Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Have to say, the damage being done by the blueshirts and their mates in siteserv/GMC sierra to community relations between Gardai and residents in communities all over the country is DISGUSTING.
    It'll put this country back years.
    All the good work these hard working Gardai have done over the years is being undone by Enda kenny and his cronies in Irish Water.
    What a shameful thing to do.

The Gardai are being kept from vital work by these political election canvassers. It has nothing to do with people not being able to afford to pay, though I have no doubt there are some in that unfortunate position. It's all about getting their man or woman elected in the upcoming by elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

The Gardai are being kept from vital work by these political election canvassers. It has nothing to do with people not being able to afford to pay, though I have no doubt there are some in that unfortunate position. It's all about getting their man or woman elected in the upcoming by elections.

Whether it's right or wrong or whether it's the Gardai's fault or the protesters fault, the damage this is doing to community relations in these areas will come home to roost.
    It takes years and years for trust to be built up and the blueshirts have destroyed that trust in a short couple of months.
    The blueshirts should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the Gardai be the security firm, paid for by us, for a private company.

Typical, DISGUSTING behaviour from a government who only care for money.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Whether it's right or wrong or whether it's the Gardai's fault or the protesters fault, the damage this is doing to community relations in these areas will come home to roost.
    It takes years and years for trust to be built up and the blueshirts have destroyed that trust in a short couple of months.
    The blueshirts should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the Gardai be the security firm, paid for by us, for a private company.

Typical, DISGUSTING, blueshirt behaviour.

Nothing worse than seeing idiotic repetitive postsn throughout a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

geeksauce wrote: »
    Yes and is now being provided by IW, who will be issuing bills shortly.

...Which won't be in my name as my darling girl threw out the form and which I won't be paying... they're welcome to post them of course, I can always use scrap paper for my typewriter :)

...Which won't be in my name as my darling girl threw out the form and which I won't be paying... they're welcome to post them of course, I can always use scrap paper for my typewriter :)

Ah so because the form was binned that means the bill goes away? In reality your girl throwing the forms away will cost you more in the long run.

• Advertisement

Nothing worse than seeing idiotic repetitive postsn throughout a thread.

Stop doing it then, and learn to spell before you come back.......

Stop doing it then, and learn to spell before you come back.......

Oh noes he spotted a typo

What a burn

:rolleyes:

I wonder will any of our 'new Irish' tell us their interest in these new taxes and quango's?
    Maybe that's the way it is in their home countries....
    There's some on here who I'm sure coughed up the poll tax...

Ah so because the form was binned that means the bill goes away? In reality your girl throwing the forms away will cost you more in the long run.

As has been established several times in this thread, supply to a dwelling can't be cut off, they don't have our names to take us to court over this, and even if they can practically and legally limit our water supply, it's very easy to reverse.

So you'll forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over not paying a cent. :)

Edit : To forestall your next question, yes I would happily pay 100 Euro to a sympathetic plumber to undo IW's fiddling of my stopcock if it comes to it, on principle. I feel the charges are unjust - take it out of tax money, or not at all.

I don't know why people are even worried about this, just shred the form and forget about it.

Video showing what is claimed to be water meters being removed by Irish water!

• Advertisement

As has been established several times in this thread, supply to a dwelling can't be cut off, they don't have our names to take us to court over this, and even if they can practically and legally limit our water supply, it's very easy to reverse.

So you'll forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over not paying a cent. :)

Keep telling yourself that ;)

Keep telling yourself that ;)

It's not a matter of opinion, they're not getting a penny out of me! :)

Isn't there something quite strange in persons who join a board like this and in less than 6 weeks almost all their posts are attacking people against water charges.
    Quite strange indeed, you'd nearly think they were being paid to post, although the standard of that posting wouldn't be worth a lot.

Isn't there something quite strange in persons who join a board like this and in less than 6 weeks almost all their posts are attacking people against water charges.
    Quite strange indeed, you'd nearly think they were being paid to post, although the standard of that posting wouldn't be worth a lot.

Much as I symparhise with your point of view Fr. Ned, I can't agree with you here. If the government wanted to hire goons to publicise IW's charges, they'd find people who are articulate and capable of forming a rational argument rather than trying to clumsily imply you're some kind of anarchistic thief for refusing to pay an unjust levy.

Everything I've read so far has made me even more determined never to hand over a single cent to Irish Water - which is rather easy to do if they have to keep supplying water regardless of whether you pay or not. :D

Much as I symparhise with your point of view Fr. Ned, I can't agree with you here. If the government wanted to hire goons to publicise IW's charges, they'd find people who are articulate and capable of forming a rational argument rather than trying to clumsily imply you're some kind of anarchistic thief for refusing to pay an unjust levy.

True.
    It's amusing though....in a strange kind of way.

Who would that be? C'mon man name names along with your usual claims!

Not too clever either.

True.
    It's amusing though....in a strange kind of way.

It veers to close to the ad hominem for me Ned, I think it's best to argue these unfair charges on their own terms. There's plenty of bigotry and ignorance out there to explain why someone would support these charges without delving further into their motives.

I don't expect to pay extra charges for the water I use any more than I expect to pay more as a pedestrian for using pavements more often than drivers, by all means keep the USC where it is rather than lower it if that's what it takes.

Not too clever either.

Are you implying that I am only here six weeks? Are you implying that I am being paid to post here? Say what you mean don't be afraid.

Are you implying that I am only here six weeks? Are you implying that I am being paid to post here? Say what you mean don't be afraid.

It's true it says you joined in August of this year but it doesn't matter what your motives are - it's easy to argue the point with you on its own terms.

I couldn't care less if you'd been on Boards since its inception and a millionaire to boot, saying that already burdened families should be forced to pay more for a basic necessity is wrong. Hopefully we can have the law changed next session, in the meantime we can engage in civil disobedience quite easily by refusing to register or pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Isn't there something quite strange in persons who join a board like this and in less than 6 weeks almost all their posts are attacking people in support of water charges.

FTFY.

It works both ways unfortunately, but don't let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Does anyone have any idea how to read a water meter? I only noticed that it was fitted this evening and would like to know what the units signify so I can keep an eye on my consumption. Thanks.

It's true it says you joined in August of this year but it doesn't matter what your motives are - it's easy to argue the point with you on its own terms.

I couldn't care less if you'd been on Boards since its inception and a millionaire to boot, saying that already burdened families should be forced to pay more for a basic necessity is wrong. Hopefully we can have the law changed next session, in the meantime we can engage in civil disobedience quite easily by refusing to register or pay.

I have been around a lot longer than six weeks. You can refuse to pay of course but like refusing to pay any bill you will eventually be taken to court and possibly have a judgement made against you. Of course if you are not on the public waywer system then this is a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

You've used over 4,000 gallons to date.

Usually I have to wave a placard or sign a petition to protest - I should be thanking Irish Water really because all I had to do was tell my partner to bin the form and do nothing... Quite the rebel! :)

Thats one messy job the Irish water lads did!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

4000 Megalitres

It veers to close to the ad hominem for me Ned, I think it's best to argue these unfair charges on their own terms. There's plenty of bigotry and ignorance out there to explain why someone would support these charges without delving further into their motives.

I don't expect to pay extra charges for the water I use any more than I expect to pay more as a pedestrian for using pavements more often than drivers, by all means keep the USC where it is rather than lower it if that's what it takes.

These charges are being brought in because there's not enough money in the kitty.
    There's a few reasons for that, overpaid and bloated civil/public service for a country our size, a welfare state which costs almost €20 billion per annum, interest on loans taken out to bailout bankrupt banks and an unwillingness by this sham government to levy or enforce a proper corporate tax rate on MNC's here.
    The final point here has us known throughout the world as a tax haven, not something we should be proud of.
    There's other reasons too, it seems that every time the blueshirts are in office they pander to their 'tax non dom' mate by either giving him a phone license or this time by selling him a company called siteserv, getting us to pay a €100 million debt on that company, and then awarding him the meter contract.

If any other party tried that, the same ones on this site shouting down any dissenting voices would be up in arms. They obviously benefit from the set up of yet another blueshirt quango.

I have been around a lot longer than six weeks. You can refuse to pay of course but like refusing to pay any bill you will eventually be taken to court and possibly have a judgement made against you. Of course if you are not on the public waywer system then this is a moot point.

You could be an Octogenarian for all I care, it's besides the point. We've not filled in the form, since my darling girl is a lawyer she's informed me you can't summon a Mr and Mrs X to court ; you need to know who they are, also we can't have an arrest put on our earnings, so once again the courts can go hang... you're probably seeing a pattern emerging here, where all we have to do is ignore the whole issue and still get free water.

I do worry about going for a hot shower in the morning and finding it reduced to a trickle. Fortunately a friend of mine and another excellent young man on here have volunteered to undo the damage caused.

It's also not even immediately clear that it would even be possible to reduce the water flow to our apartment without gaining entry, which needless to say we're not going to be very willing to allow - we don't even answer the doorbell if we're not expecting anyone! :)

• Advertisement

I have been around a lot longer than six weeks. .

Multiple accounts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement