protesters and garda members.

They haven't paid. They have sought out the addresses of workers to do whatever it is they wish to do with them. Perhaps' throwing human excrement at them, petrol bombing them, threatening to murder them etc.

All because of some water.

I have seen no link to the above at all. Could be just mischief-making.
    If it has occurred then I hope those responsible are caught and dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not the ones we've seen.

They haven't paid. They have sought out the addresses of workers to do whatever it is they wish to do with them. Perhaps' throwing human excrement at them, petrol bombing them, threatening to murder them etc.

All because of some water.

Well that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

66ad wrote: »

I haven't. Is this the same 150,000 people that represent the other 4,000,000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Yeah okaaaaay then :rolleyes: You wished cancer upon people who are protesting. Have you ever seen anyone die of that fu cking horrible disease?? Catch yourself on ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

We might trust and believe the info too, but only if you give us a source.

Hearsay is exactly that though.

I won't give a source, as it's not mine to give. I'm not trying to persuade anyone. As I said, call it hearsay if you want, doesn't bother me.

I won't give a source, as it's not mine to give. I'm not trying to persuade anyone. As I said, call it hearsay if you want, doesn't bother me.

It's a serious allegation, either back it up with a source or pipe down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Longstand14

And to be honest, i honestly don't think anyone in AGS gives a flying **** what these "people" think of them. They know that the good, law abiding citizens are behind them anyway, and this group of idiots are but a minority. Unfortunately, the people of Ireland have plenty of sheeple who will believe anything they read. Private police force me hole.

You are a Garda Member, people expect more from you then the pretty horrendous comments you have dished out in your previous post on wishing protesters get cancer. It makes you no different from the people that post those hate filled posts on FB about the female Guard at Coolock Garda Station. Also word of caution - be very careful, quite easy to work out who you are.

And yet you posted it to try and paint the protesters in a negative light .. but don't have any source/evidence to back it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

I haven't. Is this the same 150,000 people that represent the other 4,000,000?

Have the other 4,000,000 registered and complied?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It's a serious allegation, either back it up with a source or pipe down.

Have to agree, there is a ferocious smell of ****e of those allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Couldn't give a rats arse what people on a forum think of me...

Alot of stars there, why has the mob got so angry, something must have provoked them? Please tell all.

Can I count on you(or your colleagues) to wipe penalty points off my licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I know some of youse lads think the whole phrase about the gardai being "biggest gang in Ireland" thing makes you invulnerable because but at the end of the day there only about 13,000 of yiz and the cosy relationship yer bosses had with the establishment is going the way of the dodo so I wouldn't go getting all general franco just yet :p

You're safe because the majority of the pissed off people in this country are directing their ire at the monkey grinder so I'd keep the head down if I was a dancing monkey

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You're a credit to the force...........

Incidentally, I think a good portion of those good law-abiding citizens you claim are behind you realised that AGS as a body is unfit for purpose when the Whistleblower stuff (which in itself is just one of the more recent example of AGS incompetence/corruption) came to light - not just because of the allegations themselves but how they were treated by their friends, colleagues and bosses.

You are right on one thing though....

... as you've very ably demonstrated yourself

Oh no, a random person on the internet sarcastically thinks i'm a credit to the force. Whatever shall i do. And you seem to think that by saying something on here is clearly showing how i do my job? Cop on to yourself. I'm a professional, i do my job professionally. I treat people as they treat me. And you know what? I'm good at it. I would say ask my bosses, but you probably couldn't care that there are actually good Gardaí out there. We're all corrupt. We're all cancelling fines (which, as is already well documented, Garda rank cannot do), we take bribes, etc, blah, blah, blah. I don't bring my personal feelings to work, but you probably won't believe that either. So, meh.

I think you'll find the vast majority haven't. I hear it every day, people say it to me. But again, why should you believe me. After all, i'm just a random person on the internet, expressing their view.

People are seriously demented if they think Irish Water are supported by the Gardaí. Every Garda has much better things to be doing other than babysitting the rent-a-crowd preventing normal workers from doing their jobs. They don't want to be there, but are there as a necessity, and are confronted by crowds who honestly believe the Gardaí are taking the side of Irish Water. They're not, they're taking the side of the law, and these mobs are breaking the laws.

Does this count as a source for protesters demanding the addresses of Gardaí?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The funniest thing about this whole thing imo is seeing scumbags share and post videos on social media of Guards "man handling" protesters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

On the contrary. You made (as Little CuChulainn maintains) a very serious allegation about protesters, that could be considered as serious as terrorist offences.

Let me ask, have you been to the gards with this information yet?

I'd withdraw the allegation if it was me, because without a source, it is meaningless, and totally misleading (prob intentionality)

moxin wrote: »
    Can I count on you(or your colleagues) to wipe penalty points off my licence?

See, it's this kind of ****e that people are believing. Garda rank cannot cancel fines. But why let facts get in the way of a good Garda bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wprathead wrote: »

That seems to be just teenage antics. Silly stuff.

Have the other 4,000,000 registered and complied?

Households register, people don't. Also, dissatisfaction with Irish Water, an entity hardly a few months old, is not dissatisfaction with the country's police force which has existed for 90 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

wprathead wrote: »
    Haha quality stuff from the freemen.

Oh no, a random person on the internet sarcastically thinks i'm a credit to the force. Whatever shall i do. And you seem to think that by saying something on here is clearly showing how i do my job? Cop on to yourself. I'm a professional, i do my job professionally. I treat people as they treat me. And you know what? I'm good at it. I would say ask my bosses, but you probably couldn't care that there are actually good Gardaí out there. We're all corrupt. We're all cancelling fines (which, as is already well documented, Garda rank cannot do), we take bribes, etc, blah, blah, blah. I don't bring my personal feelings to work, but you probably won't believe that either. So, meh.

Dramatic much. Go back and read what I actually posted and then come back...

Now that you've done that...

- did I claim ye all do it?
    - do you deny that these things happen?
    - do you accept that these actions paint the force in a negative light because of the "close ranks and ignore" appoach that's generally taken?

And the way you're carrying on here tonight is hardly a credit to you or the force you're (badly!) attempting to defend

• Advertisement

The fact a member of the Gardaí force of this state is wishing death and cancer on people who are protesting is very worrying indeed. Real sinister side to that post and pretty disgraceful reflection on himself. Like to point out the vast majority of the Gardaí in this country are some of the nicest people you could hope to meet but I suppose there are a few bad apples in every bunch.

Also bit shocked at the amount of likes that post got on here like wtf seriously people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement