Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Beaner1 wrote: »
    So you're telling me that this was a privately developed and owned estate from the start?

I neither know, nor care. Looks like a semi-detached Estate for the most part with garages (i think) fancy tenement housing tbh.

This is besides the point anyway. Tell me in layman's terms, why describe folk as 'council house scum'?

I'm genuinely curious here.
    My issue is that the people in these videos are complete leeches on Irish society. Always at home and ready for a protest because they do not work or contribute. They should be thankful for every cent they get off the rest of us.

Are you personal friends with anyone on the video to make such an informed decision? Or does your post just reek of stereotypical dick-headedness :confused:

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Did you listen to it?

I did. Enda should hire him to fix his leaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

I've heard this so many times. But what about shift work. Look at them! Complete wasters. All the protests are happening in the same few grey ****ty areas of dublin.

Imagine that, working class people protesting about another tax on their income.
    What's the world coming to?:rolleyes:

I hope you're always so comfortable in your Ivory tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Feck that, Audi's and Mercs???
    I'll stick with the Beemer, cheap tax too for a 2 litre....

My last three cars, and i'd have to agree, Bmw.
    We are a right bunch of Trotskyites :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

just checked the meter there and it is totaly submerged.
    it also has been running.does everyones read at zero or is this normal?

On this point.....
    To anyone whose meter is currently under water or there is a lot of water sitting around it, y'all better start watching the weather thread and get yourselves a Child de Prague and pray like the bejaysus that we dont have a harsh winter ;)

cocoman wrote: »
    I assume that IW will just look up the registered owner of the property.

And where would IW get that information from?

I did. Enda should hire him to fix his leaks.

Is he one of the lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Im afraid the fact that you just don't like the taste of your tap water isn't enough to exempt you from water charges.

How about the fact that here in Arklow many people have brown sludge coming out of their taps, others like myself get water with a chemical smell-that you can get standing well back, and lately white skum on the top, and when any of us got on to Irish Water-including a local councillor, the answer we got was "It'll have to be dealt with on a case by case basis" and put on the long finger.

We can't drink the water here but have no boil notices so we're not getting any reduction it seems, how is that right?

Oh and there's no sewage treatment plant either, it goes straight into the Avoca river. And yet we're expected to pay for that as well as part of the charge.

Would anyone here who's in favour of these charges be ok with paying for that?
    Not a hope in hell they will get money from me for the putrid chemical muck that passes for drinking water in this town.

Fix the leaks, install new pipes (which is happening at least here now-you should see the corroded rusted pipes full of holes that are being taken out! :eek:), make our water clean safe and drinkable and build a sewage treatment plant. THEN I'll have no problem paying a tax for water to the State, not to the IW quango.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Imagine that, working class people protesting about another tax on their income.
    What's the world coming to?:rolleyes:

I hope you're always so comfortable in your Ivory tower.

THey are not working class. They are welfare class and they have completey sunk the country. Not the banks, not the government. These knackers.
    They forced me out of Ireland because there is no future for an ordinary worker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Satriale wrote: »
    My last three cars, and i'd have to agree, Bmw.
    We are a right bunch of Trotskyites :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Better watch out for the icepick next time we our having tacos so. :P

I wonder would I be getting metered.

I live in rural Ireland. Outside many houses or properties are these colourful small stone slabs kind of things with circle or square thing at the end. These are the meter holes I presume. Many of my neighbours have these.

I remember about April or May workers working on the roads doing these.

This meters have been made/built into the ditches.

We didn't get s meter outside our property. A pipe was pulled up from the ditch and that was it. They left a pipe poking up from the ditch. No stone slab. No circle/square door.

Something else. Since those lads came about, around the same time that they were working on the roads outside peoples houses. The cold tap in the bathroom stopped up and water doesn't come out. I wonder would this problem be connected with the works that went on.

Another problem I have. These meters are in the ditches outside peoples properties. They are so open and exposed. I persume it will be illigal to tamper with these. What's stopping a neighbour, maybe someone you fell out with or someone who's old and bitter and loves trouble, as examples, from walking about in the middle of the night tampering with the meter, ducking things up for you. Either your bill or water supply or whatever.

It sounds like you are on a GWS. Do you know if you are or is it def mains supply?

Smidge wrote: »
    On this point.....
    To anyone whose meter is currently under water or there is a lot of water sitting around it, y'all better start watching the weather thread and get yourselves a Child de Prague and pray like the bejaysus that we dont have a harsh winter ;)

Point being that if that water has gone through the meter and is then leaking into the ground, hence the pool of water around the meter area, then 'tax non dom's' lackeys are costing you money.......
    Maybe they should meter the leaks they have caused and subtract that from the bill.

THey are not working class. They are welfare class and they have completey sunk the country. Not the banks, not the government. These knackers.
    They forced me out of Ireland because there is no future for an ordinary worker.

You need to deal with your anger issues, I mean that post doesn't even make sense.
    It's just venting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭bladespin

You need to deal with your anger issues.

Or just stop trying to derail the hottest thread on boards at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sorry to go a wee bit off topic but it is sort of relevant. I just did a back of the envelope type calculation comparing what a single person in Dundalk could be paying in property taxes compared to their neighbours in Newry. I took a £250,000 house in Newry equivalent to €321,000 at today's exchange rate. Domestic rates in Newry £1822 (€2340). In Dundalk Property Tax €585, three small bins €280, water €176. Total €1041. The domestic rates only pay for about 25% of the services in the North so Newry locals are also paying for them from their income tax. So it's €1041 compared to €2340.

The odd thing is that Sinn Fein seem to think that they do not have a property tax in the North, only a service charge. But if that house in Newry was next door to one worth only £125,000 it would be paying exactly twice what the neighbour has to pay. For the same services. I can't understand it, it sounds exactly like a property tax based on the value of the property.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/property-and-housing/rates/your-rate-bill/domestic-rate-poundages-2014-to-2015.htm

Is this what we can look forward to if SF get into power. No property tax but service charges based on the value of someone's house. It sounds a bit like the trick that was pull in Britain. The "hated" Poll Tax was abolished but now they have something else called Council Tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

You need to deal with your anger issues, I mean that post doesn't even make sense.
    It's just venting.

There's the bones of a good point in there. Granted, it's poorly made but worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

bladespin wrote: »
    Like I suggested, show up in court, prove you're not a customer, you're entitled to your expenses for your appearance. You are obliged to the court but unless you use their service you're not obliged to a company.

Seriously unless you are a legal professional, do not give the appearance of offering legal advice.
    If anyone wishes to make a point of allowing themselves to be brought to court on their dealings or non dealings with anyone, Company, Individual or State body, then I highly recommend you research your case, contact a recognised legal professional and allow them to advise you and represent you if required.

Sorry to go a wee bit off topic but it is sort of relevant. I just did a back of the envelope type calculation comparing what a single person in Dundalk could be paying in property taxes compared to their neighbours in Newry. I took a £250,000 house in Newry equivalent to €321,000 at today's exchange rate. Domestic rates in Newry £1822 (€2340). In Dundalk Property Tax €585, three small bins €280, water €176. Total €1041. The domestic rates only pay for about 25% of the services in the North so Newry locals are also paying for them from their income tax. So it's €1041 compared to €2340.

The odd thing is that Sinn Fein seem to think that they do not have a property tax in the North, only a service charge. But if that house in Newry was next door to one worth only £125,000 it would be paying exactly twice what the neighbour has to pay. For the same services. I can't understand it, it sounds exactly like a property tax based on the value of the property.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/property-and-housing/rates/your-rate-bill/domestic-rate-poundages-2014-to-2015.htm

Is this what we can look forward to if SF get into power. No property tax but service charges based on the value of someone's house. It sounds a bit like the trick that was pull in Britain. The "hated" Poll Tax was abolished but now they have something else called Council Tax.

Must be that time of night...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    When all else is failing, have a pop at Sinn Fein. So predictable.
    Maybe while you're at it you could point out the other services that people in the 6 counties get for their council tax?
    Also, could you point out the difference in the funding models between here and in the north.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is anybody going to send back the envelope with all info apart from the PPS?

(There are prob some points made about this in the previous pages but there are over 180!)

• Advertisement

Seriously unless you are a legal professional, do not give the appearance of offering legal advice.
    As I posted earlier I didn't, please go back and read again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Your pro-FG/Public Service and anti-SF & Private Sector is getting tiresome at this stage. Why don't you let everyone know your connection to the former and quit your charade?

I'm not sure what your point is? We are better off than the uk? is that the limit of your ambition?

There are countries that shoot people, so a good kicking is ok?

Point being that if that water has gone through the meter and is then leaking into the ground, hence the pool of water around the meter area, then 'tax non dom's' lackeys are costing you money.......
    Maybe they should meter the leaks they have caused and subtract that from the bill.

An excellent point well made Fr Ned :)
    But my point was slightly more literal as in if there is water around your meter/your meter is submerged, if there is lying snow or hard frosts the meter will literally freeze and stop working.
    Which means the water supply will cease to enter your property.
    Bad weather + water meters = no water supply

TheZohan wrote: »
    Your pro-FG/Public Service and anti-SF & Private Sector is getting tiresome at this stage. Why don't you let everyone know your connection to the former and quit your charade?

Look, it's obvious that some on here are PS/semi-state and need the trough to be kept full to keep them in the lifestyles they've become accustomed to.
    You won't see them pointing out the pay levels of their equivalents in the UK though......or in any country in a bailout for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

bladespin wrote: »
    As I posted earlier I didn't, please go back and read again.

Sorry but unless I have lost the ability to read English your post below gives the appearance of legal advice.

Quote: bladespin
    Like I suggested, show up in court, prove you're not a customer, you're entitled to your expenses for your appearance. You are obliged to the court but unless you use their service you're not obliged to a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Look, it's obvious that some on here are PS/semi-state and need the trough to be kept full to keep them in the lifestyles they've become accustomed to.
    You won't see them pointing out the pay levels of their equivalents in the UK though......or in any country in a bailout for that matter!

I've no problem with public sector workers or semi-state, but I do have a problem when they are being disingenuous by shilling. They should at least have the decency to state their affiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The ordinary "low to middle earner" never gets a look in when the economy in the North is being discussed. How they are being screwed with such high property taxes. Here it's as if nobody has any money to pay any taxes.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Thee forms IW are sending out are not contracts and a signature is not required. If you don't answer the questions and return the form you will still get a bill but you won't get any allowances which means you'll pay more. If you don't pay the bill it will be the same as if didn't pay any bill, you'll eventually end up in court.

It was posted on this thread as per IW, that the completion and return of the form constitutes a contract.

• Advertisement

Sorry but unless I have lost the ability to read English your post below gives the appearance of legal advice.

Quote: bladespin

It's a theoretical scenario posed by mrsbyrne, no one has even been billed yet nevermind summonsed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement