Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    The video evidence is there for all to see.
    Whether the pensioner presses charges or not is up to him.
    On the radio this morning he said he'll drop it if feighan apologises in an honest manner.

Now, what feighan knows about honesty is a completely different thing. He is a blueshirt after all. Did you see all the lads wearing blue shirts in the clip? You'd think they'd know better...LOL!

You know the guards don't actually need anyone to press charges for them to arrest someone for a crime if the evidence is there right? Now i'm sure the guards and the DPP have seen the video so why have there been no arrests?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

You know the guards don't actually need anyone to press charges for them to arrest someone for a crime if the evidence is there right? Now i'm sure the guards and the DPP have seen the video so why have there been no arrests?
    McDermott has made a formal complaint to the Gardai, so I guess they now have to proceed with an investigation.

btw, has this anything to do with water charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Because the victim obviously hasn't pressed charges or has told them he doesn't want to.
    I'm quite amazed at people on here condoning a blueshirt's bully boy tactics.
    If that was a member of Fianna Fail or Sinn Fein there'd be uproar..

Edit, just seen the post above.

All feighan had to do was apologise to his victim, now because of his stubborness and ignorance it'll cost the state thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Well Mr law abiding Timberrrrrrrr. You presumably watched the videos.

Do you think he assaulted McDermott, or do you believe his actions to be reasonable.

Take all the time you need.

Because the victim obviously hasn't pressed charges or has told them he doesn't want to.

The "victim" does not need to press charges if the evidence is there, you claim that you can plainly see an assault take place in the video so why have the guards not made an arrest? As for the "blue shirt bully boy tactics"? Change the record, it's getting boring at this stage.

• Advertisement

All feighan had to do was apologise to his victim, now because of his stubborness and ignorance it'll cost the state thousands.

From the same article
    He has since apologised for the incident saying he overreacted.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Do you think he assaulted McDermott, or do you believe his actions to be reasonable.

You as a qualified legal professional should know that the matter has to be tested in court. What is reasonable is the nub of the question and if it gets to court your fellow professionals will no doubt argue different points of view.

I think he over reacted bit i don't think it was assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Thousands? Assault is a summary offence that is eligible for adult caution. There is no need for witnesses as there is clear camera coverage. This case will not cost even a thousand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You as a qualified legal professional should know that the matter has to be tested in court. What is reasonable is the nub of the question and if it gets to court your fellow professionals will no doubt argue different points of view.

I hope I'm working that day to get a fly on the wall view.

• Advertisement

As for the "blue shirt bully boy tactics"? Change the record, it's getting boring at this stage.

Ah the auld blueshirt thing. Really gets to you lads, doesn't it?
    Remember when the blueshirts went to Europe to fight before? How did that go?

The same way it went this time when we sent them to Europe to fight for us, sent packing with their tails between their legs.....and their only answer is to attack their own with tax after tax.

From the same article

:rolleyes:

Eh, not directly to his victim, to his party...:rolleyes:

Ah the auld blueshirt thing. Really gets to you lads, doesn't it?
    Remember when the blueshirts went to Europe to fight before? How did that go?

The same way it went this time when we sent them to Europe to fight for us, sent packing with their tails between their legs.....and their only answer is to attack their own with tax after tax.

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who has ever voted for FG or labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

So that's a no then?

Back in the day when I was sleeping with a Lawyer, she pointed out that if there were no Police, there would be no crime... It only exists in the context of the law.

Thousands? Assault is a summary offence that is eligible for adult caution. There is no need for witnesses as there is clear camera coverage. This case will not cost even a thousand.

Garda time and resources, a possible day in court, a perp who'll probably have his legal fees paid for him etc etc...
    Less than €1,000??? You're having a laugh.

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who has ever voted for FG or labour.

One of the usual 2 1/2 party's I'd reckon.
    To be fair, FG and 'labour' are just carrying out the FFailures plan I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Garda time and resources, a possible day in court, a perp who'll probably have his legal fees paid for him etc etc...
    Less than €1,000??? You're having a laugh.

And you have no concept of the legal process. It would take a maximum of 1 hour to prepare this file for the dpp. In the unlikely event the matter isn't dealt with by adult caution the "day in court" would consist of the evidence of the injured party and the video, with the possibility of evidence given by the accused. Might get an hour out of it. If the Garda decides to get a few statements from those present you could push it up to three hours at most. And there would be no legal aid either.

And you have no concept of the legal process. It would take a maximum of 1 hour to prepare this file for the dpp. In the unlikely event the matter isn't dealt with by adult caution the "day in court" would consist of the evidence of the injured party and the video, with the possibility of evidence given by the accused. Might get an hour out of it. If the Garda decides to get a few statements from those present you could push it up to three hours at most. And there would be no legal aid either.

We'll wait and see how it goes....Every person involved in this on the defendant's side costs the state money, including the defendant.
    Every person involved in dealing with it costs the state money.

All this clown had to do was apologise directly to his victim but, being a cocky blueshirt, he doesn't have it in him.

One of the usual 2 1/2 party's I'd reckon.
    To be fair, FG and 'labour' are just carrying out the FFailures plan I suppose.

Never voted for them either.

He has a more down to earth concept of the law. He sits in his rocking chair on his porch, shotgun at hand, ready to repel all government agents coming on to his land. He owns a gun and a woman.

• Advertisement

He has a more down to earth concept of the law. He sits in his rocking chair on his porch, shotgun at hand, ready to repel all government agents coming on to his land. He owns a gun and a woman.

So does this lad

250px-Slack-Jawed_Yokel.png

Yea......:rolleyes:

Tell me this dxhound2005, who did you vote for in the 2011 GE?

So does this lad

250px-Slack-Jawed_Yokel.png

Mmmmm, mention blueshirts on here and the personal abuse starts up. Funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

smash wrote: »
    Has anyone get a response from Irish Water after filling out their forms without the PPS numbers?

I think with over a million forms to look at it will be a while till anyone hears anything.
    The next you will probably get will be a bill sometime in Jan/Feb

I think we can see which side the lads here, attacking posters who are against the water super quango, bread is buttered on.
    PS/semi state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Any chance this thread could head back in the direction of Irish water and PPS numbers or has it run out of steam?

I think we can see which side the lads here, attacking posters who are against the water super quango, bread is buttered on.
    PS/semi state.

Which posters have been attacked?

Any chance this thread could head back in the direction of Irish water and PPS numbers or has it run out of steam?

Not until we sentence Feighan to five years hard labour and relive some fascist history from the 1930's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

Which posters have been attacked?

Anyone that disagrees with the charges, I'm not going to trawl the thread, do it yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement