Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Ronin247 wrote: »
    They get childrens allowance so does every family, but at least he is going to work to help support his family, probably one of the very few with 13 children who do work
    there's no "at least" about it. Nobody deserves 'credit' for doing the responsible thing and getting a job.

I wonder if his job pays as much as his child benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

VinLieger wrote: »
    Sinn Feins numbers budget numbers don't hold up to scrutiny, we just need to hope there are enough intelligent people left in the country not swayed by populist politics. Wanna talk about promises not kept wait till you see the shinners backpeddling on the water and ltp if they ever get into power.

But thats incredibly off topic

I hope the IP you refer to , are not the same IP who voted for FF, that we do not need.

FG are in the same boat.

What choice do we have?

I don't support SF, reality is, like it or not SF are an alternitave.

FF=FG thats the way a lot of people are thinking.

SF have excelled in the void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Circa €20,000 per year in children's allowance someone worked out he gets.

He was on Pat Kenny this morning, bit of a fool, said he was going to buy bottled water as he thought it would be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

conorh91 wrote: »
    But if the father of this household goes on radio looking for sympathy over his water bill, would you be inclined to be sympathetic towards him?

No.. doesn't 13 children equate to something like 355,000 litres of water in allowances to them? Cheaper by the dozen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Macavity. wrote: »
    We're in a group water scheme, so it makes no difference to us. :pac:

A few posts ago I referred to 'Who's next?' in relation to the Gardai being used as a security force for a private company.
    As the lotto ad goes..."It could be yooooouuuu......"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Thirteen kids - wizard's sleeve comes to mind :eek:

Must have been a bit "carrot up the hall" after the fifth or sixth:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The wife must have a cludge like a hippos yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    A few posts ago I referred to 'Who's next?' in relation to the Gardai being used as a security force for a private company.

What does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

If this man ever did go on the dole, he'd earn €57k between the dole and child benefit.

Do we need a benefits cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Gardai would be well familiar with the criminal activities of some of the characters they meet at these "protests". At least when they are there they can keep an eye on them.

• Advertisement

gladrags wrote: »
    I hope the IP you refer to , are not the same IP who voted for FF, that we do not need.

FG are in the same boat.

What choice do we have?

I don't support SF, reality is, like it or not SF are an alternitave.

FF=FG thats the way a lot of people are thinking.

SF have excelled in the void.

The three main party's SF/FF/FG are all within 5 or 6 points of each other in all the recent polls.
    FG think it's all about the economy, it's not though, it's all about lies/corruption/cronyism and nepotism brought to a new, higher level by FG.

We won't forget the lies told about having 'a new and transparent way of doing politics' or the classic 'end to cronyism and corruption' promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Isn't there that endearing country tradition of running a bath, for dad, then mum gets in (after Dad has left we don't want anymore kids) and then then the kids wash in the same bath.

Simples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

OSI wrote: »
    So you'd actually prefer they were beaten?

Ridiculous post.
    There is a huge difference between keeping peace and picking sides.

The Gardai would be well familiar with the criminal activities of some of the characters they meet at these "protests". At least when they are there they can keep an eye on them.

Yea? do explain further. Name a few names there.
    Or is that just more of your smear campaign?

Were there any, eh, let me see now....................... 'shinners', yea that's it, 'shinners' there?
    They're under your bed you know???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

I liked the way 'Big Phil' got a round of applause from his fellow MEP's when he bitch-slapped down the Shinner loudmouth.

I liked the way 'Bill Phil' told everyone he didn't sort out jobs in Irish Water for his pals and some people believed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

Macavity. wrote: »
    We're in a group water scheme, so it makes no difference to us. :pac:

Until its taken over by Irish Water

Yea? do explain further. Name a few names there.
    Or is that just more of your smear campaign?

Do a bit of research about those arrested in Dundalk. I won't say any more or name any names at present since some of them are out on bail or on remand.

As a quid pro quo could you present some evidence to show that IW will be privatised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He should switch his water provider to troicare considering they can supply a village for 2 euro a month

I asked if you'd prefer if they were left unprotected, with the possibility of being beaten. You replied, with "sticks and stones and all that".

What age are you? Do you know the expression 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me'?
    Look it up and you'll get the meaning of it.
    FFS!

• Advertisement

Do a bit of research about those arrested in Dundalk. I won't say any more or name any names at present since some of them are out on bail or on remand.

No, you're making the claims. Back them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

It's a bit late to be telling him that now.

Can hardly have been a shock to him on the 13th go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Is this yet another made up media shock story like the Pakistani man supposedly getting 90k in benefits and the Polish woman that gave some rant about how she hated Ireland as she lived on benefits?

Where do you work? I'll turn up with an angry mob and start harrassing you and your colleagues, shove cameras in your face and throw ourselves at your cars when you try to leave the hostile situation. Bet you won't be long calling the Gards.

Now, that would be good for a laugh.
    I wonder which one of my staff, all good strong 6' plus lads, I'd have to call off first....

Anyway, did you look up that expression and understand the meaning of it?

No, you're making the claims. Back them up.

OK. I anonymised this piece of reportage. If you want more we should probably open a new thread. And do get back to me with evidence of the upcoming privitisation of IW.

xxxxx is charged with causing criminal damage to the windows of a house and to a car at the same property in Dundalk on xxxxxx. It is alleged the total damage is €3,000.He is also charged with threatening or abusive behaviour and assault of a man at xxxxxx on xxxx.The gardaí set bail conditions, including that he keep away from the alleged injured party, observe a curfew from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. and sign on once a week at Dundalk Garda station. -

He is one of those arrested trying to obstruct IW workers.

The George is it?

Is that your local?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

conorh91 wrote: »
    there's no "at least" about it. Nobody deserves 'credit' for doing the responsible thing and getting a job.

I wonder if his job pays as much as his child benefit.
    I imagine he gets a top up of Family Income Supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I liked the way 'Bill Phil' told everyone he didn't sort out jobs in Irish Water for his pals and some people believed him.

Big Phil!!!

Not intelligent Phil, or honest Phil, or how Phil is a shining light of democracy.

Big Al,Big Phil, the word Mafia comes to mind.

OK. I anonymised this piece of reportage. If you want more we should probably open a new thread. And do get back to me with evidence of the upcoming privitisation of IW.

xxxxx is charged with causing criminal damage to the windows of a house and to a car at the same property in Dundalk on xxxxxx. It is alleged the total damage is €3,000.He is also charged with threatening or abusive behaviour and assault of a man at xxxxxx on xxxx.The gardaí set bail conditions, including that he keep away from the alleged injured party, observe a curfew from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. and sign on once a week at Dundalk Garda station. -

He is one of those arrested trying to obstruct IW workers.

I said privatisation will happen years from now, not 'upcoming' as in the imminent.
    Now, who were the others arrested?

• Advertisement

I said privatisation will happen years from now, not 'upcoming' as in the imminent.

Evidence please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement