Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

[QUOTE=I think you'll find the vast majority haven't. I hear it every day, people say it to me. But again, why should you believe me. After all, i'm just a random person on the internet, expressing their view.

People are seriously demented if they think Irish Water are supported by the Gardaí. Every Garda has much better things to be doing other than babysitting the rent-a-crowd preventing normal workers from doing their jobs. They don't want to be there, but are there as a necessity, and are confronted by crowds who honestly believe the Gardaí are taking the side of Irish Water. They're not, they're taking the side of the law, and these mobs are breaking the laws.[/QUOTE]

Only the other day we had a mod on boards who was threthened by a member of the traveller community who wanted to know how to handle the subject without calling the AGS because that would only make things worse. Now why would that might things worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Oh no, a random person on the internet sarcastically thinks i'm a credit to the force. Whatever shall i do. And you seem to think that by saying something on here is clearly showing how i do my job? Cop on to yourself. I'm a professional, i do my job professionally . I treat people as they treat me. And you know what? I'm good at it. I would say ask my bosses, but you probably couldn't care that there are actually good Gardaí out there. We're all corrupt. We're all cancelling fines (which, as is already well documented, Garda rank cannot do), we take bribes, etc, blah, blah, blah. I don't bring my personal feelings to work, but you probably won't believe that either. So, meh.
    I hope to God that every one of these absolute scum get genital cancer and die a horrible, excruciating death, because that's all they deserve

Ooooh kaaaaay. Sure you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Yeah okaaaaay then :rolleyes: You wished cancer upon people who are protesting. Have you ever seen anyone die of that fu cking horrible disease?? Catch yourself on ffs.
    Ever seen the victim of a petrol bomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

On the contrary. You made (as Little CuChulainn maintains) a very serious allegation about protesters, that could be considered as serious as terrorist offences.

Let me ask, have you been to the gards with this information yet?

I'd withdraw the allegation if it was me, because without a source, it is meaningless, and totally misleading (prob intentionality)

I don't need to withdraw anything, but thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I've provided a source as to seeking out the addresses of Gardaí. It's being conveniently ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think people need to take a wee step back and cool down.
    Getting out of hand here tonight and no need for it.

I for one have respect for the garda and was brought up that way. I do not condone violence of any kind either.
    Having said that I support the peaceful water protests for the reasons stated earlier and will continue to march with the vast majority of right thinking protesters who see it like I do.

Calm down folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Ever seen the victim of a petrol bomb?

Nope not at all and don't see how it's of any relevance here at all.

A member of the police force of this state is wishing cancer and death upon people of that state on a public forum. How you feel about that?

^^^

Agreed.

Thread's nearly at 10,000 posts, christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah okaaaaay then :rolleyes: You wished cancer upon people who are protesting. Have you ever seen anyone die of that fu cking horrible disease?? Catch yourself on ffs.

Yeah, i did, and i have, and it would be too good for some of these people. Do you take everything you read on an internet forum to heart?
    You are a Garda Member, people expect more from you then the pretty horrendous comments you have dished out in your previous post on wishing protesters get cancer. It makes you no different from the people that post those hate filled posts on FB about the female Guard at Coolock Garda Station. Also word of caution - be very careful, quite easy to work out who you are.

No, on here i'm an anonymous citizen of Ireland. These are the comments of a person, not a Garda. I'm not allowed identify myself as one on the internet. Gardaí are muted, they cannot stand up for themselves, and the Government doesn't stand up for them either. And let them work out who i am, i've gone beyond the point of caring anymore, because regardless of what happens, i'm on my own anyway.

I'm disillusioned with this country and it's actions, blaming an innocent organisation for Government decisions in this very particular debate. Yes, there are bad people in the job, there are bad people in every job, but just because i had a bad experience with a plumber, and because there's a whole host of bad plumbing examples out there, doesn't mean that i think all plumbers are incompetent and useless. The same should apply to AGS, but it doesn't. People want something to blame, and AGS are an easy target.

I'm leaving this now, because it's just not worth it. I hope that those who are so anti-Garda never need them, because these mobs are doing nothing for the force, they are negatively affecting those trying to do an honest job. I could guarantee that a very high number would quit if they could financially afford it. Country will be well and truly ****ed if that happens, because the military would be brought in, and they won't take half the ****e that AGS do.

donvito99 wrote: »
    I've provided a source as to seeking out the addresses of Gardaí. It's being conveniently ignored.

Give it to the garda and let them deal with it if you think it is a serious threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

You're providing further publicity to the photo of the Garda hence perhaps endangering his safety. Are you a provocateur?

Give it to the garda and let them deal with it if you think it is a serious threat.

I was asked to provide a source to my allegation that protesters had sought out the addresses of Gardaí as well as those of IW workers. I did. I don't consider the threat to be serious, it's about as serious as the people on here saying they're not "going to lie down anymore" and that there's some sort of citizen's reveloution on the cards because of the turnout last saturday.

The Guards are capable of looking after themselves, as evidenced admirably in the videos provided thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A member of the police force of this state is wishing cancer and death upon people of that state on a public forum. How you feel about that?

Ok, just to respond directly to this, and then i'm done. How do you feel about those wishing assault on Gardaí? I wish death on quite a lot of people, but just because i wish it doesn't mean i want it to happen. It's a figure of speech in an attempt to convey my feelings. Sure, probably shoulnd't have said it, but it's said and there's nothing i can do about it now. I'm pretty sure members of the police force get these threats every day of the week, i wouldn't know, i'm not one of them, or can't identify myself as one if i was. So, again, i'm an anonymous person posting their feelings.

moxin wrote: »
    You're providing further publicity to the photo of the Garda hence perhaps endangering his safety. Are you a provocateur?

Ha, whaddya think?

Yeah, i did, and i have, and it would be too good for some of these people. Do you take everything you read on an internet forum to heart?

No, on here i'm an anonymous citizen of Ireland. These are the comments of a person, not a Garda. I'm not allowed identify myself as one on the internet. Gardaí are muted, they cannot stand up for themselves, and the Government doesn't stand up for them either. And let them work out who i am, i've gone beyond the point of caring anymore, because regardless of what happens, i'm on my own anyway.

I'm disillusioned with this country and it's actions, blaming an innocent organisation for Government decisions in this very particular debate. Yes, there are bad people in the job, there are bad people in every job, but just because i had a bad experience with a plumber, and because there's a whole host of bad plumbing examples out there, doesn't mean that i think all plumbers are incompetent and useless. The same should apply to AGS, but it doesn't. People want something to blame, and AGS are an easy target.

I'm leaving this now, because it's just not worth it. I hope that those who are so anti-Garda never need them, because these mobs are doing nothing for the force, they are negatively affecting those trying to do an honest job. I could guarantee that a very high number would quit if they could financially afford it. Country will be well and truly ****ed if that happens, because the military would be brought in, and they won't take half the ****e that AGS do.

Think you should have stepped away from the forum a couple of hours ago tbh. A family member of mine is in the Gardaí so thankfully I know the vast majority don't think like you and for that we all can be thankful.

With all due respect, that's a Facebook page (and you've inadvertently shared the vitriol)

I didn't see any proof of anyone asking for names and addresses of Gardai on it in exchange for cash though.

Prob best to delete the link, to protect the gards anonymity.

The people hes wishing it on are looking to petrol bomb a station and attack Gardai at their homes. Cant say im too bothered by his comments. Nice to see the true face of the protests shining true.

I actually think you are over-reacting to the posters on here. I really haven't seen any posts wishing anything bad to the members of the garda on Boards.
    At a guess i'd be thinking that you support FG and are peeved that they have messed things up with IW.
    If there are posts that are against the rules of Boards you should report them and let the Mods deal with them. This sort of banter has been going on for years here with the HHC, LPT and now Water so there is no need to over-react.

I didn't see any proof of anyone asking for names and addresses of Gardai on it in exchange for cash though.

Something I never contended.
    Prob best to delete the link, to protect the gards anonymity.

That implies that there may be posters on here, in your view, that might follow through on what they have implied already?

Voice of reason tayto. Voice of reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Now see, if you'd posted like this first, the reactions you have gotten would likely be different.

I stand by my comments above but as I also said, I never claimed that all AGS members were corrupt/incompetent/on the take - you made that leap, not me.

I don't envy those members that take the job seriously and with the respect it deserves the work they do and what they have to deal with, BUT that doesn't change the fact that there are far too many disinterested/lazy/unsuitable (and I'm being kind here) colleagues of yours that are destroying the work done by their colleagues. Maybe if more of you came forward as McCabe did and said "no more" to these antics you would find yourself getting a better reaction from the public you both serve and need to help you do your jobs.

Rather than tarring protesters with the same brush and wishing them dead or whatever, perhaps it's time to ask why are they protesting - I think for the most part it's because they're as sick of the same Government and it's detached arrogance as you are.

This "divide and conquer" crap (whether it's employed vs unemployed, public vs private or AGS vs "everyone" else) merely serves to continue the same status quo that we are ALL sick of.

Ok, just to respond directly to this, and then i'm done. How do you feel about those wishing assault on Gardaí? I wish death on quite a lot of people, but just because i wish it doesn't mean i want it to happen. It's a figure of speech in an attempt to convey my feelings. Sure, probably shoulnd't have said it, but it's said and there's nothing i can do about it now. I'm pretty sure members of the police force get these threats every day of the week, i wouldn't know, i'm not one of them, or can't identify myself as one if i was. So, again, i'm an anonymous person posting their feelings.

A. People wishing harm to Gardaí are scum.

B. You shouldn't have said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

The people hes wishing it on are looking to petrol bomb a station and attack Gardai at their homes. Cant say im too bothered by his comments. Nice to see the true face of the protests shining true.

You thanked Potential-Monke's post wishing cancerous death on protesters, that makes you equal to those nasty commenters on FB.

Lol yeah because all the people who oppose the water scam are looking to petrol bomb a Gardaí station :pac:

Sounds like sour grapes.
    That was a Facebook page and should not be seen on Boards.
    If there is something illegal in it you should report it and have the people responsible dealt with.

Incidentally they are not the "true face of the protests" either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Had a robbery in the house a few months back and the Garda were extremely helpful and gave some excellent advice. No need for people to turn on the Gardai. They've had some cuts over the years aswell. Calm heads all round needed. Hope it doesn't become widespread.

Most Gardai are decent. Always the few bad eggs in every group. Wishing cancer on people is as low as you can get imo. A horrific disease and I've lost plenty of friends and family to it.

Something I never contended.

Then you did not provide any source for Alicats (outrageous but serious) allegations.

That implies that there may be posters on here, in your view, that might follow through on what they have implied already?

No, it implies that there is a Garda out there tonight who probably doesn't wish to have a link posted on an anonymous messaging boards, Prob the most popular in the country, that his his face, gda number, and all kinds (i only read a few) of unfounded allegations made about him.

But way to go with completely misreading 'my view' on it chief.

Lol yeah because all the people who oppose the water scam are looking to petrol bomb a Gardaí station :pac:

But they're not who he's wishing it on you see, he's wishing cancer - lol - upon people threatening death and other things on other people as well as his colleagues in the Gardaí, and justifying this because AGS have apparently "lost legitmacy" in the eyes of a few hot headed anarchists who'd apply the same to a cow if it looked at them sideways.

moxin wrote: »
    You thanked Potential-Monke's post wishing cancerous death on protesters, that makes you equal to those nasty commenters on FB.

Or it could be I was thanking it for pointing out the danger in blocking an emergency service.

No, just the ones at the regular small protests.
    Sounds like sour grapes.
    That was a Facebook page and should not be seen on Boards.
    If there is something illegal in it you should report it and have the people responsible dealt with.

Incidentally they are not the "true face of the protests" either.

Of those protests they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I don't think that is fair tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement