Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Do you even have a stake in our country?
    What's the connection? What are you drawing?

English please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

I reckon there's at least one person on this thread who works for 'tax non dom'/siteserv, one person who's constantly on the thread berating others with his condescending tone......

English please.

You know which way is east, don't you?

bladespin wrote: »
    Where did I say that?

Ok, checked back and still can't find where I said that, can you clarify?

That said I think they're underestimating the anger that's out there, not talking about egg throwing etc, just people like me who get more annoyed at their carry on each week, they certainly make the indies and SF look more appealing (never thought I'd say that :eek:)

Sure who'd bet against the auld FF getting in now the hard part's supposedly over? lol
    Apologies, it was dashcamdanny. I thought when I was quoted having quoted someone that it'd be the same person.
    Among the people protesting on my street today there wasn't a single one actually from my street. They're congregating from a coupla square-mile area to wherever work is being done each time. So while they may be angry there doesn't seem to be as many of them as it sometimes seems.
    Unfortunately not. No matter how much damage any of the 3 of the have done, we will always get the same morons voting for them because yer man down the road got a 20 year old pot hole fill outside his house. Does not matter how badly they lead the country.
    So they're not gone next time? Glad we cleared that up. :P

I reckon there's at least one person on this thread who works for 'tax non dom'/siteserv, one person who's constantly on the thread berating others with his condescending tone......

So name that person, The owner of the site said report and it will be investigated, did you send him a PM with the name of this suspected shill?

• Advertisement

You know which way is east, don't you?

Of course, what does that have to do with Irish water? Please stay on topic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Apologies, it was dashcamdanny. I thought when I was quoted having quoted someone that it'd be the same person.
    Among the people protesting on my street today there wasn't a single one actually from my street. They're congregating from a coupla square-mile area to wherever work is being done each time. So while they may be angry there doesn't seem to be as many of them as it sometimes seems.
    Apology accepted, please refrain in future from accusing me of something I haven't done.
    So they're not gone next time? Glad we cleared that up. :P

Oh wait :rolleyes:

There's not too many in favour of this quango who'll man up and tell us where/if they work or what their interest is in it.
    A bit of research can reveal a lot though, and confirm my views on the trough.......

Apology accepted, please refrain in future from accusing me of something I haven't done.
    Mistakes happen.
    Oh wait :rolleyes:
    That bit was directed at the person who originally said they would be gone after the next election, different name on the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Mistakes happen.

That bit was directed at the person who originally said they would be gone after the next election, different name on the quote.

;) to us all, just pokin a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You said they're gone after the next election, do you actually think that?

Well if they're to be judged by the local elections, quite possibly.

Well if they're to be judged by the local elections, quite possibly.
    What's your idea of "quite possibly"? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'll be even more surprised if Dennis GMC Sierra is presented with an invoice for their work like they do to other events like concerts etc.

Sure, cant he trade them some petrol . I presume the Squads are being Philled there anyway since Brian Hayes sorted him with that 20 Million state fuel contract!

“You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.”

Choo Choo!!

What's your idea of "quite possibly"? :)

Actually I missed the bit were three parties were mentioned.

So technically I'm wrong and I stand corrected.

Satriale wrote: »
    Sure, cant he trade them some petrol . I presume the Squads are being Philled there anyway since Brian Hayes sorted him with that 20 Million state fuel contract!

“You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.”

Choo Choo!!

That's how one can get a water meter contract with the bonus of having €100 million of a €143 million company debt written off.....
    That's €100 million that we as taxpayers will have to cough up!

The stench of corruption, cronyism and incompetence coming off everything to do with this super quango is DISGUSTING, a word the blueshirts love to use so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He just doesn't have the right friends.

His uncle is Michael Murphy from RTE and his dad was a senior manager in some big company, the name escapes me.

He may have got a sweetener when he lost his MEP seat but I'm not sure about that.

Actually I missed the bit were three parties were mentioned.

So technically I'm wrong and I stand corrected.
    No bother. I just haven't noticed too many of the protesters as being supporters of the 3 main parties so I find statements like that odd. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

barney 20v wrote: »
    I'd call the treasurer to ask him but it's 12:16 am....
    The scheme is in place since the 1970's we pay for it ourselves - eg we bought land last year to protect the treatment plant from agricultural residue for circa €100,000 all funded by group members

No problem, I understand.
    What did he tell you today though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    So the water charges are included in your rent as are the bin charges. And your health cover is taken from your wages.
    No, I'm pretty sure a magical pixie pays for it all.

The same pixie that has been paying for Irish water up to now? Or have the Irish always paid the state for water up until now? And now it's being handled by a private company should taxes not decrease?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    And now it's being handled by a private company should taxes not decrease?

Yes. And they will. You will not see the direct relationship. But you will pay less than you would do so were you not also paying a specific water charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yes. And they will. You will not see the direct relationship. But you will pay less than you would do so were you not also paying a specific water charge.

Usually Id like to think that to be true but the contry is in such a mess I just don't see it happening. Though I'll keep an open eye for any decreases. I'm usually one for privatisation too as I think states do a terrible job of running a business but the leaders of Irish water don't exactly fill me with optimism, with one today claiming we were part of the United Kingdom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

LOL😂😂😂

To think people actually believe this.

You do know that any money employed people pay to this super quango will have already been taxed and charged.

You do know that any money employed people pay to this super quango will have already been taxed and charged.

¿Qué?

To think people actually believe this.

It isnt a question of belief. It stands to reason.
    But that doesnt suit the rabble : down with quangos, government screwing us, water should be free, its a right, I'm paying enough tax I cant pay any more, its just jobs for the boys, protest and be heard, did you see the amount payed to consultants, I cant drink my water anyway why should I pay a cent, etc, etc,.

It isnt a question of belief. It stands to reason.
    But that doesnt suit the rabble : down with quangos, government screwing us, water should be free, its a right, I'm paying enough tax I cant pay any more, its just jobs for the boys, protest and be heard, did you see the amount payed to consultants, I cant drink my water anyway why should I pay a cent, etc, etc,.

That's it:rolleyes: And your belief is to pay up, no questions asked. That's sad.

¿Qué?

Its not rocket science.

If you're on a 52% tax band, (I'll keep the maths simple here) you would need to earn €1000 pre tax, to pay a €480 bill from Irish Water.

How the utter fcuk can some people not see this? It used to come from income tax, now it comes from your income taxed income.

It's quite simple.

That's it. And your belief is to pay up, no questions asked. That's sad.

Shortly after I came to Ireland, water rates were abolished. But of course it was still paid for. But I think it misled many to believe that it was free. It wasnt. Now people are having to accept the reality.

Shortly after I came to Ireland, water rates were abolished. But of course it was still paid for. But I think it misled many to believe that it was free. It wasnt. Now people are having to accept the reality.

I've never believed our water was free, did you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

ShooterSF wrote: »
    The same pixie that has been paying for Irish water up to now? Or have the Irish always paid the state for water up until now? And now it's being handled by a private company should taxes not decrease?

They should indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement