Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Mary Lou has all her messenger boys in tonight.

Predictable Blueshirt response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Putin wrote: »
    Predictable Blueshirt response.
    Shouldn't you be off invading one or other of your former colonies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

This thread is going nowhere fast.

The same arguments are put forward again and again. Irish Water is not going away and regardless of the big talk here by some people everyone will eventually pay up.

[/unsubscribed]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Blame the Shinners.

What a tired and abused cliché.

LOL, according to the lads here, if you oppose paying for water twice you're a 'shinner'.
    Pathetic response as usual, real PS speak.

:rolleyes:

So, who did I call a blueshirt?
    Come on.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lacco

T-Maxx wrote: »
    This thread is going nowhere fast.

The same arguments are put forward again and again. Irish Water is not going away and regardless of the big talk here by some people everyone will eventually pay up.

[/unsubscribed]

Crystal ball and mystic meg love it.
    No Irish water is not going away but neither are the the many people who just know that there is something amiss, seriously amiss.
    Well I'm holding onto my hat and my pps number and those of my children and irish water can go *uck.
    No doubt if people are foolish enough to sign up for this Irish water will sell us down the river literally.
    Anyone fancy buying OUR water from a Chinese or other foreign company.
    Think about it, eyes needed to be opened big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    So, who did I call a blueshirt?
    Come on.....
    The blueshirts will deny this but I've seen it in action, especially in the run up to the last GE and the recent local and european elections.
    I know at least one person who was on their 'social media' drive.

Which blueshirts were you alluding to? The blushirts who are not reading/posting in the thread? If so then how can they deny it? :rolleyes:

lacco wrote: »
    Crystal ball and mystic meg love it.
    No Irish water is not going away but neither are the the many people who just know that there is something amiss, seriously amiss.
    Well I'm holding onto my hat and my pps number and those of my children and irish water can go *uck.
    No doubt if people are foolish enough to sign up for this Irish water will sell us down the river literally.
    Anyone fancy buying OUR water from a Chinese or other foreign company.
    Think about it, eyes needed to be opened big time!

Look, there's people on here who will do exactly what this government tells them to. Probably sell their first born if it came to it.
    As I've said, the most of them are most lightly PS/semi state employees who need the trough kept full to keep them in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to.

Nobody in their right mind, unless they're compromised in the above way, would agree with the way this super quango is been set up and ran. Nobody.

Which blueshirts were you alluding to? The blushirts who are not reading/posting in the thread? If so then how can they deny it? :rolleyes:

Who are the blueshirts? You tell me......who knows if they're posting on this thread or not? Do you?
    If you people want to fire out the 'shinner' lines you can expect it to be returned.

Who are the blueshirts? You tell me......who knows if they're posting on this thread or not? Do you?
    If you people want to fire out the 'shinner' lines you can expect it to be returned.

I never mentioned "shinners" but you are the one saying blueshirts. :confused:

• Advertisement

Look, there's people on here who will do exactly what this government tells them to. Probably sell their first born if it came to it.
    As I've said, the most of them are most lightly PS/semi state employees who need the trough kept full to keep them in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to.

Nobody in their right mind, unless they're compromised in the above way, would agree with the way this super quango is been set up and ran. Nobody.

I'm laughing at your comment about selling their first born but yeah from some of the absolute trite that is being spouted anything is possible!!!

And you are right nobody in their right mind would see this quango as a well run organisation. Run a mile from it organisation more like!

Right again public sector waste - there's a whole tome in there!

You actually couldn't make this stuff up.
    D'unbelievables eat your heart out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

They are outside next door now with a big circular saw. My house is next.

D'unbelievables eat your heart out

Dats right. By Jazus, we'll be lucky to come out a dis with our lives! Blueshirts, Shinners or decent law abiding citizens who want nothing other than see Ireland back on track!

Dats right. By Jazus, we'll be lucky to come out a dis with our lives! Blueshirts, Shinners or decent law abiding citizens who want nothing other than see Ireland back on track!

Hello.

'... decent law abiding citizens.... see Ireland back on track.' Can't you
    find any other language from your vocabulary bank? Same old, same old tired and well
    worn cliches.People just aren't buying it.

Perhaps you could substitute 'ireland back on track' for 'Ireland off the rails.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So anyone who disagrees with you and your beliefs must surely be a plant by the government to keep you down? I'm constantly amazed by the growing number of posters on boards and other sites who would be right at home in the Conspiracy Theory subgroups.

Just because people do not share your beliefs or question the validity of statements you make, it doesn't mean that they are working for the "man" trying to keep you in your place. All it means is they have looked at the information available and come to a different conclusion to you. It doesn't mean that they are the only too happy to hand over their hard earned money to anyone who asks.

Hello. '... decent law abiding citizens.... see Ireland back on track.' Can't you find any other language from your vocabulary bank? Same old, same old tired and well worn cliches.People just aren't buying it.
    Perhaps you could substitute 'ireland back on track' for 'Ireland off the rails.'

Hello Lacco. I make NO apology for believing in Ireland and that we are on the right track. Hopefully we (As a Nation) don't lose the run of ourselves again and keep our finances in check. Ireland CANNOT keep borrowing for day to day living. Expecting EVERYONE, Including those on Social Welfare to make some payment for vital services is only fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

chasm wrote: »
    Yes, they detect various forms of tampering from the brochures i read online.

who had the brouchers printed?.

Hello Lacco. I make NO apology for believing in Ireland and that we are on the right track. Hopefully we (As a Nation) don't lose the run of ourselves again and keep our finances in check. Ireland CANNOT keep borrowing for day to day living. Expecting EVERYONE, Including those on Social Welfare to make some payment for vital services is only fair.

Maryanne here we go again more useless and over used cliches.
    irish water and the people who instigated it have no credibility whatsoever.
    The dogs in the street know this.
    Our great government got decimated in the last local election, not much of a nation at the moment.
    Irish water is one great big fiasco.
    But hey continue on your merry way!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

Is the first fix for free thing still going ahead??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

nothing really changes here on boards, how come we have folks on here promoting fg like their income depend on it, on the run up to the las election there were people deleberatly goading others in order to get them baned and suceeding, a mod that i was debating with sent me a pm on a statment i made on another thread roughly six weeks earlier.

• Advertisement

flutered wrote: »
    nothing really changes here on boards, how come we have folks on here promoting fg like their income depend on it, on the run up to the las election there were people deleberatly goading others in order to get them baned and suceeding, a mod that i was debating with sent me a pm on a statment i made on another thread roughly six weeks earlier.

Care to name them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Is the first fix for free thing still going ahead??

It is still planned to go ahead.

Maryanne here we go again more useless and over used cliches.
    irish water and the people who instigated it have no credibility whatsoever.
    The dogs in the street know this.
    Our great government got decimated in the last local election, not much of a nation at the moment.
    Irish water is one great big fiasco.
    But hey continue on your merry way!

Ireland's Call

Come the day and come the hour
    Come the power and the glory
    We have come to answer
    Our Country's call
    From the four proud provinces of Ireland

Ireland, Ireland
    Together standing tall
    Shoulder to shoulder
    We'll answer Ireland's call

From the mighty Glens of Antrim
    From the rugged hills of Galway
    From the walls of Limerick
    And Dublin Bay

Ireland, Ireland
    Together standing tall
    Shoulder to shoulder

Hearts of steel
    And heads unbowing
    Vowing never to be broken
    We will fight, until
    We can fight no more

Ireland, Ireland
    Together standing tall
    Shoulder to shoulder

Sean O'Rourkes reporter on Radio 1 visited one of the areas in Dublin where there were water protests. One of the residents said that only some of the protesters were from the area, the rest were just Electioneering! He wasn't happy to see the workers being heckled and hassled when they were just doing an honest days work. I suppose that makes him a FG supporter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Old boardie22

This really is a nonsensical post... What seems to have escaped maryanne84 is...? Why is the worlds economy's fecked..? Is it down to the poor and middle class overspending like what is implied..? Take your foot out of your mouth dear.. WE irish as you put it did not in any way overspend like you say.. But we're royally fecked over by our so called banks and representatives weren't we..? Overspending.. Are you for real..?
    You mean robbed. And are still being
    But you carry on in your little world there where the public SERVANTS actually represent their voters and actually help the country and it's population, rather than keep lying and stealing from us...

Thanks

Its not the fact that we are on the right path its weather we are on the best path and we know all know that we are not. I will be completely honest, reading your posts you sound like you are not well traveled at all. Having lived in other country's with high taxes, what you get in response to these high taxes is a hell of alot more then what you get here. The Fine Gael stance for a long time was bring us on par with the rest of Europe. This is something that Europe has also been spouting about. But they are only talking about "Tax" We are no way on par with the rest of Europe when it comes to facilities, travel, healthcare etc....

What i dont understand about the "pro water charges" people , is how can they stand there and make the argument, when we still have people dying from the cold, not enough beds in hospitals, not enough Gardai on the streets. (except the ones pulling over people going to work)

We all know this money is just paying off Europe's debt, along with the household tax. The same people are going to die this winter, the same people will die not being able to get a hospital bed. Crime will double (again) due to a smaller police force. More people will be stabbed, more houses broken into. Organized crime has a chance to actually get a grip on the country. All because our money is going over to Europe.

Its time Ireland needs to be looked after. But no , too many sheep following Fine Gael.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not Irish water. Fine Gael have a group of people who are members on Irish forums. Their main objective is to get into a discussion early to discredit the poster and to stop the thread getting traction.
    Its a tactic certain Irish business's have been using.
    If you suspect this we will look into it and if it can be proven, we'll name and shame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

who had the brouchers printed?.

The manufacturers i presume, it was their brochures i was referring to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Old boardie22

Its not the fact that we are on the right path its weather we are on the best path and we know all know that we are not. I will be completely honest, reading your posts you sound like you are not well traveled at all. Having lived in other country's with high taxes, what you get in response to these high taxes is a hell of alot more then what you get here. The Fine Gael stance for a long time was bring us on par with the rest of Europe. This is something that Europe has also been spouting about. But they are only talking about "Tax" We are no way on par with the rest of Europe when it comes to facilities, travel, healthcare etc....

What i dont understand about the "pro water charges" people , is how can they stand there and make the argument, when we still have people dying from the cold, not enough beds in hospitals, not enough Gardai on the streets. (except the ones pulling over people going to work)

We all know this money is just paying off Europe's debt, along with the household tax. The same people are going to die this winter, the same people will die not being able to get a hospital bed. Crime will double (again) due to a smaller police force. More people will be stabbed, more houses broken into. Organized crime has a chance to actually get a grip on the country. All because our money is going over to Europe.

Its time Ireland needs to be looked after. But no , too many sheep following Fine Gael.

Great post... I will add. When we talk about the "debt" part, add "the banks" before it.... As it is NOT my debt, my families, my children's, or any averages joes... It a debt run up by criminals that not only are still walking around free, but still in the industry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah and dressing up a disgraceful imposition on EVERYONE to pay back foreign risk takers as a charge for "vital services" is very unfair. In fact its obscene.

We aren't remotely on the right track and the reason is that we have not changed the fundamentals of the political and banking systems to prevent the whole mess from being rehearsed over again. The naivete of people is the most worrying aspect of where we are right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement