Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'm speculating but if a document exists which says there is 49% leakage, then it may include customer side leaks, maybe even dripping taps.

Well if you are to take the Indo at face value this cant be true because Irish Water were using these figures with the energy regulator in an attempt to drive down the allowance. Why would they care about any numbers beyond the meter? Cause there's possibly more Siteserve gravy for that, (the "Fix your first leak free fund")
    41 or 49, DX , either way, you and me are getting screwed by someone.

The irony :rolleyes:

Did you just backseat mod me!!!

Can you see the InceptionIrony in that????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Satriale wrote: »
    Did you just backseat mod me!!!

Can you see the InceptionIrony in that????:eek:

No i didn't, i just pointed out the irony. I would have said stupidity but that sort of thing is frowned upon.

No i didn't, i just pointed out the irony. I would have said stupidity but that sort of thing is frowned upon.

Awwww, i hurt your feelings! im sowwy !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

S.O wrote: »
    .   A few of those who support water charges also supported the household charge,/ property tax/ broadcast tax/ fiscal treaty by looking back over past threads' coincidence.
    Think of the juicy salaries from all those jobs. I like to swim around in my money room like Scrooge McDuck.

• Advertisement

Awwww, i hurt your feelings! im sowwy !

Yeah

Words on a screen hurt my feelings

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I will give them one thing.

After taking measures to save water and fixing leaks, my household will bee using at least 1/3 less water next year.
    I hope low bills will result. One 11 year old who hates to wash and a baby will certainly help by increasing the free allowance as well..

I hope not to be paying much at all.

Think of the juicy salaries from all those jobs. I like to swim around in my money room like Scrooge McDuck.

A day in the Timberrrrrrrr house

simpsons-mr-burns-smithers-money-fight-13737062870.gif?id=929

Johngoose wrote: »
    As for the Irish water "supporters" here, I think there is an element of "turkeys voting for Christmas" in your posts.I wouldn't be surprised if employees of Irish Water are encouraged to post on public forums such as this.Posts which are against water charges are being attacked strongly.Or it could be that some Irish citizens love paying taxes and charges!

Its not Irish water. Fine Gael have a group of people who are members on Irish forums. Their main objective is to get into a discussion early to discredit the poster and to stop the thread getting traction.
    Its a tactic certain Irish business's have been using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

One of the Moderators was on earlier today reminding us to report any posts which break the rules. They also take a dim view of the type of accusation you are purveying. Unless you have proof.

He said "I wouldn't be surprised if employees of Irish Water are encouraged to post on public forums such as this"
    Are you that desperate to shut down discussion of this subject that you constantly refer to the moderators on this site as some kind of threat?
    The one's on here most in favour of water taxes and all the other new taxes he mentioned are most lightly PS or semi state employees who need the trough to be kept full to keep them in the overpaid position and lifestyle that they've become accustomed to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Its not Irish water. Fine Gael have a group of people who are members on Irish forums. Their main objective is to get into a discussion early to discredit the poster and to stop the thread getting traction.

The blueshirts will deny this but I've seen it in action, especially in the run up to the last GE and the recent local and european elections.
    I know at least one person who was on their 'social media' drive.

lol, if thats true they are failing miserably. Some of the longest running threads on boards have been about the inepitude of the Blueshirt clown car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lacco

Funny thing but I am getting that vibe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mary Lou has all her messenger boys in tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mary Lou has all her messenger boys in tonight.

Blame the Shinners.

What a tired and abused cliché.

Blame the Shinners.

What a tired and abused cliché.

The last page was full of "blueshirt". What is that?

The last page was full of "blueshirt". What is that?

From 'Shinners' ?

Why does it always Come back to SF?

It's like Enda and co in the Dail.

When faced with a difficult question, stock answer.... "you'd know all about it, Northern bank, Jean McConville...." yada yada yada. :cool:

Sinn fein ate my Hamster. :pac:

Whenever some awkward argument like You have to pay because it's the Law is put forward the volunteers arrive en masse to condemn the poster as FG Blueshirt.

Whenever some awkward argument like You have to pay because it's the Law is put forward the volunteers arrive en masse to condemn the poster as FG Blueshirt.

Cmon DX noone called anyone in this thread a Blueshirt, it was suggested that FG have a group of internet volunteers, they may not even be on Boards for all we know.

I found this on broadsheet though, apparently someone wrote a book about them

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/07/fine-gaels-frape-room/

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Book2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

So you felt reciprocating would add done validity to your argument? Oh please...

• Advertisement

The law (sometimes) is an ass.

I know Dam well if FG weren't in power, and FF (for example) were introducing water charges, lpt or a broadcast tax, FG would be opposed.

Cast your mind back a few years....

Who said "It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home."

I'll give you a wee clue. It wasn't Mary Lou.

Cmon DX noone called anyone in this thread a Blueshirt, it was suggested that FG have a group of internet volunteers, they may not even be on Boards for all we know.

In the political poll on AH "Who would you vote for if there was an election tomorrow" SF got 38% making them the biggest party in the country. This was at a time when they were under 20% in proper polls. There is a group here who are dedicated to attacking the government. This was the tactic SF used in the North, vilify the UUP/SDLP government until they and their DUP friends could get into power. And then continue the exact same policies.

In the political poll on AH "Who would you vote for if there was an election tomorrow" SF got 38% making them the biggest party in the country. This was at a time when they were under 20% in proper polls. There is a group here who are dedicated to attacking the government. This was the tactic SF used in the North, vilify the UUP/SDLP government until they and their DUP friends could get into power. And then continue the exact same policies.

I wouldnt agree with that kind of thing any more than id agree with the FGers frape room. But i can guarantee you this, FF have them, FG have them, Sinn fein have them, Labour have them.

One thing about a Boards poll, i doubt it would be representative of the general population . Younger people tend to vote SF and probably a younger platform on boards.

For example theres a hairy @rse Poll in AH at the moment and truth be told i voted "i was a woman who likes hairy @rses". so i wouldnt put much faith in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lacco

It doesn't matter who supports what political party. Plenty of people are p1**ed off with irish water for various reasons.End of.

Propaganda woman for IW is just after confirming the Indos figures you were questioning earlier. Some program on TV3 called "Water, why pay for it?" so it may be on 3player tomorrrow if you are still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Propaganda woman for IW is just after confirming the Indos figures you were questioning earlier. Some program on TV3 called "Water, why pay for it?" so it may be on 3player tomorrrow if you are still interested.

You realise that Denis "the fringe" O'Brien has a controlling interest in all of these companies yeah?

Bambi wrote: »
    You realise that Denis "the fringe" O'Brien has a controlling interest in all of these companies yeah?

A fine handsome man of great business acumen and "timing", who is a great boon to this little nation of ours!! I often pray at night, that he'd come back from Malta and bless us more often with his presence and wit and job creation abilities.

However, I dont think he owns TV3 or IW (although he may own Fine Gael :D.)

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    The blueshirts will deny this but I've seen it in action, especially in the run up to the last GE and the recent local and european elections.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Comprehensive reading.
    Cmon DX noone called anyone in this thread a Blueshirt,

You love the auld rolly eyes emoticon.

• Advertisement

Comprehensive reading.

You love the auld rolly eyes emoticon.

So which "blueshirts" was he referring to when he said?
    Fr. Ned wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement