Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband problems...again

Options
  • 15-07-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I had problems with my broadband about a year ago. As usual Everything except the broadband was blamed but eventually (after much complaining) I started to get decent speeds again

until now

I am paying for 7mb broadband. Today my download speed was 0.33mbs!

That is completely unacceptable. I could just pay for 2mb broadband if this is the quality I'm going to get.

There is no problem with my modem
    There is no problem with my laptop

I need to get this fixed or I will be leaving Eircom next week. I am so sick of crap wifi. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Irishchick wrote: »
    I had problems with my broadband about a year ago. As usual Everything except the broadband was blamed but eventually (after much complaining) I started to get decent speeds again

until now

That is completely unacceptable. I could just pay for 2mb broadband if this is the quality I'm going to get.

I need to get this fixed or I will be leaving Eircom next week. I am so sick of crap wifi. 
    Hi Irishchick

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will run somes tests to see if I can identify the issue.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

until now

Hi Irishchick

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will run somes tests to see if I can identify the issue.

Thanks
    Al
    done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

until now

Hi Irishchick

Thanks
    Al
    done

Hi Irishchick

Thanks for your PM,

I have conducted tests and I can confirm that there are no issues with your line both externally or internally. The internal set up you have seems fine and my test reports are showing your speeds are synced at 7MB. As you have a third party modem I'm unable to identify if the firmware is fully up to date.

I contacted technical support for further advice and they have asked me to advise you to contact them in relation to this, they will be able to conduct further tests and gain further insight on your issues. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here: http://bit.ly/1ePJWdV

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement