Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

I doubt it.

Which?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    So the water charges are included in your rent as are the bin charges. And your health cover is taken from your wages.

No, I'm pretty sure a magical pixie pays for it all.

Which?

I doubt the "branch" or "ARU" were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Showers of Irish nationals being ripped off by their own so called brethren in government you mean...? Take your foot out your mouth mate.. The guards are NOT a private security force for Irish Water.. Fact..
    Showers of scumbags..? Wind your feckin neck in.. You'd think the workers were in a war zone.. They are not..
    And people are fed up..
    What do you expect..?
    A friendly chat and the offer of a cup a tea..?

Realistically the majority of the population would be on the side of the Guards here and the people out trying to their jobs, not the people standing around shouting and causing a disturbance all day stopping people from going about their business and causing such a nuisance that the Guards have to waste their time dealing with these pests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

geeksauce wrote: »
    Realistically the majority of the population would be on the side of the Guards here and the people out trying to their jobs, not the people standing around shouting and causing a disturbance all day stopping people from going about their business and causing such a nuisance that the Guards have to waste their time dealing with these pests.

Even if you disagree with the charges, the slightest bit of intelligence would tell you that it doesn't matter if you stop the meter or not, you'll still get a bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Scuttery underpants

If that's what i meant I would have said it. I'm happy enough with the way I worded it thanks. Nobody has suggested they are a private security force but you and your ilk. Most people see that their presence is necessary to prevent a breach of the peace and injuries.

If they are doing what they are doing they are acting as a private security firm unless called by a member of the public.. Which obviously they were not.. My ilk..? You've a cheek...
    And you don't speak for "most people". So also. Don't... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yup and Garda resources being taken away because a bunch of scummers feel they have the right to.intimidate and harass people going about their work.

If they are doing what they are doing they are acting as a private security firm unless called by a member of the public.. Which obviously they were not.. My ilk..? You've a cheek...
    And you d

You think Gardaí can only do their job when called by a member of the public? Incidentally, what makes the construction workers not members of the public?

Even if you disagree with the charges, the slightest bit of intelligence would tell you that it doesn't matter if you stop the meter or not, you'll still get a bill.

You might...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And you d

So if you're in a shop working at the time and someone comes in to rob and abuse you, the owner of the shop is not allowed to ring the gardai?

You think Gardaí can only do their job when called by a member of the public? Incidentally, what makes the construction workers not members of the public?

Working in a public place for a private firm does not make you a member if the public... You are when your not at work... What's hard about that to understand..?

An astute person would also say.. The gardai are not a "private" security firm for IW... They should hire a private firm to protect their workers.. Not public payed guards..

The gardai are doing their job which is ensuring that the scummers are not allowed to intimidate and harass workers going about their business.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So if you're in a shop working at the time and someone comes in to rob and abuse you, the owner of the shop is not allowed to ring the gardai?

Pointless analogy.. Makes no sense

Working in a public place for a private firm does not make you a member if the public... You are when your not at work... What's hard about that to understand..?

So people who have jobs are not members of the public unless they are not working? This is the stupidest thing I've seen on this subject so far.

So you're in agreement with my post that a store owner when working can't call the gardai during a robbery. Nice one, now where's my balaclava....

So you're in agreement with my post that a store owner when working can't call the gardai during a robbery. Nice one, now where's my balaclava....

Make sure there are no customers because apparently they can call the Gardaí and then you are in trouble.

No. I did not say that... But the police weren't called after aggro were they..?
    They were already in position..
    Private security force..

Pointless analogy.. Makes no sense
    It's exactly what you said, several times.

I'm in agreement with nothing that comes off your keyboard/phone key pad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

The thought process of some posters here is truly shocking. Fortunately in the real world things work a little differently.

And you don't speak for "most people". So also. Don't... Thanks

Someone ring the guards and tell them they can't work Croke park, the Aviva or the O2 anymore.

It's exactly what you said, several times.

No it is not.. And you know I didn't..

Tell me this.. What is the mandate/job of the gardai..?

I doubt the "branch" or "ARU" were there.

Heh, doubt all ya like.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    The thought process of some posters here is truly shocking. Fortunately in the real world things work a little differently.

Yeah... Cause so many of you "pro" water charges crowd are really living in "the real world" as you put it.. You are yeah

No. I did not say that... But the police weren't called after aggro were they..?
    Private security force..

So guards working croke park last weekend were not working as gardai at all?

Private security force..

Feel free to take this personally, but I'm adding to you to my ignore list. As hilarious as your posts are, I can't help but feel you are taking the piss.

I'm in agreement with nothing that comes off your keyboard/phone key pad...

Cool. My posts were made by touch screen. Keep digging though, it's entertaining.

So guards working croke park last weekend were not working as gardai at all?

Again.. I don't think so.. I think you'll find they're working as a private security force there too..
    How is it the job of the guards to be at football games.. Shall we replace nightclub bouncers with guards.. What about car park security. Guards. ??

• Advertisement

Again.. I don't think so.. I think you'll find they're working as a private security force there too..
    How is it the job of the guards to be at football games.. Shall we replace nightclub bouncers with guards.. What about car park security. Guards. ??

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahHHHhHHhaAaaaaaaAaaaaAaaa.

Blocked :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement