Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Daith wrote: »
    Residents are wasting Gardai resources.

Did the residents call the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

heard this goon on the radio, serious smell of bs off this story.

what was he at, trying to breed a sports team or wha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

conorh91 wrote: »
    A Carrickmacross family claims they face water charges up to €4000 per annum, because they have accumulated a grand total of 13 children.

Listen here
    http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/13240/13219/02nd_October_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1

The taxpayer hands this family €21,000 per year in Child Benefit, no questions asked about these parents' bizarre, or negligent, reproductive choices.

OK, so be it. It's not necessarily any of our business how many kids they have.

But if the father of this household goes on radio looking for sympathy over his water bill, would you be inclined to be sympathetic towards him?

I'd hand him a Burdizzo and let him do the job himself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burdizzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I have no sympathy whatsoever. Children cost money, and they made a choice to have a lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

If they've to start re-using bath water it'd be fair shít to be the 13th kid in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Family of 13 shocked when they find out they have to pay for said children. :confused:

Keep it in your trousers, or suck it up (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Daith wrote: »
    Nah, people should be able to work in peace.

Residents are wasting Gardai resources.

They're not residents. Four arrested in Dundalk and brought to court, three not from the estate where they were protesting. The other one is unidentified. The rent a mob will have disappeared by the time the actual residents get their water bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Wouldn't he be entitled to certain allowances? Otherwise, how is it a news story?

Oh wait, to rabble-rouse. :pac:

I have my criticisms of Irish Water but he's totted up how much he'll be charged approximately. What's the issue? There aren't any extra charges - it'll cost a lot because of the number of people in the household.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

So da gubberment is trying to limit the size of families?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No one, i assume, forced them to have 13 kids.
    Maybe they should have thought of costs back at number 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

So da gubberment is trying to limit the size of families?

And it's more people we need, not less!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

it cost say €80m or is it €80b to set up irish water, could not that amount have been used to help upgrade the service, if the goverment then said homeowner are being made to pay €500 over two years as a once off payment to add to the goverments imput, could/would this have solved all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

13 kids? Hardy man!

VinLieger wrote: »
    Sinn Feins numbers budget numbers don't hold up to scrutiny, we just need to hope there are enough intelligent people left in the country not swayed by populist politics. Wanna talk about promises not kept wait till you see the shinners backpeddling on the water and ltp if they ever get into power.

But thats incredibly off topic

Our budgets aren't decided by Irish people.

You do know that Germany gets to see our budgets and has to approve them before anyone outside the 'gang of four' who run this country see them?

I wouldn't want to be the employer having to pay him a "living wage".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wouldn't he be entitled to certain allowances? Otherwise, how is it a news story?
    Nearly half a million litres a year if the kids are all under 18.

Bigger families in certain parts of the world wouldn't use that amount in a lifetime.

OSI wrote: »
    So you'd actually prefer they were beaten?

Yea, that's right. That's what I said right there. Jesus Christ:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No sympathy. If I've to pay then so does he. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

They get childrens allowance so does every family, but at least he is going to work to help support his family, probably one of the very few with 13 children who do work !!. The water charge will bring him closer to the point where it doesn't make economical sense for him to go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Shocker! Kids that cost money?! Surely not

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i honestly query sometimes how having too many children isn't seen as negligence by the law towards the other children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Most Fertile Man In Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

M5 wrote: »
    Family of 13 shocked when they find out they have to pay for said children. :confused:

Keep it in your trousers or suck it up (no pun intended)

It's a bit late to be telling him that now.

Ronin247 wrote: »
    They get childrens allowance so does every family, but at least he is going to work to help support his family, probably one of the very few with 13 children who do work !!. The water charge will bring him closer to the point where it doesn't make economical sense for him to go to work.

What would he do if he had to stay home all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

conorh91 wrote: »
    A Carrickmacross family claims they face water charges up to €4000 per annum, because they have accumulated a grand total of 13 children.

Listen here
    http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/13240/13219/02nd_October_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1

The taxpayer hands this family €21,000 per year in Child Benefit, no questions asked about these parents' bizarre, or negligent, reproductive choices.

OK, so be it. It's not necessarily any of our business how many kids they have.

But if the father of this household goes on radio looking for sympathy over his water bill, would you be inclined to be sympathetic towards him?

This is a trully serious subject OP and I am deeply concerned.

BUT - I have to listen to half the Pat Feckin Kenny show - a show that I studiously manage to avoid :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What would he do if he had to stay home all day.

make more babies?

flutered wrote: »
    it cost say €80m or is it €80b to set up irish water, could not that amount have been used to help upgrade the service, if the goverment then said homeowner are being made to pay €500 over two years as a once off payment to add to the goverments imput, could/would this have solved all of this.

It's actually €180 million...so far.. plus 'tax non dom's' contract, supposed to be north of €1 billion.
    What, exactly, have we got for our money there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ronin247 wrote: »

He'd have to pay them whether he was unemployed or not wouldn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Humans reproducing. My taxes Joee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

We're in a group water scheme, so it makes no difference to us. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement