Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Scuttery underpants

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cool. My posts were made by touch screen. Keep digging though, it's entertaining.

Clever. I see what you did there.. Wow..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahHHHhHHhaAaaaaaaAaaaaAaaa.

Blocked :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm
    Another keyboard warrior..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

So as we are already paying extra in income tax, prsi (which gets you one dental check per year.. YEH) USC which they suggested was temporary. The new LPT tax and now we have to pay a water which our tax income tax paid for up till now.

I do remember this as a kid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_Tax_Riots I was quite impressed by the public response. The sheep of Ireland are to afraid of looking out of place to resist the government. Fair play to those protesting.

I hope FG/FF/Labour enjoyed their time in the sun. Because they are gone next election. The 3 of them have made Ireland great for tourist residents and terrible for the people born and bred here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Clever. I see what you did there.. Wow..

Doubt it, you seem detached from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

T-Maxx wrote: »
    The thought process of some posters here is truly shocking. Fortunately in the real world things work a little different

You mean in your real world things are different but in my real world these charges are crippling me.You should not be shocked that there is another real world out there even if it dont affect you.

• Advertisement

sammy37 wrote: »
    T-Maxx wrote: »
    The thought process of some posters here is truly shocking. Fortunately in the real world things work a little different

You mean in your real world things are different but in my real world these charges are crippling me.You should not be shocked that there is another real world out there even if it dont affect you.

Don't be getting on your high horse telling people you can't afford things...
    You should be able to.. Enda kenny and half the posters here say you can and will.. And be thankfull

Doubt it, you seem detached from reality.

Is that your professional opinion...? Your able to tell over the internet are you..?
    I most certainly am not.. But quite a few of you's round here seem like your "detached" alright.. Big time..
    The biggest ignoramus in the country can tell "the majority" are not happy with all this... It's people like YOU living in your bubble dream land or whatever you want to call it...

It's so black and white

Enda kenny, Irish water, water charges. = good

Anyone who can't afford it and is not happy about = bad

So as we are already paying extra in income tax, prsi (which gets you one dental check per year.. YEH) USC which they suggested was temporary. The new LPT tax and now we have to pay a water which our tax income tax paid for up till now.

I do remember this as a kid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_Tax_Riots I was quite impressed by the public response. The sheep of Ireland are to afraid of looking out of place to resist the government. Fair play to those protesting.

I hope FG/FF/Labour enjoyed their time in the sun. Because they are gone next election. The 3 of them have made Ireland great for tourist residents and terrible for the people born and bred here .
    The much more popular Council Tax came in instead.

I assume you're up for a bet as to whether any of those 3 parties are in government after the next election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

It's so black and white

Enda kenny, Irish water, water charges. = good

Anyone who can't afford it and is not happy about = bad

We're more than bad, apparently we're only one step away from a combination of a skullduggerous thief and violent protestor... all that because I asked my girlfriend just to throw away a form! :)

• Advertisement

The biggest ignoramus in the country can tell "the majority" are not happy with all this... It's people like YOU living in your bubble dream land or whatever you want to call it...

If that was the case, poster boy for the 'movement', Paul Murphy would have been a shoe in every time he ran for election.

He's moved constituency again and going for 3rd time lucky this time around.

I'm not saying the majority are embracing the charge with open arms, but are accepting of the reality of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

Personally will not be providing any personal information to them. They can sing for it. Private information is just that.Already had a certain company give my name for property tax which is against the law. They will sell Irish water or it will be taken over by EU corporates when you lot are sitting on butts moaning and bending over.

Personally will not be providing any personal information to them. They can sing for it. Private information is just that.Already had a certain company give my name for property tax which is against the law. They will sell Irish water or it will be taken over by EU corporates when you lot are sitting on butts moaning and bending over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭bladespin

I assume you're up for a bet as to whether any of those 3 parties are in government after the next election?

Who could ever bet on politics here? But none of the above will be getting my vote anytime soon, FG have shown themselves for what they really are recently, pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

So guards working croke park last weekend were not working as gardai at all?
    Again.. I don't think so.. I think you'll find they're working as a private security force there too..
    How is it the job of the guards to be at football games.. Shall we replace nightclub bouncers with guards.. What about car park security. Guards. ??
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahHHHhHHhaAaaaaaaAaaaaAaaa.

Blocked :rolleyes:

Actually, scuttery underpants is partially correct on that.

bladespin wrote: »
    Who could ever bet on politics here? But none of the above will be getting my vote anytime soon, FG have shown themselves for what they really are recently, pity.
    You said they're gone after the next election, do you actually think that?

Where did I say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Unfortunately not. No matter how much damage any of the 3 of the have done, we will always get the same morons voting for them because yer man down the road got a 20 year old pot hole fill outside his house. Does not matter how badly they lead the country.

If that was the case, poster boy for the 'movement', Paul Murphy would have been a shoe in every time he ran for election.

He's moved constituency again and going for 3rd time lucky this time around.

I'm not saying the majority are embracing the charge with open arms, but are accepting of the reality of things.

He just doesn't have the right friends.

If his surname was mcnulty or quinlan, he'd have gotten a €50k+ rejection sweetener, and promoted to a state board/seanad/ministerial driver.

After all, you name me one party who doesn't look after their own? Few years back to we were near eating outta bins for God's sake.

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lacco

He just doesn't have the right friends.

If his surname was mcnulty or quinlan, he'd have gotten a €50k+ rejection sweetener, and promoted to a state board/seanad/ministerial driver.

After all, you name me one party who doesn't look after their own? Few years back to we were near eating outta bins for God's sake.

Lol.

Great post!
    Sums up so much of what is wrong here.
    Cronyism.
    They got caught out though bad week for the government.

lacco wrote: »
    Great post!
    Sums up so much of what is wrong here.
    Cronyism.
    They got caught out though bad week for the government.

It's how Paul Murphy got his seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Actually, scuttery underpants is partially correct on that.

I bet in your wildest dreams you never though you would see the day when you got to use that sentence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Anyone watched training day?

Im waiting for enda to say "it's not what you know, it's what you can prove"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You mean willing to make the unpopular decisions for the good of the country?

Where did I say that?

Ok, checked back and still can't find where I said that, can you clarify?

That said I think they're underestimating the anger that's out there, not talking about egg throwing etc, just people like me who get more annoyed at their carry on each week, they certainly make the indies and SF look more appealing (never thought I'd say that :eek:)

Sure who'd bet against the auld FF getting in now the hard part's supposedly over? lol

Catchy tune!

Opps wrong video,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

You forgot "super quango nom dom rom com from the somme" Rabble Rabble :rolleyes:

Do you even have a stake in our country?
    What's the connection? What are you drawing?

Satriale wrote: »
    I bet in your wildest dreams you never though you would see the day when you got to use that sentence!!

I'll be even more surprised if Dennis GMC Sierra is presented with an invoice for their work like they do to other events like concerts etc.

• Advertisement

You mean willing to make the unpopular decisions for the good of the country?

Eh, the McNulty coincidence, or did you miss that one? they're really reminding me of the carry on of the 'old' FF; Bertie and co.

Personally I think some of those "unpopular decisions" were made for them despite what they might say, just my opinion though.

I'm sure in the years to come they'll say they made tough decisions for the good of the country and another party got in to reap the rewards - funny how that happens FG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement