Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antonio Conte resigns as Juve coach?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

grenache wrote: »
    An Italian buddy of mine and a massive Juve fan, just told me that Conte has stepped down as Juve coach. Can't find anything about it on the net though, even if there was speculation about his position.

Anybody else hear anything?

It's all over Twitter apparently.

Edit: I don't mean he resigned because of Twitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's on Sky website and app about half an hour

Mutual consent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Everyone go and stick a bet on him becoming the next Italy manager.

Quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Dapics wrote: »

Quick

One can only assume it's his next destination, and why he has stepped down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Speculation on Vidal to go through the roof...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It is either something to do with a) Lack of spend at Juve so far this summer b) Selling off Vidal or Pogba c) He's been offered the Italian job or d) All of the above.

I can only assume that Juve would not be stupid enough to hire that clown Mancini as Conte's replacement....

A pity Prandelli has been snapped up by Galatasaray. I'd like to have seen him take charge of Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Dapics wrote: »

Quick

20/1 this morning, 1/2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

There isn't even a president in place at the FIGC at the moment so I doubt they're in a position to offer anyone the manager's job. Also Conte doesn't exactly have the friendliest history with them, so I don't think Conte has been offered the Italy job.

I'd say it has more to do with Juve's refusal to spend on top quality players (and probably their plan to sell Vidal and/or Pogba). There's only so much you can do with free transfers and bargains.

The only positive I can see from this is that it might make the club think twice before selling Vidal/Pogba this summer. There would be absolute uproar if the club lost either of them after losing Conte. That said, I still expect one of them to be sold.

To replace him I want a foreign coach. The club will almost certainly go for one of the mediocre Italians though. Allegri/Mancini or the like would be a massive step backwards for Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Allegri/Mancini or the like would be a massive step backwards for Juve.

Sweet mother of god, are they being linked? Juve are screwed :(

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

This seems on odd one. Seemingly he was linked with Monaco recently. Wonder who will take over.

Sven perhaps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Have a lot of time for what he has done so far with Juve. really made them a powerhouse again. I would imagine that he is a little bit frustrated with transfer budgets. the next challenge for him is the champions leauge and he cant compete on any level with what the English, Spanish teams pay for players as well as Bayern, PSG and now Monaco.

If he is missing out on top targets and forced to sign players on the cheap he will never win it there so may have just drawn a line in the sand.

Would think he would rather stay in club football than look at the Italy Job. Plenty of big clubs willl have sacked managers come october november so could see him then back to work. For the moment Juve fans should be prepared to lose one or two big names.

They should go and offer Luciano Spalletti the job.

A much more preferable option than any of those mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Looks like Allegri is a done deal. Dear oh dear.......

population wrote: »

He'll last 6 months tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

population wrote: »

Wasn't he a key reason as to why Pirlo left Milan?

They should go and offer Luciano Spalletti the job.

A much more preferable option than any of those mentioned.
    I want Deschamps.
    Blatter wrote: »
    He was the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well allegri's wikipedia has been updated at least :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Matri back to juve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Blatter wrote: »

He was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I want Deschamps.

He was the reason.

Galliani, no?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Galliani, no?

He left because Allegri thought he couldn't play in front of the defence any more and wanted to move him to the left of midfield. He said in his book that that was why he left and that he didn't even discuss money with Galliani before he left.

I want Deschamps.

After the way Deschamps was treated the last time he managed Juve, it will never happen.

Get Spalletti in. He plays attractive, attacking football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

He left because Allegri thought he couldn't play in front of the defence any more and wanted to move him to the left of midfield. He said in his book that that was why he left and that he didn't even discuss money with Galliani before he left.

He had every reason to think that though. Milan had Van Bommel and Pirlo hadn't played well for a long time. Pirlo even said himself he needed a change.

Had Pirlo stayed at Milan he never would have resurrected his career like he has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Allegri is not the rubbish manager that many believe him to be. He did a fantastic job with Cagliari before winning Milan their first scudetto in 7 years and coming close the following year. He also did a fantastic job of maintaining a healthy dressing room despite Milan having numerous super-ego players like Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Boateng, Robinho and Pato. The constant speculation over his future for his remaining 18 months coupled with Milan selling their best players and replacing them with Bosman signings left him with an extremely difficult job.

Allegri's managerial deficiencies were clear for all to see however. He demonstrated a tactical ineptness on several occasions, usually against weaker sides. He also showed a lack of adaptability to make changes during a game when things weren't going well and often left it far too late before he even tried to change things. His preference for strong, energetic players over more skillful ones was an issue and cost Milan several times against weaker opposition and he also showed an unwillingness to give young players a chance in the first team.

A strange appointment for Juventus but hardly a shock. Wouldn't be happy if I was a Juve fan as it's certainly a step down from Conte.

"#NoAllegri" is trending worldwide on Twitter.

This just doesn't look right at all...
    Bsq8uqdCQAEI_jV.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

After the way Deschamps was treated the last time he managed Juve, it will never happen.

Get Spalletti in. He plays attractive, attacking football.

Would have been my first Italian choice if I were a Juve fan. Comical they've ended up with Allergi though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement