Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is there a device or app that can read my water meter without me having to physically go to the meter.

Laziness I know, but it is a pain in the arse having to pry open the lid, take out the foam, peer down in to the hole and read the number - 1st world propblem I know!
    Don't think there is - short of installing a secondary meter yourself.

sammy37 wrote: »
    So am i reading this right that whether i conserve water or leave the tap running 24/7 for the first 9 months i will pay the same amount or am i missing something here ?

Its even better than that.

If too many people conserve water and the expected revenue falls below the threshold, the government will increase the cost per unit of water!

Got to get those taxes in to pay our Troika masters!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Daith wrote: »
    Don't you need an application and PIN? I guess you could ring up and ask for it maybe.

But they are the suppliers. I resent paying on the double as it is. Im not about to assist them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

But they are the suppliers. I resent paying on the double as it is. Im not about to assist them.

Well your house is going to be charged anyway :/

Its nice to read so many compliant people willing to pay for extra taxes.

I wonder if the government introduced an Air Tax how many would be willing to pay for that too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Yep, nothing to do with our budget deficit.

rabble, rabble, rabble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Well your house is going to be charged anyway :/

Thats called having your cake and eating it for Irish water. I will pay for what i use. They are the suppliers, they have already spent a fortune and yet seem incapable of getting their job done.
    Yes Im playing silly buggers here but my objection is not particulary about water rates but about the shoddy, murky, unfair, unequal ****ed up set up.
    If i were to pay for actual usage my bill would be well short of the 'estimates' as i conserve like a mad yoke and have harvesting down to a fine art. Screw em. Im not co-operating or helping them as they dont have their house in order...or mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

No. If your water usage exceeds the assessed charge then it will be capped. If you conserve and it's less than the assessed charge you will pay less.

Thanks thats makes more sense but i can still leave the tap on 24/7 and know that i will only pay a certain amount which kind of defeats the purpose of conserving water.
    Could someone tell me if this 278 euro cap charge for two adults does that include waste water out or not as i have a septic tank or will i be halve that figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Its even better than that.

If too many people conserve water and the expected revenue falls below the threshold, the government will increase the cost per unit of water!

Does anyone at this stage think that the set up of this super quango has anything to do with conserving or making better use of our water?
    Seriously???? Only the most DELUDED could or would think that.
    The super quango has one purpose and one purpose only, to screw the Irish people for money and in doing so be made look profitable so it can be sold off to 'tax non dom' himself at a knock down rate. It's another blueshirt scam, much like a phone license........

The question that should be asked is why FG continue to bow down in front of this guy? When FG had a £1.3 million party debt, who paid it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

What I don't understand is how easy it would be for Irish Water to ensure everyone returns their forms. All they have to say is IW are now supplying your water from the 1st October, if you wish to receive this water complete and return the packs straight away, if no pack is received from you we will assume you do not wish to be a customer of IW and will disconnect your supply to ensure you are not billed.

That would solve everything in about a minute, sign up to be a customer and receive water don't sign up and you are declaring you don't want to be supplied with water.

• Advertisement

geeksauce wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how easy it would be for Irish Water to ensure everyone returns their forms. All they have to say is IW are now supplying your water from the 1st October, if you wish to receive this water complete and return the packs straight away, if no pack is received from you we will assume you do not wish to be a customer of IW and will disconnect your supply to ensure you are not billed.

That would solve everything in about a minute, sign up to be a customer and receive water don't sign up and you are declaring you don't want to be supplied with water.

Not really because it remains to be seen just how easily they can disconnect your supply especially in the case of apartment blocks.

Irish Water don't want to disconnect people. They want to charge people and disconnect would be a last resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Does anyone at this stage think that the set up of this super quango has anything to do with conserving or making better use of our water?
    The super quango has one purpose and one purpose only, to screw the Irish people for money and in doing so be made look profitable so it can be sold off to 'tax non dom' himself at a knock down rate. It's another blueshirt scam, much like a phone license........

funny how these kind of posters have always got a reason to justify trying to weasel out of paying their taxes.

It's not that they'd rather freeload off the rest of us - of course not.

They're a principled bunch standing up for the Irish people by not paying their tax, don't-cha know.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Do you have a quota of how many times a day that you have to repeat those words? Do you manually type them EVERY time or do you use the copy/paste function?

Not really because it remains to be seen just how easily they can disconnect your supply especially in the case of apartment blocks.

Apartment blocks aside they could easily disconnect a supply, it happens to businesses all the time.

What I don't understand is how council employees are posting on an internet board during office hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Because then you would have loads of people complaining that their human rights are being ignored, access to water etc.

That should have been the case, but as with everything we end up trying to find the least troublesome arrangement with inevitably is the worst option

funny how these kind of posters have always got a reason to justify trying to weasel out of paying their taxes.

They're a principled bunch standing up for the Irish people by not paying their tax, don't-cha know.:rolleyes:

I would imagine Fr. Ned will be sending the collection box around Sunday Mass a couple more times from next week.

What I don't understand is how council employees are posting on an internet board during office hours.

Care to name one? Or just more baseless accusations?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Anybody mention what happens about who pays for replacing meters?presumably they don't last forever?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Because then you would have loads of people complaining that their human rights are being ignored, access to water etc.

That should have been the case, but as with everything we end up trying to find the least troublesome arrangement with inevitably is the worst option

True, I do think we are far too nice as a nation, both the public and government, god forbid they actually upset somebody by telling them they need to declare their interest in receiving water from the new state water supplier. No declaration no water.

• Advertisement

You do know what 'tax non domicile' means, don't you?
    You know, like the blueshirts buddy who gets phone license's, water meter contracts, debts written off at our expense etc etc etc.....

Apartment blocks aside they could easily disconnect a supply, it happens to businesses all the time.

Probably but it would be a last resort. They want you to pay first.

Care to name one? Or just more baseless accusations?

Is it Wexford county council or Waterford county council??? I can't quite remember......

Is it Wexford county council or Waterford county council??? I can't quite remember......

So just baseless accusations as usual? Thought so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Dont know what to say to this really but its a case of i am alright jack to hell with the rest.Now i know there are people who wont pay for anything but there is also genuine people out there who cannot afford this bill and i know some myself and whats your brilliant idea -deprive them of water a basic human right.Hope everything continues rosy in your garden anyway.

So just baseless accusations as usual? Thought so :rolleyes:

PM's are great things for finding out who's who on here.....

Probably but it would be a last resort. They want you to pay first.

True, but if somebody declares that they don't want to receive water then just disconnect them, they cant really complain after that and there is no point in IW supplying someone with water when they can be pretty confident payment will be withheld.

PM's are great things for finding out who's who on here.....

And internet anonymity is a great way to make baseless accusations to muddy the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lol. They expect 80%to be metered by the end of 2016.

You're advocating they spend even more of the cash provided to them disconnecting homes?

Without customers, they fail, they bankrupt themselves.

Your masterplan has a few flaws in it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

So as I'm in an umetered apartment, I could just fill in the form for myself only and not bother with the kids pps numbers as no meter means no point looking for allowances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement