Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

why is it that there only seems to be hassle in the so called working class areas?
    if they had jobs to go to they wouldn't have time to be protesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

Multiple accounts?

Well spotted irishfreeview ; still please Mods don't boot him off, I can debate this on its own terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Essien wrote: »
    FTFY.

It works both ways unfortunately, but don't let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Don't interfere with my posts, it's against the site's rules.
    And no before you ask, I won't report you, I'm telling you myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

why is it that there only seems to be hassle in the so called working class areas?

Have you been to many protests? You usually see a cross section of society - I attended several in Dublin while I was working, there is such a thing as a day off you know!

It makes it easy to belittle them though doesn't it? The only way someone could possibly make such a fuss over a little thing like clean drinking water is clearly because they have too much time on their hands after all, erm... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Don't interfere with my posts, it's against the site's rules.
    And no before you ask, I won't report you, I'm telling you myself.

But what about my quota? I'd never earn my bonus if I played by your rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I've decided to switch my water supplier from 'Irish Water' to 'Trocaire'...
    They can supply me and my village for just €2 per month.....

Who says they haven't got jobs?
    The latest video I seen was filmed at 7.30 this morning.
    There's a thing called shift work too you know.

Multiple accounts?

I thought multiple accounts were a big no no on this site?:confused:

Essien wrote: »
    But what about my quota? I'd never earn my bonus if I played by your rules.

Stick to the site rules, it'd fit you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

These charges are being brought in because there's not enough money in the kitty.
    There's a few reasons for that, overpaid and bloated civil/public service for a country our size, a welfare state which costs almost €20 billion per annum, interest on loans taken out to bailout bankrupt banks and an unwillingness by this sham government to levy or enforce a proper corporate tax rate on MNC's here.
    The final point here has us known throughout the world as a tax haven, not something we should be proud of.
    There's other reasons too, it seems that every time the blueshirts are in office they pander to their 'tax non dom' mate by either giving him a phone license or this time by selling him a company called siteserv, getting us to pay a €100 million debt on that company, and then awarding him the meter contract.

If any other party tried that, the same ones on this site shouting down any dissenting voices would be up in arms. They obviously benefit from the set up of yet another blueshirt quango.

And another repetitive idiotic post clogs up the thread.

• Advertisement

I've told you already, stop doing it.
    You lads don't learn, do you?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Have you been to many protests? You usually see a cross section of society - I attended several in Dublin while I was working, there is such a thing as a day off you know!

It makes it easy to belittle them though doesn't it? The only way someone could possibly make such a fuss over a little thing like clean drinking water is clearly because they have too much time on their hands after all, erm... :-D

they are used to getting handouts all their life that's all that's wrong with them.they are afraid they will have to cancel sky sports or the holiday to magalouf

You could be an Octogenarian for all I care, it's besides the point. We've not filled in the form, since my darling girl is a lawyer she's informed me you can't summon a Mr and Mrs X to court ; you need to know who they are, also we can't have an arrest put on our earnings, so once again the courts can go hang... you're probably seeing a pattern emerging here, where all we have to do is ignore the whole issue and still get free water.

I do worry about going for a hot shower in the morning and finding it reduced to a trickle. Fortunately a friend of mine and another excellent young man on here have volunteered to undo the damage caused.

It's also not even immediately clear that it would even be possible to reduce the water flow to our apartment without gaining entry, which needless to say we're not going to be very willing to allow - we don't even answer the doorbell if we're not expecting anyone! :)

Mr and Mrs X? Or just the owner of the property :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Stick to the site rules, it'd fit you better.

I honestly didn't even know that was a rule, and I've been posting here years. But again, who needs reality anyway.

Edit: Feel free to report me by the way. You're telling me probably hasn't had the desired effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Usually I have to wave a placard or sign a petition to protest - I should be thanking Irish Water really because all I had to do was tell my partner to bin the form and do nothing... Quite the rebel! :)

I'll bet your partner considers herself lucky having you to tell her what to do.

Multiple accounts?

If that's what you want to think.

Your back!

Can I ask, do you operate multiple accounts considering your account is from August, but you claim to have been here longer.

they are used to getting handouts all their life that's all that's wrong with them.they are afraid they will have to cancel sky sports or the holiday to magalouf

What an ignorant post.:rolleyes:

I thought multiple accounts were a big no no on this site?:confused:

They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Fr. Ned and Timberrrrrrrr, and everyone else for that matter, Knock off the petty snide remarks. If you can't post civilly and within the charter, then don't post at all. Get back on topic.

• Advertisement

So, back on topic, well kinda....
    Isn't it amazing how Phil Hogan was welcomed by open arms today when he took up his new 'position' in Euroland?
    A hero's welcome for the man who brought in multiple taxes on the Irish homeowner.....

Isn't it amazing how Phil Hogan was welcomed by open arms today when he took up his new 'position' in Euroland?
    A hero's welcome for the man who brought in multiple taxes on the Irish homeowner.....

How isn that back on topic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Bit of activity in Dundalk. LMFM radio reported three named individuals and a mystery man who appeared in court charged with obstructing meter installation. None of the three were from the street where this happened. One of them couldn't remember his address in court. Another one told the judge "I have the right to remain silent" after identfying himself as Thomas of the family xxxxxx. A real life Freeman. There is a video, all very civilised in comparison to some of the stuff happening in Dublin. And much nicer accents as well.

http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/10/02/four-arrested-in-dundalk-following-water-meter-protest/

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152741241068749

In fairness he slapped the face of the Sinn Fein guy, Carthy I think his name is.

Carthy was going on a rant about how Hogan was a bad man and then Hogan talked about how the Head SF guy from the north welcomed him and couldn't wait to work with him!

A awful cock up by SF there !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In fairness he slapped the face of the Sinn Fein guy, Carthy I think his name is.

Carthy was going on a rant about how Hogan was a bad man and then Hogan talked about how the Head SF guy from the north welcomed him and couldn't wait to work with him!

That's all wrong. It was a Sinn Fein woman.

That wasn't the point I was getting at.
    A massive salary now awaits Hogan after screwing Irish people for owning a house in order to keep his new employers happy.

That's all wrong. It was a Sinn Fein woman.

Just going on something I was reading elsewhere.

I understood it was Carthy and Ming that were there to oppose Hogans appointment.

It's a bit early in the day for the 'shinners' argument, isn't it?

That wasn't the point I was getting at.
    A massive salary now awaits Hogan after screwing Irish people for owning a house in order to keep his new employers happy.

Not to mention another cushy pension to add to the collection.

Whats that now,

TD pension,
    Ministerial Pension,
    EU pension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I liked the way 'Big Phil' got a round of applause from his fellow MEP's when he bitch-slapped down the Shinner loudmouth.

SF are obviously as popular in Europe as they are in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement