Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Like you lads have to keep telling us how paying for water twice is a good thing???

Show me where I said that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Another for the bingo card, if you're not vehemently against the charges but a realist, you're accused of being a government stooge or party member.

Doesn't matter if it doesn't go full term, the next government won't abolish it.

Assuming is different to accusing.

If I've offended you I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,022 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Micosoft leaves out all references to cronyism, nepotism, and corruption in his post.

The gigs up lads.

He also omitted something which is unique to this country as far as I know. One of our opposition parties is a government party in another country. Where they preside over a tax on the family home which is making life a misery for ordinary working people. But they are against a tax on the family home here.

Delusion or lies which?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Will register, not giving PPS numbers for either of us in the family( seriously PPS numbers for everyone for what? ).
    If its a normal semi-state like we're all lead to believe they have this information from social welfare, but its not so....they can go **** themselves.

Ive no problem paying extra and losing the child allowance, but if im paying the bill i expect the household allowance. If not ill take them to court, will probably lose( because thats plain stupid, giving a household allowance to a house thats paying ) in which case ill stop paying and accept the dribble they have to allow, and ill pay more to get my water elsewhere.

This is one of the biggest jokes in the history of the state in terms of its implementation.

Im shocked that people dont give a crap about giving their PPS number to a private company( ohh just setup as public but state owns all the shares which they can flog at any time ). Im also shocked at peoples acceptance of this, all your first payments for LPS went to setup a company where local authority workers who were to be let go were moves to Irish water, then hald of those were to be made redundant at huge costs, TD's dont way it for their second houses, member of board of directors is a driver for a TD, and theyre looking for one of your most personal identifiers( and they'll pass on your info to third parties unless you tick the box to not do so ), and lets not forget the 40+ million wasted on consultants.

Seriously WTF? this company deserves to be demolished, everyone fired, setup with no mates from politics and guaranteed to be public, then i will support it.

In respect of lack of posts on what people are intending to do thats my take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

He also omitted something which is unique to this country as far as I know. One of our opposition parties is a government party in another country. Where they preside over a tax on the family home which is making life a misery for ordinary working people. But they are against a tax on the family home here.

Delusion or lies which?

Ah, it's 'shinnertime' again.....
    Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Will register, not giving PPS numbers for either of us in the family( seriously PPS numbers for everyone for what? ).
    If its a normal semi-state like we're all lead to believe they have this information from social welfare, but its not so....they can go **** themselves.

Ive no problem paying extra and losing the child allowance, but if im paying the bill i expect the household allowance. If not ill take them to court, will probably lose( because thats plain stupid, giving a household allowance to a house thats paying ) in which case ill stop paying and accept the dribble they have to allow, and ill pay more to get my water elsewhere.

This is one of the biggest jokes in the history of the state in terms of its implementation.

Im shocked that people dont give a crap about giving their PPS number to a private company( ohh just setup as public but state owns all the shares which they can flog at any time ).

In respect of lack of posts on what people are intending to do thats my take on it.

How do you pronounce your user name?

Delusion or lies which?

With your close ties to the GAA, louth in particular, I'm surprised to read you think of the counties in the north as a different country tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Worst mistake this government made for the following simple reason:

Every time you go to the tap to do something, yes, washing your face; this tax is IN YOUR FACE!
    It's not like a TV licence, once a year, or a monthly house charge via direct debit, it's every single day, every time you use a tap in your house or use a machine that uses water.

They're out in the next general election,that's a given. They never thought through the daily affect this tax would have on people. You're constantly reminded of it in your own home.

Bye bye Enda:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Im shocked that people dont give a crap about giving their PPS number to a private company( ohh just setup as public but state owns all the shares which they can flog at any time ).

The 'dribble' isn't free.

Every time you go to the tap to do something, yes, washing your face; this tax is IN YOUR FACE!
    It's not like a TV licence, once a year, or a monthly house charge via direct debit, it's every single day, every time you use a tap in your house or use a machine that uses water.

They're out in the next general election,that's a given. They never thought through the daily affect this tax would have on people. You're constantly reminded of it in your own home.

Bye bye Enda:)

The clever people in GB renamed the Poll Tax as the Council Charge. And everyone was happy. Our new masters will rename the water charge as something different and they will tell the people there is no water charge.

• Advertisement

This government?

How do you pronounce your user name?
    Just go with TurnipLord
    Phoebas wrote: »
    The 'dribble' isn't free.
    Info? would pretty much think that that would be illegal tbh. but will not discount the greedy F**kers that are FG and irish water.

The clever people in GB renamed the Poll Tax as the Council Charge. And everyone was happy. Our new masters will rename the water charge as something different and they will tell the people there is no water charge.

If it was a fixed charge I'd get on with it. But this per litre charge is like death by a thousand drips. They're finished I tell ya, finished. I think I'll go insane by the end of the week looking at how I've wasted/ could have saved water today. :(

Info? would pretty much think that that would be illegal tbh. but will not discount the greedy F**kers that are FG and irish water.
    You think it would be illegal to charge for water? Have you not heard about the new water charges - they're all the talk these days!

If it was a fixed charge I'd get on with it. But this per litre charge is like death by a thousand drips. They're finished I tell ya, finished. I think I'll go insane by the end of the week looking at how I've wasted/ could have saved water today. :(

Don't worry - you'll settle into a routine before long. Much like you probably have with your gas and electric.

I'd say you were already near the edge with thinking about your electricty meter spinning round.

You think it would be illegal to charge for water?
    sorry? a basic nescessity that we have been paying for in tax all along( and got a nice PRSI increase 2 years ago specifically for watter ) and that people NEED TO SURVIVE? so what, we'll deprive people of it because they cant afford it? ok lets have some deaths and force a rethink maybe?

Tell your Irish Water buddies were not believing your ****, good to know the shills.

F**king holy joes and idiotic thinking.

I'd say you were already near the edge with thinking about your electricty meter spinning round.

I don't actually think of that, or the gas. They've always been that way. But this is new, and it's the way it was introduced, so underhanded, not releasing any info in terms of charges until after the local elections. No, it's a bridge too far. A fixed charge and most people would have got on with it. But per litre is going to backfire on them big time.

Pay for what you use is the fairest way to go, for practically everything.

sorry? a basic nescessity that we have been paying for in tax all along( and got a nice PRSI increase 2 years ago specifically for watter ) and that people NEED TO SURVIVE? so what, we'll deprive people of it because they cant afford it? ok lets have some deaths and force a rethink maybe?

F**king holy joes and idiotic thinking.
    No need to get hysterical. Sit down and have a nice glass of water (0.1c); you'll feel better for it.

• Advertisement

that would be cool, but you have to give your PPS for the priviledge. Otherwise youre in the luxury account of pay as you use + data priviledge tax.

No need to get hysterical. Sit down and have a nice glass of water (0.1c); you'll feel better for it.
    not hysterical, just pointing our the shills like yourself :)

80% of the country are being unfairly charged via estimated bills so.

not hysterical, just pointing our the shills like yourself :)

Can you not debate without resorting to calling someone who doesn't agree with you a shill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    There's no 'austerity' in the PS/semi-state sector.
    Pay rises every year bar one since 2008.

Ned, while i do understand that you obviously oppose water charges and have issues with the Government and mechanisms of the state, if you are going to head down this well trodden path you aren't going to get anywhere apart from raising a cheer or two from the fringes.
    Have a coherent argument, back it up with facts and challenge your opponent with logic and reason. You do yourself and your cause no favours by descending into childish rants.

Bingo.

I had my card already filled out 4 posts ago.

80% of the country are being unfairly charged via estimated bills so.

Yes, possibly. Or they may be benefitting by using more than the average estimated amount.

I had my card already filled out 4 posts ago.

I removed the 'bingo' in case it was misunderstood as being 'bingo, you're right with what you said'.

Can you not debate without resorting to calling someone who doesn't agree with you a shill ?
    sorry but there is no debate on a civil right "You think it would be illegal to charge for water?" - water, while it is a resource is a basic necessity, the debate was regarding a free dribble of water, it is as far as i know illegal to deny people basic water availabilty, as in to deny non payers water whatsoever. Therefore there is no debate.

Are all you pro water charges rich c**ts or something? where the f*** are you coming from? cos youre not in my taxed to **** situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Scarface123

To all those complaining about water charges, what about people living in the country who have to spend Thousands to supply themselves with water? And foot every penny of maintenance costs, electricity costs, And pay septic tank charges. Ye have it too easy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement