Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny/weird nicknames for your dog

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

My Dog is called Nymeria ... she really enjoyed standing heat and I started to call her Nympho!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Abbey, when she was younger, had the nickname Destructopup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'll call Gypsy our collie cross Moos because she looks like a little calf, As for Gunner our Collie/Labrador cross I call him Mugumbo because of the often blank look on his face and the fact he knocks everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

our dog Harry also called Har, Harold, my baby, dude, monkey, monkey socks, stinky, smelly belly, harryosaurs, snuggly
    I also call my OH the majority of those pet names :o

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

As the Yanks say, I oughta "Take the 5th", in order not to incriminate myself as a total nutter. But here are some of my less mortifying names for Token: Toker-Loker, Bellygirl, Bootboot, Pupstar (she's 11, & I never knew her as a pup), and on a windy day Smelly McFartButt - - oh dear, I'd better stop there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Sonny is Sonny Boo Boo cos he's a drama queen and he LOVES dressing up and attention.

Pep, who is a cat, is Fatso Catso. I'm making her a Cape and she will be the fattest and most stylish feline super hero.

Mouse, also feline, is my widdle fwuffy snuggle fwuffykins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dad calls Lucy Pupcy lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

We call Cooper - coopaloop (where my user name came from) also coop, cooperlooper, doop, puppy love.

Sheba gets called sheba reeba, crazy, crazy eyes, snuggle buddy, little girl.

And we sometimes merge their two names together as shoober, cos that's just how we roll 😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Collectively my guinea pigs are known as the stinks, the smells, the stinky smells, smellingtons, stinky-winks, and piggyliciouses.

They all have nicknames but they're nearly all varieties of their real names. For example, Maggie is 'Magaggie', Snowden is 'Snowsnow', Gibbs is 'Gibbsy', etc.

Ruby is also called 'Fatty-fatty-fattykins'. After (at least) two litters (she's a rescue, so two litters I know of) she's a bit on the chubby side.

I used to have a girl called Elena, and her nickname was 'Lieutenant Lenie' because she was the herd enforcer and right hand piggy to Hilda, the queen of the herd.

And Beadie was called 'Tribble' because she was so fluffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Nothing very original in my house, they're all mostly variations of her name which is Polly.

So we have Pollser, Pollykins, Pollywogs, Pollywaddles, Baby.

My brother calls her Polly Pocket and my Dad calls her The Polly Cow - nobody is sure about that one :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Poopypants, Sweet Lola Brown, Lola bug, Lola buns, Brown bear, Squiggledybum,

The list goes on.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Trevor: Trev, Trevvie, Trevvie-doodles, Doodles, Baby and erm Gob****e. He answers to them all.
    Rodney: Rods, Pup, Rodders and Lad.

Collectively they're my boys...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My Newfies nickname is "F**king more slobber for me to clean up" How the f**k did you get it on the ceiling?

Yep living with a Newfie is a constant battle of man versus drool!!!

Usually its just the "bailster" or "bails" her name being Bailey and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Mine is 'The Padster'; Dog Pog, Pad, pad or Puppykins! And he answers to them :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

big male lab ...called sir lance alot ;)...randy fecker:D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cocobubbles

Seeing as I started the thread I never actually mentioned what I call my lot!

Simba - simber or simber simber, hello dog (weird I know but he answers to it!!), grump, lion king (hence the name Simba, it's my all time favourite film), loner (he prefers his own company)
    Nala - nala perv (she has a tendency to spy on me when I'm in the shower!!) fatty, spider dog, nala freak, nala fatty (i love her really!!), ripper roo (from crash bandicoot), slob, ghetto dog
    Shade - puppy, shadey mac shade-ingston, shadey, pissy pants (he wees himself a lot!) pissy bed, cauliflower (don't ask me why!), bonky

They also have their own song, for example to the tune of Spider Pig from the Simpsons Movies - Nala perv, nala perv, does whatever a nala perv does....

God i love my "kids" !!!:D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

We're dog sitting this week, a chihuahua cross called tilly. Her nickname is generally till bill, or other variations such as till till.

Tara's latest nickname is houdini as she has managed to escape from our new fence twice this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Our boy chester has the very unfortunate nickname of Chester the Molester :o For no reason other than they rhyme! Poor dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Bear's nickname is cheese, as I when I used to call him, 'come on bear' sounded like camembert so .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Our black lab Rocky gets: Rocko, Rockstar, Melvin Van Rockwell, Monsieur le Roc, Rocky Balboa, Apollo Creed, Barocky bama, Cilla Black, Dawwg... there's no end to the names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

angeldaisy wrote: »
    We're dog sitting this week, a chihuahua cross called tilly. Her nickname is generally till bill, or other variations such as till till.

Tara's latest nickname is houdini as she has managed to escape from our new fence twice this week!!

My other dog escaped from her fence a few times also so we called her houdini as well. One time she escaped and was missing for a few hours so got called Dora the Explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

My lad is Toby, so hes Tobyjugs,( Toby be or not Toby),Toby Noby, Fred, we have no idea why he answers to it, and Jesus Christ :o on those please hurry days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Over the last few days I've started calling my piggie Persephone (normally Seph or Sephie for short) 'Biscuit-face'. I don't really know why. She's a biscuity colour so it suits her, I guess. It just feels right!

Advertisement